Flying Kitty, Anyone?

Old January 17th 17, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

Default Flying Kitty, Anyone?

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 10:30:54 -0800, Joy wrote:

Lindy (RB) used to make me chase her around the house to give her a
pill. However, after a couple of minutes of running, she would jump up
on the couch or a bed and wait docilely. She didn't fight at all when I
gave here the pill, but she had to have that chase first.

I think somewhere there is a master list - no, make that a book - of cat
idiosyncrasies, and that prior to birth, each of them gets to sit down with the
maker and select its own unique mixture of these, as if ordering personality
traits from a menu with which to befuddle its eventual human companion.

They also receive a special auxiliary collection of quirks to be held in reserve
so that whenever we start to think we have seen all of them, they present us
with a brand new one!

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Old January 17th 17, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:28:04 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

My first cat, Sweep, had to take tablets everyday usually this was in some
food but when she wasn't eating it was a battle. one day DH had her
wrapped in a towel (not an easy thing to achieve) and had her on his lap
in the dining room to try to pill her. She was having none of this and
escaped, jumping out of DH's reach and leaping into the air. As my DH was
trying to catch her she was using his arms and hands to keep herself in
the air. She was in effect flying around the room. This went on for
several minutes until Sweep realised she was heading for the window and
couldn't change direction so she just stopped. DH managed to catch her as
she dropped and she took the pill no problem.

Well, this confirms my suspicions, then - cats may not have wings, but at least
some of them can definitely fly.

I presume DH refers to Dear (or Darling, or Doting) Husband. I do hope his arms
and hands didn't get shredded while Sweep was using him as an aid to aviation.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Old January 17th 17, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

My first cat, Sweep, had to take tablets everyday usually this was in some
food but when she wasn't eating it was a battle. one day DH had her
wrapped in a towel (not an easy thing to achieve) and had her on his lap
in the dining room to try to pill her. She was having none of this and
escaped, jumping out of DH's reach and leaping into the air. As my DH was
trying to catch her she was using his arms and hands to keep herself in
the air. She was in effect flying around the room. This went on for
several minutes until Sweep realised she was heading for the window and
couldn't change direction so she just stopped. DH managed to catch her as
she dropped and she took the pill no problem.

Well, this confirms my suspicions, then - cats may not have wings, but at least
some of them can definitely fly.

Sometimes they even teleport. You'll see them in one spot, go in the
opposite direction into another room, and they're sitting there looking
at you.

Old January 17th 17, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 1/16/2017 3:46 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
[...]

Yep. They definitely don't want us to get complacent. One of the
things I've noticed is that they'll do the same thing the same way for
months, then suddenly change their routine. They keep us on our toes.
Old January 17th 17, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 16:20:06 -0800, Joy wrote:

On 1/16/2017 3:55 PM, John Kasupski wrote:

Well, this confirms my suspicions, then - cats may not have wings, but at least
some of them can definitely fly.

Sometimes they even teleport. You'll see them in one spot, go in the
opposite direction into another room, and they're sitting there looking
at you.

Yes...as if to say, "Glad you could make it, slowpoke - what kept you?"

The one that really gets me is when I'm sitting at the computer and I feel her
fur brushing up against my legs and/or feet, but when I look down to see what
she wants, she's nowhere in sight - and after glancing around the dining room in
confusion a bit I finally spot her sprawled out on the couch out in the living
room looking for all the world as if she's been lying right there for hours. If
you didn't know for a fact that's she's alive, you'd swear she was a ghost. But
her playful tail-wagging gives her away - I think she does it on purpose just so
she can lay over there inwardly cackling with glee and watch me looking for her.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Old January 18th 17, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Joy wrote:

On 1/16/2017 4:28 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , John Kasupski
wrote:

This kind of branches off from Joy's "Rain" post, but...anybody beside
me ever have a cat that could literally go all the way around a room or
from the middle of one room to the other end of the next room without
touching the floor?

snipped

She gets downright indignant about it if I haven't opened the blinds
before sitting down with my cup of coffee! This morning, I remembered to
open the blinds for her. She's standing over there on the back of the
couch as I'm typing this, alternately looking out the window and over at
me, giving me those slow kitty-kiss winks when she catches me looking at
her - but you know what? I don't get those slow winks on mornings when
she has to remind me to open the blinds!

I've only had her since October, but already I could write a book.

John D. Kasupski Niagara Falls, NY

My first cat, Sweep, had to take tablets everyday usually this was in some
food but when she wasn't eating it was a battle. one day DH had her
wrapped in a towel (not an easy thing to achieve) and had her on his lap
in the dining room to try to pill her. She was having none of this and
escaped, jumping out of DH's reach and leaping into the air. As my DH was
trying to catch her she was using his arms and hands to keep herself in
the air. She was in effect flying around the room. This went on for
several minutes until Sweep realised she was heading for the window and
couldn't change direction so she just stopped. DH managed to catch her as
she dropped and she took the pill no problem.

Judith

Lindy (RB) used to make me chase her around the house to give her a
pill. However, after a couple of minutes of running, she would jump up
on the couch or a bed and wait docilely. She didn't fight at all when I
gave here the pill, but she had to have that chase first.

Roxy used to do that! She would run away, but the chase didn't last very
long. Suddenly she would just stop and look up at me as though to say, "We
both know you're going to catch me, so might as well get it over with."

Joyce

--
If you can't operate your turn signal, what makes you think you can
drive the rest of the car? -- bumper sticker