[OT] I'm In Shock!

Old April 14th 05, 02:06 AM
CatNipped

Default [OT] I'm In Shock!

We just got back from H&R Block. We owe *FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS*
to the IRS! thud

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old April 14th 05, 02:11 AM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
We just got back from H&R Block. We owe *FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED
DOLLARS* to the IRS! thud

Oh, that SUCKS! Mega purrs from Persia, gentle birdie chirps from Peaches
and my version of prayers for you.

Jill (doesn't want to think about next years taxes since she's been dipping
into her IRA - granted, article 590 says I can in my circumstances but they
will find a way to screw me)

Old April 14th 05, 02:17 AM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
CatNipped wrote:
We just got back from H&R Block. We owe *FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED
DOLLARS* to the IRS! thud

Oh, that SUCKS! Mega purrs from Persia, gentle birdie chirps from Peaches
and my version of prayers for you.

Jill (doesn't want to think about next years taxes since she's been

dipping
into her IRA - granted, article 590 says I can in my circumstances but

they
will find a way to screw me)

That's what killed us. We had huge credit card bills so we figured we'd get
some money out of the IRA to pay them off and save all those interest
charges. So we got $26,000 out and held out almost $6,000 for taxes for
that. But on *TOP* of that the IRS charged us a $2,600 penalty!!!! The
freaking government is charging us for using our own freaking
money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 14th 05, 02:21 AM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
CatNipped wrote:
We just got back from H&R Block. We owe *FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED
DOLLARS* to the IRS! thud

Oh, that SUCKS! Mega purrs from Persia, gentle birdie chirps from
Peaches and my version of prayers for you.

Jill (doesn't want to think about next years taxes since she's been
dipping into her IRA - granted, article 590 says I can in my
circumstances but they will find a way to screw me)

That's what killed us. We had huge credit card bills so we figured
we'd get some money out of the IRA to pay them off and save all those
interest charges. So we got $26,000 out and held out almost $6,000
for taxes for that. But on *TOP* of that the IRS charged us a $2,600
penalty!!!! The freaking government is charging us for using our own
freaking money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Yeah, BUT, IRA's are funds set aside pre-taxes. When I got my partial
distributions I had them withhold tax. I also talked with my tax advisor
AND with an IRS Rep. I'm unemployed, my sole income is ME and I have
medical expenses so I allegedly qualify for partial distributions without
the penalty for early withdrawal. We shall see next year.

I'm still sorry to hear you got hit so hard. That sucks. They really
shouldn't tax retirement savings, IMHO.

Jill

Old April 14th 05, 02:28 AM
Karen

in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 4/13/05 8:06 PM:

We just got back from H&R Block. We owe *FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS*
to the IRS! thud

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

I hear you. I'm going with a payment plan.

Old April 14th 05, 02:32 AM
CatNipped

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 4/13/05 8:06 PM:

We just got back from H&R Block. We owe *FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED

DOLLARS*
to the IRS! thud

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

I hear you. I'm going with a payment plan.

We're going to try to get a signature loan from my credit union - it would
probably be *way* less interest (and penalties) than the IRS will charge.
It's just so ironic that what we did to get us out of debt is ending up
putting us back *in* debt! sigh

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 14th 05, 02:35 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:17:18 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Jill (doesn't want to think about next years taxes since she's been

dipping
into her IRA - granted, article 590 says I can in my circumstances but

they
will find a way to screw me)

That's what killed us. We had huge credit card bills so we figured we'd get
some money out of the IRA to pay them off and save all those interest
charges. So we got $26,000 out and held out almost $6,000 for taxes for
that. But on *TOP* of that the IRS charged us a $2,600 penalty!!!! The
freaking government is charging us for using our own freaking
money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Makes me glad I'm having them hold 10% for the early withdrawal
penalty and another 15% for taxes whenever I've dipped into my
IRA/401K. Good old Infernal Revenue Service.

The only good thing about April 15 is that it's a certain someone's
purrday.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old April 14th 05, 02:43 AM
CatNipped

wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Jill (doesn't want to think about next years taxes since she's been

dipping
into her IRA - granted, article 590 says I can in my circumstances but

they
will find a way to screw me)

That's what killed us. We had huge credit card bills so we figured we'd

get
some money out of the IRA to pay them off and save all those interest
charges. So we got $26,000 out and held out almost $6,000 for taxes for
that. But on *TOP* of that the IRS charged us a $2,600 penalty!!!! The
freaking government is charging us for using our own freaking
money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Makes me glad I'm having them hold 10% for the early withdrawal
penalty and another 15% for taxes whenever I've dipped into my
IRA/401K. Good old Infernal Revenue Service.

But that's what we withheld - 26%. And they charged us $2,600 on *top* of
that!

The only good thing about April 15 is that it's a certain someone's
purrday.

Happy purrday!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 14th 05, 02:50 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:43:41 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
.. .

The only good thing about April 15 is that it's a certain someone's
purrday.

Happy purrday!

Not mine! That's not for a while yet.

But I'll be sure to let you all know to whom the appropriate greetings
may be directed when the day comes around ^.^