Homeopathic & herbals remedies for appetite loss

Old June 23rd 04, 03:43 PM
Patricia

Default Homeopathic & herbals remedies for appetite loss

Farfou has been diagnosed with struvites crystal blocage three weks
ago.
He spent 5 days at the vet with a catheter.
He has been on antibiotica until yesterday morning.

He was a HUGE eater, but now he almost doesn't touch his food.
I have to hand feed him. I see that he is hungry and would like to
eat, but he stops very fast and go away ...

What would be good homeopathic and herbal remedies to use?

Thank you

Patricia
Old June 27th 04, 06:59 PM
Amber

Well I just read a thread below that countradicts what I am about to
say. Especially considering that your kitty has been experiencing
blockages you probably want to check with your vet before trying this.

I have saved dying kitties by feeding them tuna or tuna water.
Another possibility is simply to give him some omega 3 supplements
which are rich nutrients.

Good luck. Sounds like your little guy is in some pain right now. I
know how tough it is to cope with sick kitties. I have 1 with a bad
case of spreading cancer right now.

Amber

Old June 27th 04, 07:02 PM
Amber

I also should have mentioned Science Diet A/D in a can. You have to
get this from a vet by prescription. When I use to work for the vet I
use to have to feed critically ill animals with canned A/D. It is
really rich & cats tend to love it. I think Science Diet packages
this stuck for dogs, but my vet used it with critically ill kitties as
well. I have some here now for my Winnie who has cancer that's
spreading.