Updated pics of UBK (unnamed blind kitty)

Old March 5th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Updated pics of UBK (unnamed blind kitty)

"Phoenix" wrote in message

We are thinking of calling her Eubie Kay :-)

Here's some shots after she got adventurous and went up on the
couch to get pettings from DH.

More later when I'm not so busy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22768780@N02/3329182885/

What an extraordinarily gorgeous beastie! Eubie Kay sounds like a wonderful
name. :-)

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old March 5th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Phoenix" wrote in message
We are thinking of calling her Eubie Kay :-)

Here's some shots after she got adventurous and went up on the couch
to get pettings from DH.

More later when I'm not so busy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22768780@N02/3329182885/

Eubie seems to be settling nicely.

Princess looks very much like Jake. Narrower chin than he has, as is
to be expected on a girl.

If she isn't pure bred Siamese, no one told her parents. Maybe no
papers, but she sure looks purebred.

Jo

Old March 5th 09, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Mar 5, 2:18*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
Eubie seems to be settling nicely.

She is. She goes to the vet for FeLeuk and FIV tests today and to see
if she is microchipped. (We wanted to give her a week or so to get
used to the smell and space and us and stuff before being abducted by
aliens and rudely handled.)

Princess ... If she isn't pure bred Siamese, no one told her parents.
*Maybe no papers, but she sure looks purebred.

wist Princess is the one who went walkabout last summer, at the age
of 16, the day before she was to go to the vet to find out if she was
OK. sigh

And she did look purebred Siamese, except we knew her mom. A friend of
ours took in a stray momma cat just before she gave birth. So daddy
may have been purebred, but we knew for sure that Princess wasn't. She
was also an extremely quiet cat, rarely meowed or even mrrrp'ed.
DEFINITELY not Siamese :-)

Deborah
a little more time today
Old March 5th 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Mar 5, 11:56*am, "Ann" wrote:
I looked through all the pictures. All your cats are beautiful.

Thank you. I've always thought so. smile

The new deck is nice.

Thanks! There are many many stories about that deck...and we still
have some to do on it this summer.

Deborah
Old March 5th 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Mar 5, 3:54*am, "jmcquown" wrote:

She's so pretty! *And seems to be making herself quite at home in such a
short time *

She IS very pretty, and has a way of sitting that looks....PRIM.
Truly. If she were a human, she would be in a Victorian novel as a
spinster aunt, I think.

How are the other cats and your dog taking to her? *Or have
they been introduced yet?

They have not. We have a section of the house that can be completely
closed off, where my office is. She is in there (and unfortunately, so
is her catbox, so working has been...mmmm...less than pleasant for the
past week or so).

The other animals WANT to come in and visit but we aren't letting them
until she at least gets her FeLeuk and FIV tests back and we make sure
she doesn't belong to anyone else.

She is at the vet as I type for the tests. We put posters and a
Craigslist ad out over the weekend and DH took flyers to al lthe local
vets. We figure in another week or so we can start introductions. We
have no clue if she's ever come across a dog before. I know she has
dealt with other cats (there were lots of strays and cats-allowed-
outside where she was found).

Oh, and I bought bell-type dingling rolly balls for her to play with,
but they just freak her out. I felt badly....not sure what she can
play with, or if she ever learned to play.

*(BTW, thanks for taking her in.)

Hey, someone had to and I'm glad she's doing so well. She's putting on
weight (a very good thing) and her fur is getting sleeker. Yay!

Deborah
back to work now...
Old March 6th 09, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Phoenix wrote:
We are thinking of calling her Eubie Kay :-)

Here's some shots after she got adventurous and went up on the couch
to get pettings from DH.

More later when I'm not so busy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22768780@N02/3329182885/

Eubie Kay is a great name. She does look a lot like my Nikki.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...rent=nikki.jpg

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 7th 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

On Mar 5, 11:56 am, "Ann" wrote:
I looked through all the pictures. All your cats are beautiful.

Same here Eubie Kay looks alot like our Pookie cat, and I love your
d*ggie too.

Thank you. I've always thought so. smile

The new deck is nice.

Thanks! There are many many stories about that deck...and we still
have some to do on it this summer.

Deborah

Got some works to do on our deck as well. Thank you so much for sharing.
Your other animals are beautiful and they look so happy. So soes your DH.
Meow
Kyla