Cat vomiting-pooping - 15 yrs old

Old May 8th 04, 03:21 AM
MacCandace

It could be many things (inflammatory bowel disease, lymphoma, etc).
Gail

Yes, I agree, it could be those. Has she had bloodwork? It could be something
as easily (and inexpensively) treated as hyperthyroidism but that could only be
diagnosed through bloodwork.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)
Old May 8th 04, 06:55 AM
minerva nine

I would think she might have a food allergy. Also, have you had her checked
for Bartonella, and/or cardiac issues? Often cardiac problems will cause
cats to vomit frequently. -- M9

"jks0614" wrote in message
m...
Mommsy is 15 yrs old.
She always seem to have a sensitive stomach or vomiting issues. An
antibiotic usually helped. Now nothing helps. She was on AD for
short time, now on KD.
Vet said that liver & kidneys show deteriation due to age. Her
vomiting is smelly & so is her loose bowel movement. She doesn't
always poop in the pan.
Mommsy has a healthy appetite & acts "normal". She's alert.
If you mention a "blockage", then wouldn't she not be or would stop
eating,pooping, etc?
I'm supposed to go to vet on Mon if she doesn't stop - for an
injection to stop this. ITM, I'm giving her Hi-Vite Drops (from vet).
She's not lethargic although she never has been a playful cat. (I got
her in 1991 as a totally feral cat & was about 1-2 yrs old. Took me
about 4-5 months to domesticate her).
She's very thin - anorexic, under 5 lbs, but a bit over 4 lbs.
Any ideas? Keep in mind her age & what she should/could be put thru.
Joan

Old May 9th 04, 04:52 AM
jks0614

Someone sent me somewhere & I ended up reading about IBD. Mommsy has
the exact symptoms & I will be at the vet 1st thing in the a.m.
Will update.
Thanx so much for your inputs.
Joan