Poll: Which direction do your cats like to face?

Old November 14th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Default Poll: Which direction do your cats like to face?

In ceramics I'm making a statue of a cat sleeping on a rather rudimentary
sofa. Since my owners tend to face to my right when sleeping I faced my
sleeping cat to the right. One of the other students saw this and told me
that her cat also faces to the right when sleeping.

I was telling Rob about this when I noticed that Huey and Merlin were
shifting their positions on the bed...to the left. Since that time, all of
the cats are doing their best to confuse us. May I suggest that you don't
mention this poll in front of your owner, but answer. Does your cat face to
your right or left when sleeping curled up?

Pam S. getting paranoid

Old November 15th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Which direction do your cats like to face?

"tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
In ceramics I'm making a statue of a cat sleeping on a rather rudimentary
sofa. Since my owners tend to face to my right when sleeping I faced my
sleeping cat to the right. One of the other students saw this and told me
that her cat also faces to the right when sleeping.

I was telling Rob about this when I noticed that Huey and Merlin were
shifting their positions on the bed...to the left. Since that time, all
of the cats are doing their best to confuse us. May I suggest that you
don't mention this poll in front of your owner, but answer. Does your cat
face to your right or left when sleeping curled up?

Pam S. getting paranoid

Counter clockwise usually. But not always.

Jo

Old November 15th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Mesdames Roxie and Sabrina prefer to curl counterclockwise, while Odessa has
gotten in touch with her inner otter, and enjoys lying on her back. Stosh and
Brandy prefer to sleep on their sides, usually with their heads to the left,
and try to stretch to maximum cat-limit. Chubby, fluffy Brandy looks
especially like a little rug when she does this, so Louie and I have proven
that we watch way too many episodes of "The Nanny" by nicknaming her "Rugaleh.
"

Blessed be,
Baha

Old November 15th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

tanada wrote:

I was telling Rob about this when I noticed that Huey and Merlin were
shifting their positions on the bed...to the left. Since that time, all of
the cats are doing their best to confuse us. May I suggest that you don't
mention this poll in front of your owner, but answer. Does your cat face to
your right or left when sleeping curled up?

That's a good question. I think they do all different things - whatever
happens to suit them in the moment. The one thing I *do* notice is that
when all 3 of them are on the bed, two of them will be in identical positions,
and the third will be in the same position, but backward. It never fails.
So, if two are curled clockwise, the third will be curled counterclockwise.
If two are meatloafing toward one wall (and in perfectly parallel positions),
the third will be meatloafing exactly 180 degrees the other way.

And it's not always the same cat who has to do it differently, which is
why I spoke of them in general terms. They've all had their turn being
the opposing-position cat at one time or another.

What do you suppose that is about??

Joyce

Old November 15th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

wrote in message
That's a good question. I think they do all different things - whatever
happens to suit them in the moment. The one thing I *do* notice is that
when all 3 of them are on the bed, two of them will be in identical
positions,
and the third will be in the same position, but backward. It never fails.
So, if two are curled clockwise, the third will be curled
counterclockwise.
If two are meatloafing toward one wall (and in perfectly parallel
positions),
the third will be meatloafing exactly 180 degrees the other way.

And it's not always the same cat who has to do it differently, which is
why I spoke of them in general terms. They've all had their turn being
the opposing-position cat at one time or another.

What do you suppose that is about??

Sounds like they have an innate understanding of feng shui :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old November 15th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
In ceramics I'm making a statue of a cat sleeping on a rather rudimentary
sofa. Since my owners tend to face to my right when sleeping I faced my
sleeping cat to the right. One of the other students saw this and told me
that her cat also faces to the right when sleeping.

I was telling Rob about this when I noticed that Huey and Merlin were
shifting their positions on the bed...to the left. Since that time, all
of the cats are doing their best to confuse us. May I suggest that you
don't mention this poll in front of your owner, but answer. Does your cat
face to your right or left when sleeping curled up?

Pam S. getting paranoid

Don't let them get you down Pam :-) My boys *usually* sleep
counterclockwise when they are alone on the bed. Otis always sleeps facing
my face. Whenever I roll over, he gets up, often steps on my neck, walks to
the other side, and curls up to face me again.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old November 15th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ben Goren

wrote:

tanada wrote:

[...]

Sounds to me like sentry duty.

Cheers,

b&

--
EAC Memographer
BAAWA Knight of Blasphemy

Old November 15th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

tanada wrote:
In ceramics I'm making a statue of a cat sleeping on a rather rudimentary
sofa. Since my owners tend to face to my right when sleeping I faced my
sleeping cat to the right. One of the other students saw this and told me
that her cat also faces to the right when sleeping.

I was telling Rob about this when I noticed that Huey and Merlin were
shifting their positions on the bed...to the left. Since that time, all of
the cats are doing their best to confuse us. May I suggest that you don't
mention this poll in front of your owner, but answer. Does your cat face to
your right or left when sleeping curled up?

Pam S. getting paranoid

Counter clockwise. Would that be facing right?

Sherry

Old November 15th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:
That's a good question. I think they do all different things - whatever
happens to suit them in the moment. The one thing I *do* notice is that
when all 3 of them are on the bed, two of them will be in identical positions,
and the third will be in the same position, but backward. It never fails.
So, if two are curled clockwise, the third will be curled counterclockwise.
If two are meatloafing toward one wall (and in perfectly parallel positions),
the third will be meatloafing exactly 180 degrees the other way.

And it's not always the same cat who has to do it differently, which is
why I spoke of them in general terms. They've all had their turn being
the opposing-position cat at one time or another.

What do you suppose that is about??

LOL! Confuse-a-human? My cat sleep either way, but lap-sitting is
something else. Frank and Nikki both used to settle down facing my
right, Frank often had his paws on my right shoulder, Nikki usuall
eventually climbed up on my right shoulder. But Mir and Cal prefer my
left shoulder! I lift them up the same way I lifted F&N, with my right
hand under the chest, the left hand strokes the back, turns the tail
down, and lifts. If Mir turns around so she faces left, I know she will
settle down in my arms for a while. If she doesn't, she will accept a
few scritches, then leave. Caliban also turns around to face left after
I've lifted him. More confuse-a-human.

Stories and pics at
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/
Old November 15th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
_eek_

Susan M wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Well i dont think its Feng Shui
I have read that only cats (not Dogs) like to sleep where the earth's
electromagnetic field is strong,and thats a reason they stretch after
sleeping.That person was also suggesting not sleep where cats
sleep.Well i dont know if that text was like total crap or right,but
it wont prevent me from sleeping with my cats