Multiple purr needs

Old April 7th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Multiple purr needs

As some of you know, I've had my house of 28 years foreclosed as a
result of what was probably criminal as well as unethical (as in
potential disbarment) activity by my ex-wife's sort-of-ex-lawyer. I say
"sort-of" because the lawyer won't accept being fired, doesn't do
anything for her client, but totally blocked my refinancing with
fraudulent claims, in a pattern of extortion. Now that there is
measurable damage, it's much easier to get legal assistance.

Friends in St. Louis have offered me a place to stay, but there are
lots of last-minute issues. I've been working with a new group of
people that seem to have Midwestern values of following through, and
have work waiting for me -- I've also done business development.
Everyone agrees money is due to me for what I've done so far, and the
next weeks offer some extremely interesting and profitable work -- we
probably need to bring in more people (reasonably experienced routing &
switching people, preferably with telephone or VoIP experience,
preferably with carrier or hosting center experience).

The immediate purr problem is hoping Ding is hiding somewhere and won't
come out while the laborers are going in and out.

My next challenge is managing my blood sugar. My ex had a "chocolate
craving" and cleaned out my low-sugar reserves. After a quart of
orange juice, it's now back to normal. I've been trying to use up food
and most cooking things are packed. Things are ok now, but I'm going
to have to order dinner delivered.

Third purr: Unfortunately, I've been waiting for some cash for move
expenses, including fixing my car, and the key person is having bank
problems -- apparently, the state froze his accounts due to an error on
child support he actually paid. I've been after him for at least a week
to go to a wealthy business associate and get discounted loans on my
invoices, which should handle the short-term problem. With my
receivables and his paying me something, it should be possible to work
a solution -- but time is the big problem. Technically, I have an
eviction hearing on the 20th, I have billable work to do.

My ex-wife came down to "help", and in her mind I think she did, but
most of what she did, after 10 days of "I'll be there tomorrow" was get
in the way. The big win is that she agreed to do what was needed to try
to get damages from the lawyer. I'm scared about her follow-through,
although we've taken measures to help. When she visited in Nov-Dec, we
had agreements about a specific, admittedly tricky, way I might have
been able to stop the lawyer's games and allow the refinancing. The
guy she lives with inserted himself into the process, intercepting
email and phone calls, and arguing with her that I was wrong. Bottom
line is that he didn't understand the strategy, and talked her out of
it. She says she won't let him interfere again. Purr #4.

The laborers see a lot of work, and I'm afraid they are right. The
trailer is just too small. These guys are saying 3 people for 6 hours
to clear out the rest of the house, and a 17-24 foot truck, not an 18
foot trailer that's about a third narrower and lower than a truck cargo
area. I'd love to get these guys back if I had the money, but they
aren't available until Monday. I'll definitely use them again if I
can--anyone in the Northern Virginia area, I'll refer them.
Old April 7th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 20:28:05 -0400, "Howard C. Berkowitz"
yodeled:

(snip)

Oh Howard! Big Purrs, all around.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 7th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-06 19:28:05 -0500, "Howard C. Berkowitz" said:

[...]

Oh dear. Multiple purrs, especially on the Mr. Ding front This is
just so rotten and I wish *I* had a house for you.

Old April 7th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tons of purrs and prayers that your troubles end soon. God bless you.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 7th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

{{{{{{{{Howard!}}}}}}}}. You need purrs to the 10th power! Will be sending
mucho purrs from our 4 your way plus please know you have all our good
wishes and moral support. Can we do anything else to help?
Christine and Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old April 7th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lots and lots of purrs on the way.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 7th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:
As some of you know, I've had my house of 28 years foreclosed as a
result of what was probably criminal as well as unethical (as in
potential disbarment) activity by my ex-wife's sort-of-ex-lawyer.

Purrs for you are ongoing. I'm sure you know this, but if your blood
glucose is low, that in itself makes things look really dark. I've had
some of those episodes when nothing will raise the BG, no matter how
much I eat until I can't eat or drink anything more. The only scary part
about living alone as a diabetic.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 7th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Howard C. Berkowitz" wrote in message
snip

Yikes Howard. You have a lot on your plate and we'll send big purrs to help
you through the next few weeks. I hope Mr. Ding cooperates too.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old April 7th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Howard. I hope things work out
for you, and soon. And I hope that sort of lawyer gets what's coming to
her. OY! Sounds like an awful mess. I'm particularly sorry about the
house, but all of it sounds miserable.

Melissa

Old April 7th 06, 08:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article , Marina
wrote:

Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:
As some of you know, I've had my house of 28 years foreclosed as a
result of what was probably criminal as well as unethical (as in
potential disbarment) activity by my ex-wife's sort-of-ex-lawyer.

Purrs for you are ongoing. I'm sure you know this, but if your blood
glucose is low, that in itself makes things look really dark. I've had
some of those episodes when nothing will raise the BG, no matter how
much I eat until I can't eat or drink anything more. The only scary part
about living alone as a diabetic.

Actually, I tend to have more problems when it's high -- I get sluggish
and exhausted, and that creeps up on me. When it's low, I can usually
feel that without a measurement. I'm still getting my body used to a
lower (i.e., normal) level, so I start feeling low symptoms when it's
technically above normal.

At the moment, I've had my usual 3AM jerking awake, and I still feel a
sense of dread over Ding. He's vanished before and tends to hide a lot.
My biggest hope is that he's in the house, and that he will eventually
come to Mr. Clark, whom he adores. I've been asking Mr. Clark and
Rhonda if they know where he is, and I've never so much wanted to speak
Cattish. They give me alert looks, but no one is running to the door to
suggest he's outside. *sigh* Rhonda or Ding once did that when Mr.
Clark accidentally found himself on the Out side of the door, and, once
a vocal junior cat herded me to the door, I could hear him wailing "I
am a HOUSE cat!"

Emotions have a lot to do with it. When I'm upset, the sugar goes up.
Mysteriously, when my ex was down here, my insulin need went down 75%.
Maybe that's a function of being more around people. I will be staying
with people who are all diabetics, one of whom is a physician (OK, I'm
not, but I will be his study partner for board recertification in
emergency medicine)

Still, I can't picture what it's doing now, with utter emotional chaos.
It's not so much that the needed money isn't potentially available -- I
have invoices ready to go out -- but that it isn't available right NOW.
The person that was to have gotten it has been consistent on sending me
half or more when he's gotten small amounts.

This is very different than the final straw in the foreclosure
situation, where an alleged client and friend was promising a wire
transfer of a very large fee until an hour before the actual deadline.
It's very ironic, given all the rumors about US telephone surveillance,
that I can't get the attention of security organizations to report a
threat, which this client may be posing -- I dearly hope he's lying
about certain things. While I cannot get into the specific here, I'm in
the difficult position that it would be irresponsible to try to call or
email the relevant information.