Purrs for a eassy trip to the bridge

Old March 2nd 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Purrs for a eassy trip to the bridge

"Granby" wrote in message
Maggie my son's 9 year old mutt dog is going to go to the bridge tomorrow
morning. She has had 3 rather bad seizures today and can't seem to hear
of see at all and is so confused. She is sleeping on the bed with Mike
and his wife tonight. There aren't emergency vets around here and the vet
tech that would be needed to help doesn't live very close. Please purr
that Maggie has an easy night and a easy trip to the bridge.

Lee requested some help for your granddaughter as she faces this loss. I am
posting some poems (and a link to the original Rainbow Bridge) below. You
would want to read them and make sure they are not too sad for her before
passing them to her

MaryL

*******************************
The original Rainbow Bridge (copy right William N. Britton) may be found
he
http://www.legendofrainbowbridge.com/poem.html

*******************************

Death Is Nothing At All

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you
always used.
Put no difference into your tone...
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed,
Pray...Smile...Think of me...Pray for me...
Let my name be ever the household word that is as it always was, Let it be
spoken without effort, without the ghost of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant, it is the same as it ever was, There is
absolutely unbroken continuity.
What is death but a negligible accident?
Why should I put you out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you for an interval...
Somewhere very near...
Just around the corner, ALL IS WELL.

(Author Unknown)

*******************************

Before I grow too frail and weak,
And all that's left is peace in sleep,
I know you'll do what must be done,
To end this fight that can't be won.

I don't fear death as humans do,
So let me try to comfort you,
Come: let us take a quiet stroll,
And share some quietness soul to soul.

No need for words 'twixt you and I,
No need to say a last good-bye,
We've grown so close in mind and heart,
It seems so cruel that we must part.

Be sure I sense the pain you'll feel,
Without me walking at your heel,
The days will feel full of despair,
Your kitty simply won't be there.

In time the pain will slowly wane,
You'll think of me and smile again,
You'll speak with love and pride of me,
Your extra special kitty.

Now take me where my needs they'll tend,
And stay there with me till the end,
Hold me close with soft good-byes,
'Till life's bright light has left my eyes.

The final sound I need to hear,
Is your soft voice upon my ear.
Your loving face will fade and dim,
As the rush of heaven closes in.

-author unknown

*******************************

Lend Me a Kitten

I will lend to you for a while a kitten, God said.
For you to love while he lives, and mourn when he's dead.

Maybe for twelve or fourteen years, or maybe two or three.
But will you, 'till I call him back, take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you and should his stay be brief, you'll
always have his memories as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught below I want this kitten to learn.

I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true, And from the
folk that crowds life's land I have chosen you.

Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labor vain?
Nor hate me when I come to take my kitten home again?

And my heart replied, "My Lord, Thy Will Be Done."
For all the joys this kitten brings, the risk of grief I'll run.

We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may.
And for the happiness that we've known, forever grateful stay.

But should you call him back much sooner than we planned, We'll brave the
bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.

If by our love we've managed your wishes to achieve, in memory of his sweet
sweet love, please help us while we grieve.

When our cherished kitten departs this world of strife, Please send yet
another needing soul for us to love all his life.

Author Unknown

*******************************
From the Behav+ cats newsgroup, posted some time ago with the message that a
cousin of his wrote this poem to express his feelings about the loss of one
of his cats:

Farewell, My Princess

You did not leave this world unloved--it's all that I could do--
I could not give you back your health or make your body new
So you could play in sun-filled days, your fated life renew;
By eye-to-eye transmitted, I know my love you knew.

You traded freedom for my care--reluctantly at first--
But knew, at last, protection--the end of cold and thirst--
And, paid me back a hundredfold by giving me your trust,
Incredible affection--remember that, I must.

You did not leave this world unmoruned, my tears did freely flow;
And others, in their separate ways, their own concern did show.
So, rest in peace, beloved--your epitaph, I guess,
That love transformed an alley-cat into my fair Princess

--Frank Plautz

*******************************

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day more then the rest
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years
What is to come can hold no fears.
You don't want me to suffer so
The time has come, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend
And please stay with me 'til the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail it's last has moved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years.
Don't let your heart hold back it's tears.

(Author unknown)

*******************************

WEEP NOT FOR ME

Weep not for me though I am gone,
Into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long,
Upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest,
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed,
For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath,
Remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.

..

Old March 2nd 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I will check them out but, a good cry might help too. Thank you so much.
. ..

"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

From the Behav+ cats newsgroup, posted some time ago with the message that
a cousin of his wrote this poem to express his feelings about the loss of
[...]

From pain and suffering I've been saved.

.

Old March 2nd 09, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

MaryL by changing some words, I was able to find something for each of
them. We will each try and read our own tonight, Thank you so much. Will
buy that book about the Rainbow Bridge that was on the site.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
thank you, Lee, MMS
. ..

"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

From the Behav+ cats newsgroup, posted some time ago with the message
that a cousin of his wrote this poem to express his feelings about the
[...]

From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Old March 2nd 09, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Stormmee" wrote in message

I am sorry, call when you get this, Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
Maggie my son's 9 year old mutt dog is going to go to the bridge
tomorrow morning. She has had 3 rather bad seizures today and can't
seem to hear of see at all and is so confused. She is sleeping on
the bed with Mike and his wife tonight. There aren't emergency vets
around here and the vet tech that would be needed to help doesn't
live very close. Please purr that Maggie has an easy night and a
easy trip to the bridge.

Sorry to piggyback.

May Maggie's passing be smooth, and may the breaking hearts find some small
consolation in the knowledge that it was the loving thing to do and that
she'll be in incredibly good company until they see her next.

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old March 2nd 09, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Granby"
Maggie my son's 9 year old mutt dog is going to go to the bridge tomorrow
morning. She has had 3 rather bad seizures today and can't seem to hear
of see at all and is so confused. She is sleeping on the bed with Mike
and his wife tonight. There aren't emergency vets around here and the vet
tech that would be needed to help doesn't live very close. Please purr
that Maggie has an easy night and a easy trip to the bridge.

I am so sorry to hear of this Gramby Purrs and prayers lovingly sent
from our home for Maggie and her family.
Love
Kyla
--very sad

Old March 3rd 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

MaryL, those were beautiful, and I'm having a good cry.
Thank you for posting them/
Love
Kyla

"MaryL" ...

[...]

[...]