Man Discovers Starving Kittens

Old June 8th 04, 06:05 PM
J. Marz

Default Man Discovers Starving Kittens

http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/3391466/detail.html

Man Discovers Starving Kittens

POSTED: 3:25 pm CDT June 7, 2004
UPDATED: 3:29 pm CDT June 7, 2004

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa -- A man discovered three starving kittens in a
ditch Monday.

He was near Gifford Park Road in Council Bluffs when he saw a milk
crate. The kittens were inside, and animal control officers said they
had probably been there for days. They had no way to get out.

"We see cruelty all the time," said Deann Nelson, with Council Bluffs
animal control. "It never ceases to amaze me the depths people will go
to injure animals."

The kittens are being cared for by the Humane Society
Old June 9th 04, 05:47 AM
Lee

My daughter stopped by on her way home from walmart carrying a little
scrawney half starved kitten. It was in the parking lot and kept
getting under her car, so concerned about it, she picked it up and,
having two dogs at home who would have made mince meat out of it, she
brought him to me. I have old 18 year old ms Kitty who was a ferral i
took in in i think 1999??? .. who is pretty sot in her ways, but we
decided we would try to work it out. I fed and waterd him and we had
to stop it from eating as we were afraid it would fonder. The kitten
was full of fleas and really a mess, so she decided to come back by
and take it to the vets after she took her frozen food home. She got
it all its shots and wormed and de flead, but we have to keep him
outside away from ms Kity for a while, but have a nice porch and he
made himself comfortable and this morning was in hog heaven, full of
spit and vinegar and curiosity and bouncing all over the place! We
named him Lucky as he was lucky my daughter's car was the one he kept
getting under! I got some of the cutest pics of him scampering around
chasing and stalking phantoms! little yellow striped tiger kitty.
tvksi