OT Daylight Savings Time on the 8th

Old March 5th 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default OT Daylight Savings Time on the 8th

"Stormmee" wrote in
:

got that right.

this is one of my pet peeves, PICK ONE and lets stay with it, Lee

I wish daylight savings time would be either one or the other!!!

Old March 6th 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
You're welcome, everybody, and thanks for not scolding me. It IS
early this year and I wish they'd leave time alone too! I wonder if
the cats notice..hmmmm.
Oh, it's also International Women's Day
Love
Kyla

Not sure. My paper says Internation Women's Day isn't until Sunday.

A cute comic about it at Stone Soup

http://www.gocomics.com/stonesoup

(It would be cuter on another group where we have an ongoing thing
about cake)

Jo

Old March 6th 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

eeiiwwy tootoo early, Lee
"outsider" wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote in
:

Nope; they follow our clock for world update; you wont miss Dan in the
morning.

I have already been in the car for a half hour by that time BTW.

oh man now i have to learn a new tag line to get up to... listen to
bbc, and often get up when he says, its five am in new york and xxx
gmt, Lee "Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Kyla =^..^= wrote:
Hi
I know I'm going to get yelled at again, but I was just talking to
my sister and she told me Daylight Savings Time starts on the 8th,
this week-end, so be sure to set your clocks ahead one hour...please
don't yell at me Jill.
And it's not even Spring yet...yeesh
I didn't realize DSL was going to be this early, but there it is,
right on my calendar.

I'm going through a rough time myself, so 'please' don't anyone yell
at me. This is just a friendly reminder. No harm intended.
Loving purrs to all
Kyla

3 weeks later in Europe.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 6th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I mean how many of us need the extra light to harvest, just decide, we have
electricity now, and pretty much walmart is open 24/7 so just pick one and
help me to not feel the effects of aging by me forgetting to change a clock,
or more importantly to reminding DH to do it, and then one of us forgets
one, and we both freak out because some clock tells us we are late/early,
Lee
"outsider" wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote in
:

Old March 6th 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Jofirey"

"Kyla =^..^="
You're welcome, everybody, and thanks for not scolding me. It IS early
this year and I wish they'd leave time alone too! I wonder if the cats
notice..hmmmm.
Oh, it's also International Women's Day
Love
Kyla

Not sure. My paper says Internation Women's Day isn't until Sunday.

So is Daylight Savings Time...both on Sunday

But DST starts at 2 am Sunday morning so we set the time things, the clocks,
the microwave, our watches, Sat night before we go to bed. some appliances
set the times themselves, like the cable box and the computer.
..
A cute comic about it at Stone Soup

http://www.gocomics.com/stonesoup

(It would be cuter on another group where we have an ongoing thing about
cake)

Jo

Well, we need some cake then ...cute cartoon I love cake.
Chocolate...mmmmmm.
My bithrday is next month and I will get one
Thanks
Kyla

Old March 6th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Mar 5, 5:51*pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
I mean how many of us need the extra light to harvest, just decide, we have
electricity now, and pretty much walmart is open 24/7 so just pick one and
help me to not feel the effects of aging by me forgetting to change a clock,
or more importantly to reminding DH to do it, and then one of us forgets
one, and we both freak out because some clock tells us we are late/early,
Lee

giggle

So you haven't heard the "newest" version. It isn't about farmers and
planting and harvest, it's about conserving energy, that extra hour of
sunlight in the evening means we don't turn on our inside lights and
we "save" that power. Don't know about you all, but I always have at
least one light on, all day and night (yep, it's one of those energy
saving one). My house is very dark inside, even with curtains open.

The person who told me this informed me that it never (seriously, she
said NEVER) had anything to do with farmers, it was forward thinking
conservationists (I'm not kidding) who came up with it to save
electricity.

I prefer "standard" time, always have.

"outsider" wrote in message

"Stormmee" wrote in
:

Old March 6th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

tell your friend that the blind are the best at conserving then, LOL, Lee
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
[...]

"outsider" wrote in message

"Stormmee" wrote in
:

Old March 7th 09, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Kyla =^..^= wrote:
Hi
I know I'm going to get yelled at again, but I was just talking to my
sister and she told me Daylight Savings Time starts on the 8th, this
week-end, so be sure to set your clocks ahead one hour...please don't
yell at me Jill.
And it's not even Spring yet...yeesh
I didn't realize DSL was going to be this early, but there it is,
right on my calendar.

I'm going through a rough time myself, so 'please' don't anyone yell
at me. This is just a friendly reminder. No harm intended.
Loving purrs to all
Kyla

3 weeks later in Europe.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

LOL How the hell could I yell at her? If you folks hadn't replied to her
post I never would have seen this.

Jill

Old March 7th 09, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in
:

I know I'm going to get yelled at again, but I was just talking to my
sister and she told me Daylight Savings Time starts on the 8th, this
week-end, so be sure to set your clocks ahead one hour...please don't
yell at me Jill.

Thanks for the heads-up. The Autumn change isn't so bad (we get to sleep in
an hour) but the Spring one sucks, as we have to get up an hour earlier.

You can see some explanations of why we have DST, and why the government
keeps fooling with it, and my rants against it he

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thr...?threadid=3387