Do Cats Have Pockets?

Old June 17th 16, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Do Cats Have Pockets?

I swear, I don't know where Buffy manages to hide her toys. She has a
little red ball covered in velveteen fabric she adores. And two golf balls.

Last week the red ball disappeared. I tore the place apart looking for
it. Moved the couch, looked under and behind everything. No luck.
Then one evening it reappeared just in time for her to want to play.

Since then the two golf balls vanished into the either... or were beamed
to the Mothership. Again, I looked all over, couldn't find them.
They have not shown up. I gave her a spare golf ball and she was happy.

Where on earth do they manage to hide these things? Buffy is unusual in
that she only plays with her toys in the living room. She has never
batted or carried any of them into another room. Beats the heck out of
me what she did with those two golf balls... unless she has pockets. Or
a pocketbook.

Jill
Old June 17th 16, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/17/2016 10:39 AM, jmcquown wrote:
I swear, I don't know where Buffy manages to hide her toys. She has a
little red ball covered in velveteen fabric she adores. And two golf
balls.

Jill

Maybe she learned Duffy's trick. He has a cat bed that he
adores--large, round, soft. He tucks toys into the inside seam. The
last time I "cleaned house" for him, I kept reaching down into the seam
to pull out toys. One by one, I kept pulling out toys until I finally
had a pile of more than a dozen of his favorites! Holly (RB) used to do
the same thing. Her favorite toy was a little leather mouse, but it had
to be red. I would find several of them tucked into the seam of that
same cat bed. She used to bring one of them to me every evening. I
would hear this "moaning" sound, and then Holly would enter the room
carrying her little red mouse.

MaryL

Old June 18th 16, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe cats need savings accounts too?

keogh account= meow account?

Old June 19th 16, 10:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I swear, I don't know where Buffy manages to hide her toys. She has
a little red ball covered in velveteen fabric she adores. And two
golf balls.
Last week the red ball disappeared. I tore the place apart looking for
it. Moved the couch, looked under and behind everything. No luck.
Then one evening it reappeared just in time for her to want to play.

[...]
Where on earth do they manage to hide these things?

Ours always manage to find the golf balls at around 2am. And we have
bare wood floors.

In our old flat, underneath the piano was the feline savings bank.
Pencils, ping pong balls, plectrums, film spools, oatcakes, anything
that might come in handy someday when the humans weren't providing
enough entertainment.

Old June 19th 16, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 6/19/2016 2:54 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
I swear, I don't know where Buffy manages to hide her toys. She has
a little red ball covered in velveteen fabric she adores. And two
golf balls.
Last week the red ball disappeared. I tore the place apart looking for
it. Moved the couch, looked under and behind everything. No luck.
Then one evening it reappeared just in time for her to want to play.

[...]
Where on earth do they manage to hide these things?

Ours always manage to find the golf balls at around 2am. And we have
bare wood floors.

In our old flat, underneath the piano was the feline savings bank.
Pencils, ping pong balls, plectrums, film spools, oatcakes, anything
that might come in handy someday when the humans weren't providing
enough entertainment.

When I moved out my refrigerator to clean the floor, I found several
mousies and one or two other things. Under the couch is a veritable
treasure trove. The door to my hall closet has a gap at the bottom, and
I discovered several cat toys in that closet.
Old June 19th 16, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_6_]

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:47:53 -0500, MaryL
wrote:

Maybe she learned Duffy's trick. He has a cat bed that he
adores--large, round, soft. He tucks toys into the inside seam. The
last time I "cleaned house" for him, I kept reaching down into the seam
to pull out toys. One by one, I kept pulling out toys until I finally
had a pile of more than a dozen of his favorites! Holly (RB) used to do
the same thing. Her favorite toy was a little leather mouse, but it had
to be red. I would find several of them tucked into the seam of that
same cat bed. She used to bring one of them to me every evening. I
would hear this "moaning" sound, and then Holly would enter the room
carrying her little red mouse.

"Look what I caught"

Lucy, my tabby, has no interest in toys. But for some reason, she
loves grape stalks... I have learned the hard way not to leave a bowl
of grapes unprotected, otherwise they tend to disappear.

Old June 20th 16, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Yes, definitely keep the grapes covered now that you know your cat will
eat them. Grapes are toxic to dogs and can cause kidney problems in cats.

MaryL

Old June 22nd 16, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Not good, thanks for the warning. Lucy doesnt actually eat grapes (to
my knowledge) but loves to play with the stalks for some odd reason.
Old June 22nd 16, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I think the stalks are probably bad, too. I can sort of understand the
play aspect from the POV of a cat...

OMG speaking of cats! There is a HUGE orange tabby walking right by my
patio. If Buffy sees it she's going to freak!!!!

Jill
Old June 22nd 16, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default The Big Huge Orange Tabby (WAS: Do Cats Have Pockets?)

wrote:

[...]

Yep. Buffy saw the Big Orange Cat. I thought Buffy was "plump"... this
cat was HUGE! It walked right across my back yard and onto the patio.
Buffy saw it and started YOWLING. HISSSSSS! I tried to get a picture
of it but by the time Buffy scared it off it was moving too fast.

Unfortunately, I suspect my neighbor is cat-sitting again. The cat ran
off towards her patio. I say unfortunately because she seems to think
all cats (even those that are not hers) should go outside. The last
time a cat on the patio upset Buffy she was cat-sitting. She takes them
into *her* home rather than taking care of them in their own homes. And
she lets them out. In what I would call unfamiliar territory.

I don't like it and I don't like Buffy being upset. She finally has a
nice quiet home.

Of course I will not accuse my neighbor of this. But if I happen to see
her outside tomorrow I might mention Buffy seeing a very large orange
tabby and getting upset. She'll likely tell me if she's cat sitting.
She did the last time this happened with a long-haired cat named Blacky.

I know lots of people let their cats run loose but where I live is
really not a good place to do it. Too many predators. I do have to
wonder if the people she cat sits for know she lets them out in a
"strange neighborhood".

Jill