Strangers on the porch

Old February 8th 07, 08:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Strangers on the porch

Eli's been at the front window howling and hissing. Two neighbor kitties
have decided that our front porch is a cool place to hang out. One of them
is a short-haired mackerel tabby, the other is a short-haired tuxie. Both
are quite young, maybe 5-6 months, and live at two different houses. The
tuxie has a pink nose and white whiskers.

I find it odd that only Eli seems to care that there are strange cats out
there. Everyone else has also been watching with curiousity but no
hostility.

I really wish the neighbors would keep their kitties indoors, as the traffic
on the streets around here moves very fast. I would hate to find either of
these little ones dead in the street.

Old February 9th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Pat wrote:
I really wish the neighbors would keep their kitties indoors, as the
traffic on the streets around here moves very fast. I would hate to
find either of these little ones dead in the street.

Purrs that the neighbors get some sense. I'm not going to start that
indoor-outdoor debate but some places aren't good for them to roam. I live
on a busy street corner and I've practically been run off the road by people
in a car just slowing down to turn into my driveway. So imagine the poor
cats!

But she just lets them run loose and claims they escape when she opens the
door. Uh, no, I don't think so, considering I've seen her let them out.
I'm pretty sure Spotty was a kitten that belonged to one of her unspayed
females. Thankfully I was able to get Spotty neutered and rehomed. For all
I know Persia showed up from this cat farm she seems to have going across
the street.

Purrs for the strays and for Eli. Persia hates cats on my patio, too.

How's your cold? Sinus infection, whatever it may be? Purrs for your
sniffling, snuffling, sneezing, etc.

Jill

Old February 9th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote

How's your cold? Sinus infection, whatever it may be? Purrs for your
sniffling, snuffling, sneezing, etc.

I'm almost OK. This has been the strangest non-cold/flu. There has been
virtually no sniffling, sneezing, sinus involvement; absolutely no digestive
involvement; next to no fever.

Old February 9th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Pat" wrote:
Eli's been at the front window howling and hissing. Two neighbor kitties
have decided that our front porch is a cool place to hang out. One of them
is a short-haired mackerel tabby, the other is a short-haired tuxie. Both
are quite young, maybe 5-6 months, and live at two different houses. The
tuxie has a pink nose and white whiskers.

I find it odd that only Eli seems to care that there are strange cats out
there. Everyone else has also been watching with curiousity but no
hostility.

I really wish the neighbors would keep their kitties indoors, as the traffic
on the streets around here moves very fast. I would hate to find either of
these little ones dead in the street.

They sound quite adorable. I'd be worried about them too, but I can't
help thinking it's wonderful that they found each other.