Do cats fart?

Old September 6th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default Do cats fart?

Smelled like a fart. I didn't fart but the cat was in the room.
Old September 6th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 09:54:13 -0700 (PDT), James
wrote:

Smelled like a fart. I didn't fart but the cat was in the room.

My Sam fart on occassion and man does it smell bad!! Do not know why
because he eats mainly dry food plus an occassonal chicken breast
strip for a treat.

Old September 6th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Sat, 06 Sep 2008 13:35:53 -0400 from kraut
:
wrote:
Smelled like a fart. I didn't fart but the cat was in the room.

My Sam fart on occassion and man does it smell bad!! Do not know why
because he eats mainly dry food plus an occassonal chicken breast
strip for a treat.

Same with Milo -- SBD, Silent But Deadly. And he's an indoor cat, so
I know what he's been eating.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Old September 6th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to James :

Smelled like a fart. I didn't fart but the cat was in the room.

Our newest addition Phat Kat was a gasser when he first came to us.
Our vet said something about larger animals being more prone to
passing stinky gas because of something about protein... ?

Anyway, on dry food for a month or so to solidify his poops and then
gradually to canned he's still a gasser but it doesn't smell like
death anymore.

I'd say, "yes."

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 7th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

wrote:

Smelled like a fart. I didn't fart but the cat was in the room.

My Sam fart on occassion and man does it smell bad!! Do not know why
because he eats mainly dry food plus an occassonal chicken breast
strip for a treat.

The only flatulent cat we have ever had is our youngest, a one-year-old
former dumpster kitty that we got when he was about six weeks old. He is
also wool-sucker (he must have lost his mom early on).
His gas was *deadly* until he was wormed 3x and had been on a steady diet
of good food. His sucking habit has been decreasing, but he still sucks in
some air which results in the occasional fart.
Next time he goes to the vet, have them check a stool sample. Maybe he has
some parasites.

Old September 7th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
alanr

Yes.

Old September 7th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 09:54:13 -0700 (PDT), James wrote:
Smelled like a fart. I didn't fart but the cat was in the room.

Do cats have an anus?
Do cats digest food?
Old September 7th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl[_4_]

wrote:
Smelled like a fart. I didn't fart but the cat was in the room.

Do cats have an anus?
Do cats digest food?

Being able to pass gas isn't a given in mammals. For example, mice can't
burp. I think it was a valid question.

Old September 7th 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "Cheryl" :

Do cats have an anus?
Do cats digest food?

Being able to pass gas isn't a given in mammals. For example,
mice can't burp. I think it was a valid question.

That's where the "give them soda" to get rid of them "trick" comes
from, I believe. No clue if it's true... never tried.

Or was it artificial sweetener?

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 7th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, James exclaimed (9/6/2008 12:54 PM):
Smelled like a fart. I didn't fart but the cat was in the room.

Yes, Meep could clear a room in seconds, when she was a kitten.

We changed her food and the SBDs went away. She still flatulates
sometimes, but not as much or as odoriferous as in the past.

*silent but deadly

jmc