Tribute to Booger the HarpurrCat

Old October 9th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Anti Shado

Default Tribute to Booger the HarpurrCat

nervous human makes her way to the podium

Good Evening, Cats and humans. I am known as Shado and I had the honor
and priviledge of being Meowmie to Booger the HarpurrCat for seventeen
and a half years. Before I begin my tribute to Booger, I would like to
thank Booger's dear wink Ms Kitty Schottland-HarpurrCat for sponsoring
me into this year's Jellicle Ball. Dear, I just wanted to tell you how
much Booger loved you and, even though he didn't say much, how happy he
was when you two were winked.

Booger came to me as a wee, eight week old kitten. Already dressed
formally in a black tuxedo with white shirt and black tie, he proved to
be an assertive friend even then. His first job was to be companion to
my elderly blue point Siamese ladycat, BG. In the few months
preceeding, she had lost both her companioncat Killer and her
grandmeowmie (my mother) and made it quite clear that, since I had gone
back to a regular job, she needed a new friend to keep her company.
The elderly Siamese and rambunctious kitten got on famously and
remained close till BG was called to the Bridge in 1991.

At that point, Booger made it clear that he preferred to be the ONLY
cat in the family. He became my best pal, confidant, and cheerleader.
When I met the manhuman that would eventually become my husband, he did
a kitty background check and pronounced him worthy to become his Paw.

As the years went by, Booger supported and encouraged me to complete my
undergraduate degree, even tutoring me in some of the more complex
subjects. Not satisfied with a BS, eighteen months ago, he convinced
me to pursue a graduate degree. A very cultured cat, Booger enjoyed
music, primarily classical and Irish Traditional. He was fascinated by
my Irish harp, especially when he realized that he could make sounds
come from it when he brushed it with his tail, thus earning his
wholename, Booger the HarpurrCat. He enjoyed Cello music and the harp,
but had no taste for pipes or tinwhistle

Booger was a wonderful predator and depending on where we lived, kept
his home free of field mice, lizards, and the occasional palmetto bug.
The only thing that he preferred to leave to his humans was the large
black snake that lived in his backyard in Florida.

Booger was quite the traveling cat, making his way from Ohio to
Florida, and finally to Maryland. He was agreeable to accompanying us
to my new job posting in the Far East, but was called to the Bridge
instead. Always healthy (Fang Bast), except for a bout with T-Cell
carcinoma in 2001, he left suddenly after a brief illness on Memorial
Day.

He actually did make the trip to the Far East as we brought his ashes
with us. It's been hard without him, both his Paw and I miss him
deeply. It is our hope that Booger and Bast see fit to hook us up with
another cat or two that need a loving "onetroohome".

Thank you for allowing me to give Booger's tribute and thank you all
for being part of this wonderful community of love and friendship.

Shado, wipes a tear and steps down from the podium

Old October 9th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

six cats bow theirz headz in rembrsanze of da wonnerful kittee, Tiger stands
and goes to the hooman and winds arownd herown legs anna purrs lowdly fur
hize howze...
ups.com...

Old October 9th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Me

MMS. Dat was a furry butiful trybute.

Snowflake, Booker and Chappy

Anti Shado wrote:

nervous human makes her way to the podium

Good Evening, Cats and humans. I am known as Shado and I had the honor
and priviledge of being Meowmie to Booger the HarpurrCat for seventeen
and a half years. Before I begin my tribute to Booger, I would like to
thank Booger's dear wink Ms Kitty Schottland-HarpurrCat for sponsoring
me into this year's Jellicle Ball. Dear, I just wanted to tell you how
much Booger loved you and, even though he didn't say much, how happy he
was when you two were winked.

.....gently shredded....
Old October 9th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Dat wuz sooo mooovink, Antee Shado.
Puurrrrrr-rrrr-rrrrrp...
--
Pitö.önya

Old October 9th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meeee

Jasmine walks up to Shado as she steps down from the podium, winding around
her legs and purring comfort.
We all miss Booger.
ups.com...

Old October 10th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

On 9 Oct 2006 06:35:27 -0700, Anti Shado's nimble, little paws typed:

nervous human makes her way to the podium

Good Evening, Cats and humans. I am known as Shado and I had the honor

gennle snippy

Thank you for allowing me to give Booger's tribute and thank you all
for being part of this wonderful community of love and friendship.

Shado, wipes a tear and steps down from the podium

Dat wuz bootiful, Anti Shado. Furry tuchin. He may be attid da bridj,
but you haff hiz memoriez...
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
10/9/2006 11:17:08 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net
Old October 10th 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ralph & His Clowder

Anti Shado, dat wuz a furrrry snif movin tribewt tu a remarcabull cat.
I yam privlejed tu haf nown him. Ize shur Boogie iz playin his harp atta
Ball atta Bridj.... listen.... yez, Ize shur dat's him. Mine clowder
will purrrr for yewr hart tu heel.
Ralph de Ralf

Anti Shado wrote:
nervous human makes her way to the podium

Good Evening, Cats and humans. I am known as Shado and I had the honor
and priviledge of being Meowmie to Booger the HarpurrCat for seventeen
and a half years. 8 respectful snip of tribute 8

Old October 12th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
BallardBunch

Boogie wuz a fellow musishun anna troo gentlecat. He played hiz harp at
my housemate Ceilidh's ceili when she went to da Bridge (where she
started da Rainbow Bridge Chorale). An he left a liddle golden harp pin
in her memory. We didn't know how much he helped his hoomin ofur da
yeers, but he cleerly had hiz pawz full an roze to da challenge. I'm
shur he's tuning hiz harp to accompany da Rainbow Bridge Chorale rite
now. --Talisker Pippin, giving a liddle shake of her tamboureen in
herown tribute

--Talisker Pippin & Sherry her Hoomin (Visit us at Bitterroot Manor at
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/1240/)

Old October 13th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
From the House of Rennie

[Kissa dabz at hur ayez wif hur tissue an handz a fresh wun tu Anti
Shado] Anti Shado, dat wazza bewtiful tribyewet tu Boogie. He iz sadlee
missed bi all. Mine clowder will also purr fur da hole in yur tu hart
tu heel.

Kissa

Old October 13th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ray or Fran

Ize hadn't known how much Booger helped youze all over the years, but it
sounds like hez did a wonderful job. Youze gave a wonderful tribute that
reflectz youze luve to a wonderful cat that is truly missed.

Puddi Cat
(sending purrs of comfort to Aunti Shado)
--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply