laser pointer tried with dog...

Old February 8th 04, 05:59 AM
Shaggin

Default laser pointer tried with dog...

I decided since my cats loved this laser pointer so much I would try it with
my dog just to see what he thought. He didn't even seem to notice it he just
kept running around with his tennis ball in his mouth ignoring the red dot.
I tried it for awhile but he just didn't seem to care.

Old February 8th 04, 03:31 PM
GovtLawyer

I've noticed that as soon as I shine the dot on another cat, the cat
(s) chasing it look confused, like they don't know what to do now
that the "prey" has landed on one of them.

My experience as well. They chase it and go nuts, but temporarily freeze when
I put it on the others back.

Old February 8th 04, 03:34 PM
Joe Canuck

Shaggin wrote:

I decided since my cats loved this laser pointer so much I would try it with
my dog just to see what he thought. He didn't even seem to notice it he just
kept running around with his tennis ball in his mouth ignoring the red dot.
I tried it for awhile but he just didn't seem to care.

Dogs are dumber than cats. ;-)

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old February 8th 04, 05:57 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
Joe Canuck wrote:

Shaggin wrote:

I decided since my cats loved this laser pointer so much I would try it with
my dog just to see what he thought. He didn't even seem to notice it he just
kept running around with his tennis ball in his mouth ignoring the red dot.
I tried it for awhile but he just didn't seem to care.

Dogs are dumber than cats. ;-)

Coming off watching part of the Nova on dogs last night on PBS, the
instinct to chase was probably bred out of Shaggin's breed of dog in
order to emphasize some other instinct. What breed is he, Shaggin?

Priscilla

Old February 8th 04, 06:00 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
Priscilla Ballou wrote:

In article ,
Joe Canuck wrote:

Shaggin wrote:

I decided since my cats loved this laser pointer so much I would try it
with
my dog just to see what he thought. He didn't even seem to notice it he
just
kept running around with his tennis ball in his mouth ignoring the red
dot.
I tried it for awhile but he just didn't seem to care.

Dogs are dumber than cats. ;-)

Coming off watching part of the Nova on dogs last night on PBS, the
instinct to chase was probably bred out of Shaggin's breed of dog in
order to emphasize some other instinct. What breed is he, Shaggin?

Ay-yi-yi! I shouldn't even attempt to write until my breakfast is
digested. Let me rephrase.

Coming off watching part of the Nova on dogs last night on PBS, I think
that the instinct..... etc.

a shame-faced Priscilla

Old February 8th 04, 06:49 PM
Shaggin

I've had raccoons chasing it around the backyard just like a cat would.

That is hysterical I would love to see that lol!