[food] Cheese!

Old March 21st 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [food] Cheese!

On 2006-03-20, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) penned:

Not MINE - I LIKE strong cheese! (Trader Joe's has a goat-milk
Gouda from time to time that's wonderful.) Thanks. I'll check TJ's
next time I go there - they carry a lot of imported cheeses (at far
less than you'd pay in "specialty" markets in the U.S.).

I will never understand why there's no Trader Joe's in Boulder. It
seems like the perfect demographic.

Why don't you write to them? They seem to always be opening
new ones. Their web address is www.traderjoes.com

Old March 21st 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I will never understand why there's no Trader Joe's in Boulder. It
seems like the perfect demographic.

Why don't you write to them? They seem to always be opening
new ones. Their web address is www.traderjoes.com

I was just in Trader Joe's about an hour ago, and in the checkout line
I saw a brochure that listed all the states that have TJ's in them.
Never mind Boulder - Colorado wasn't even mentioned. (But if I were
going to open a Trader Joe's in Colorado, Boulder would definitely be
where I'd start!)

Joyce
Old March 21st 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Having lived in Greece for four years in my twenties, it's still one of the
dishes that I miss.

Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
www.flippyscatpage.com

"Yowie" wrote in message ...
Most delicious thing I've come across in a long time:

Slice haloumi cheese approx 5 mm thick (half a pencil width thick... I
don't have my metric to imperial convertor)), and pan fry in a light oil.
Once its golden brown on both sides, remove from pan and sprinkle with
lime (or lemon) juice, cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.

To *die* for, and so simple! Perfect with a glass of red.

Yowie

Old March 21st 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-21, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) penned:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I will never understand why there's no Trader Joe's in Boulder. It
seems like the perfect demographic.

Why don't you write to them? They seem to always be opening new
ones. Their web address is www.traderjoes.com

That's a fair point.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 22nd 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [food] Cheese! LONG

On 2006-03-21, penned:
I was just in Trader Joe's about an hour ago, and in the checkout
line I saw a brochure that listed all the states that have TJ's in
them. Never mind Boulder - Colorado wasn't even mentioned. (But if
I were going to open a Trader Joe's in Colorado, Boulder would
definitely be where I'd start!)

Yup. No TJ's in all of Colorado. But it's particularly odd that
there's none in Boulder.

So start an e-mail campaign! Seriously - if they are assured of a
customer base, they might consider it. I can understand why they might
consider lines-of-supply before opening stores in the midwest (where they
have none at present), but Colorado is not all that far from Nevada and
Arizona, where they DO have stores.

I'm not about to figure out why this outfit doesn't market
in CO....but I will point out that the whole state's population
total is much lower than my hometown city (over 3 million).
Not everyone enjoys freezing their *** off...I've spent 2
winters here now and it's no mystery @ all to me as to the
(LOL) "uncrowded" state.
BUT: hoping to be of some help if Monique would wanna
hunt down this exotic cheese.....in a section (northern end
of town) of Denver called Highlands, on a N/S busy main
drag over there called Lowell, there is a small cheese shop
I've been in a few times w/relatives and I never saw so many
exotic foreign cheeses in my life as there were in there. I am
positive if you gave the friendly counterhelp in there the name
of what you seek, they would do their best to either find it
in there or get it through their sources (they only sell cheese
and maybe imported wines, I didn't notice as I don't drink).
Just ask around neighborhood of Lowell and lower 30's
blocks - lotsa shops and boutiques there. Natives just
call it "the cheese shop". A long drive from Longmont
but at least it's not in Highlands Ranch or Littleton.

Old March 22nd 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-22, dnr penned:

I'm not about to figure out why this outfit doesn't market
in CO....but I will point out that the whole state's population
total is much lower than my hometown city (over 3 million).
Not everyone enjoys freezing their *** off...I've spent 2
winters here now and it's no mystery @ all to me as to the
(LOL) "uncrowded" state.

*snicker* You have got to be kidding!

I grew up in northern Virginia, and I always thought Colorado was "way
too cold" -- until I actually spent some time here!

I can see why it's uncrowded, because most of Colorado is rural farm
land ... just like Kansas. But the front range, man ...

Nah, nevermind. You're right! It sucks! Everyone stay away!

BUT: hoping to be of some help if Monique would wanna
hunt down this exotic cheese.....

Nah, I was specifically looking for Trader Joe's. If I want to find
gourmet food, Boulder has plenty of offerings. It's just odd that
there isn't one here; it seems like the right demographic.

call it "the cheese shop". A long drive from Longmont
but at least it's not in Highlands Ranch or Littleton.

Friends of mine from Virginia just moved to Littleton, so I'll be
there more often than I'd normally be. (I'm sure since I moved here
several years ago, I've been to Denver maybe 10 times, including trips
to the airport.)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully