A house divided (Quinn)

Old February 24th 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default A house divided (Quinn)

Preamble: I'm posting from Google becasue my working PC died and I
can't bring my new VISTA laptop online. I will try to check back via
Google at the library (where I am now)

Quinn disappeared 12 days ago and I've been in great distress and
depression. Katie printed flyers for me and I put them up a week
ago. Last night I was worken my a caller, who said she had seen Quinn
just 2 minutes ago a block North of me, needless to say I ran over,
and he was there (she was staying there watching him), stupidly I
didn't have the carrier so I carried him back, growling and hissing.
Once home he kapt on growling and hisspitting at me and the other
guys. I took them all to my bedroom and closed the door, leaving
Quinn downstairs. This morning I picked him up to take to the vet and
he viciously attacked me. I know it's Quinn from his appearance, his
movements and he is starting to react to his name with ear twitches, I
can'rt believe he left home, you can take the cat out of the feral I
guess but not the feral from the cat. 4 years ago it was easier to
tame him than now, the first couple of nights when I woke in the
middle of the night and he was gone, I walked around the neighborhood
til I found him and he juist followed me home. Now, I have to wonder
if I can let him free again in Tampa.

Two things are sure, my cliche before was that Quinn adored me, my
hand and arm give rebuttal to that now, the other thing I kept saying
while Quinn was missing was that he can't be loose or he'd be home, I
let the other cats out this AM (they're all kept in at night) to avoid
any incidents (particularly with Loos, she and Quinn were never
buddies). Quinn's been sitting by the cat door, staring out the patio
door his whole time back, He's back but I still feel like I've lost a
treaured buddy.
Old February 24th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 24, 7:44*am, wrote:
, *He's back but I still feel like I've lost a
treaured buddy.

Give him some time he's possibly had a bad experience in the Out

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 24th 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Spot[_2_]

I certainly wouldn't let him loose. But then I never let my cats roam.
There are too many dangers out there
Celeste

--
Get 600 FREE 4X6 prints and 600 FREE 5x7 prints
sign up for Artscow

Save 25% or more on your eBay® auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip
http://www.bidnip.com/a.php?id=39019

Old February 24th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

wrote in message

Quinn disappeared 12 days ago ...
Once home he kept on growling and hisspitting at me and the
other
guys. ... This morning I picked him up to take to the vet and
he viciously attacked me. I know it's Quinn from his
appearance, his
movements and he is starting to react to his name with ear
twitches, I
can't believe he left home, you can take the cat out of the
feral I
guess but not the feral from the cat.

Has he been neutered? If not, that could be why he's wandering.
There's probably Queens in season calling for every Tom. You'd be
p155ed if someone tried to separate you from your partner! Did
you actually get him to the vet? I don't want to worry you, but a
sudden change in behaviour could be due to a stroke :-(

...He's back but I still feel like I've lost a treasured buddy.

Sorry to hear that. If we start purring loudly enough, we may be
able to persuade him to stay.

--
MatSav

Old February 24th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 24, 10:44*am, wrote:
[...]

Maybe temporarily misplaced. Probably something in his little head is
telling him to act this way and he may well get over it. My pal
Feather (RB) seemed completely alienated from me when he was around
thirty months old. He had been my little buddy for all that time and
suddenly, and I mean suddenly, he didn't like me anymore. I was
devastated but I kept on keeping on. I figured I owed him a home even
if he did avoid me. Then one night, it had been four months, he hopped
up on the bed and gave me a poke with his paw. And things got better
just as fast as they had gone bad. Oddly enough, some of his ways of
showing affection did not return and others took their place. He never
explained any of it, the rascal.

--
Will in New Haven
Old February 24th 09, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Will in New Haven wrote:

Maybe temporarily misplaced. Probably something in his little head is
telling him to act this way and he may well get over it. My pal
Feather (RB) seemed completely alienated from me when he was around
thirty months old. He had been my little buddy for all that time and
suddenly, and I mean suddenly, he didn't like me anymore. I was
devastated but I kept on keeping on. I figured I owed him a home even
if he did avoid me. Then one night, it had been four months, he hopped
up on the bed and gave me a poke with his paw. And things got better
just as fast as they had gone bad. Oddly enough, some of his ways of
showing affection did not return and others took their place. He never
explained any of it, the rascal.

Who knows or can explain the reasons for a feline grudge? Evidently you
did something (or he *thought* you did something) that really upset him.
Or maybe for a while, you smelled funny to him? It's a mystery on the
order of "What happened before the Big Bang?"

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 24th 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
[...]

I think its always a gamble taking in a true feral cat. Very worth
the risk, but there is a risk. None of the three we've had have ever
become really close loving lap cats. They have all had their good
times and bad.

Molly made it clear from the beginning that either we let her out and
hoped she chose to come back, or she would escape forever. She stays
closer home now, but still wants to be allowed out.

I do think the way Quinn is acting, he must have had a bad experience
while out, and its made him skittish all over again. If it involved
another cat or a dog, he won't trust easily for a while.

Jo

Old February 26th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Many thanks for the responses, Quinn is getting a bit like old to me
but still growling and hisspitting at the other cats, still sits
looking out thru the patio door. One interesting change is he won't
eat wet food but will kibble, which tells me that omeone was prolly
feeding him.

Marina, I meant to thank you for your remembering Case when I posted
awhile ago, she was an impossible cat and had a tough life, suffered
greatly before I rescued her and at the end after her stroke, I hope
she finds peace at the RB. Thanks again ,Norm

Quinn takes the plunge Norm[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 March 22nd 07 08:31 AM
Quinn is missing Norm Cat anecdotes 35 February 27th 07 10:00 PM
Quinn alwsys has a surprise for me Norm Cat anecdotes 0 June 16th 06 11:51 AM
Lightning! Quinn! Norm Cat anecdotes 6 July 20th 05 09:49 PM
Quinn 'n Willie - buddies? Norm Cat anecdotes 10 May 23rd 05 06:51 PM