Nighttime stars

Old August 4th 08, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Nighttime stars

I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

Buster wants to be the star of the show, and from outside you can see
him going from window to window, pulling aside blinds and curtains
when necessary. His constantly moving and busy silhouette against the
bright indoor lights makes him a most visible and striking spectacle.
Looking at my house at night is like watching some kind of play, and
you'd swear there are several characters, and not just one actor
playing them all.

In the meantime, Dot is doing her own graceful performance of "Dances
with Moths", hopping on her hind legs as the crickets chirp and
applaud.
Old August 4th 08, 08:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

Buster wants to be the star of the show, and from outside you can
see
him going from window to window, pulling aside blinds and curtains
when necessary. His constantly moving and busy silhouette against
the
bright indoor lights makes him a most visible and striking
spectacle.
Looking at my house at night is like watching some kind of play, and
you'd swear there are several characters, and not just one actor
playing them all.

In the meantime, Dot is doing her own graceful performance of
"Dances
with Moths", hopping on her hind legs as the crickets chirp and
applaud.

Sounds lovely.

Which when I think of it is a silly way of answering. Except for the
crickets, no sound, even imagined, involved.

You created a picture of a lovely evening. Looks lovely would be
closer.

Jo

Old August 5th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Jofirey" wrote:
Sounds lovely.

Which when I think of it is a silly way of answering. Except for the
crickets, no sound, even imagined, involved.

You created a picture of a lovely evening. Looks lovely would be
closer.

My two claim that there's drama in silence. And they can spin their
own worlds. I wonder if there can even be such a thing as an evening
if it weren't for all their hard work, much less a lovely evening.
Old August 4th 08, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Takayuki wrote:
I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

What is this you speak of? Cool summer night? Please explain.

Victor, really not enjoying the heat.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 4th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Aug 4, 6:33�am, Victor Martinez wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

What is this you speak of? Cool summer night? Please explain.

Victor, really not enjoying the heat.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

====================================
You can get your revenge this winter when we're buried under the snow
and its 60 something there. ;o)

Suz&Spicey
Old August 4th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Suz wrote:
You can get your revenge this winter when we're buried under the snow
and its 60 something there. ;o)

Or 80 something... I like to make fun of Tom's sister (she lives in
North Dakota, or as I like to call it, the frozen tundra) when she calls
in January and tells us it's -30 or something like that. I say, yeah,
it's nice and warm here, I think I'll wear shorts today.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 4th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Suz wrote:
You can get your revenge this winter when we're buried under the snow
and its 60 something there. ;o)

Or 80 something... I like to make fun of Tom's sister (she lives in
North Dakota, or as I like to call it, the frozen tundra) when she calls
in January and tells us it's -30 or something like that. I say, yeah, it's
nice and warm here, I think I'll wear shorts today.

I had a couple of close friends from Montana; their constant saying in the
middle of a NYC snowstorm was "You call *this* winter???"
They used to tell me the state motto was "40 Below Keeps Out the Riff Raff."

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 4th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Victor, have you been talking to Peter's brother in Texas? We'll call him in
the middle of winter and he'll say It's getting cold out, I guess I'll have
to put long pants on.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old August 5th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Victor Martinez wrote:
What is this you speak of? Cool summer night? Please explain.

Victor, really not enjoying the heat.

We're getting afternoon thunderstorms these days, which beats down the
heat at night. If it weren't for that, it wouldn't be one of these
dancey frolicky nights, but a flat, stretched out cats night.
Old August 5th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 06:33:39 -0500, Victor Martinez wrote:

Takayuki wrote:
I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

What is this you speak of? Cool summer night? Please explain.

Victor, really not enjoying the heat.

I can agree with you. Nashville, Tennessee has been having highs in the
mid-to-upper-90's for several weeks, with relatively high humidity, and
the larger of my two window air conditioners has died. I am temporarily
having to cool the house with a unit designed to cool only one room. It
is manageable (fortunately, it is in my bedroom window), but most of the
house is staying in the mid-to-upper 80's. The master bedroom is cool,
but about all it does for the rest of the house is to lower the humidity.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from