KFC

Old June 27th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default KFC

There is not much improvement. She eats a tablespoon of roast chicken per
day, that is all, so gets frailer and frailer. She will not entertain any
other food.
I am not happy that the vet has not addressed her diarrhoea problems since
she was kidnapped, she had perfect poo until then, it's obvious to me that
if her bowels keep contracting she will not want to eat.
I have to clean up and scrub my carpets every day, I do not mind that she is
taken short before she can get to the litter box. I expect it.
She is bright, so bright and cheerful that I really do think I can keep her
going for a bit longer. I'd like her to have one more summer, but the
summer I wanted for her was outside, basking, and now I am too afraid to let
her out -(
I need to think.

Old June 27th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
There is not much improvement. She eats a tablespoon of roast chicken per
day, that is all, so gets frailer and frailer. She will not entertain any
other food.
I am not happy that the vet has not addressed her diarrhoea problems since
she was kidnapped, she had perfect poo until then, it's obvious to me that
if her bowels keep contracting she will not want to eat.
I have to clean up and scrub my carpets every day, I do not mind that she
is taken short before she can get to the litter box. I expect it.
She is bright, so bright and cheerful that I really do think I can keep
her going for a bit longer. I'd like her to have one more summer, but the
summer I wanted for her was outside, basking, and now I am too afraid to
let her out -(
I need to think.

((((((((Christina)))))))))

Joy

Old June 27th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
There is not much improvement. She eats a tablespoon of roast chicken per
day, that is all, so gets frailer and frailer. She will not entertain any
other food.
I am not happy that the vet has not addressed her diarrhoea problems since
she was kidnapped, she had perfect poo until then, it's obvious to me that
if her bowels keep contracting she will not want to eat.
I have to clean up and scrub my carpets every day, I do not mind that she
is taken short before she can get to the litter box. I expect it.
She is bright, so bright and cheerful that I really do think I can keep
her going for a bit longer. I'd like her to have one more summer, but the
summer I wanted for her was outside, basking, and now I am too afraid to
let her out -(
I need to think.

Years ago, I had a cat that had CRF and liver disease. She had a continual
problem with diarrhea -- and that, of course, can quickly lead to
dehydration. My vet suggested that I try Immodium AD (pills). I had to
*carefully* shave them down to make a pill about the size of a BB. That was
not an easy task since they are small to begin with, but I eventually got
good enough at it that I could make 3 or 4 kitty pills out of one Immodium,
and that treatment helped *immensely.* Also, is KFC getting any fluids
(Ringer's lactate)? If not, I think that would be in order. Your vet can
do it, but you can also learn to administer it at home (which is much
cheaper and would relieve KFC of the stress of making constant visits to the
vet). I apologize for not knowing, but I haven't read all of your messages.

MaryL

Old June 27th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I talked to my vet about KFC just because I think she is so great. He
thinks the poo problem, as you call it, is more nerves than anything else.
If she is confused, like people that can cause her system to mess up. Poor
baby, I also know how hard this is for you.

Old June 27th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote

| Years ago, I had a cat that had CRF and liver disease. She had a
continual
| problem with diarrhea -- and that, of course, can quickly lead to
| dehydration. My vet suggested that I try Immodium AD (pills). I had to
| *carefully* shave them down to make a pill about the size of a BB.

Immodium for the short term, and most vets have a paste they can give you
which has cat-specific probiotics in it, to help balance the intestinal
flora and cure the runs naturally.

Old June 27th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Also, is KFC getting any fluids
(Ringer's lactate)? If not, I think that would be in order. Your vet can
do it, but you can also learn to administer it at home (which is much
cheaper and would relieve KFC of the stress of making constant visits to the
vet). I apologize for not knowing, but I haven't read all of your messages.

I think the vet said not to give fluids. For some reason, it's not easily
available in the UK, for pet owners to bring home and administer themselves.
I think I remember Adrian saying it was illegal. I don't understand why.

It's readily available in the US, and while not dirt cheap, I don't think
it's overly expensive either. And it's saved many a kitty's life.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 27th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Tell your vet that Kitty does not have "nerves" and that its the most
stupid thing I ever heard a vet say in my life.
She is ill. She has chronic kidney failure, she was fed stupid food by a
neighbour, which may well be the death of her since we cannot resolve her
diarrhoea and get her eating again. One thing she *does* not have is
nerves.
I would find another vet if I were you if that's the best they can do.

Kitty never has "nerves" she has always been a brave cat.
Now, Boyfie has nerves sometimes, but he is a totally different kettle of
fish.

I talked to my vet about KFC just because I think she is so great. He
thinks the poo problem, as you call it, is more nerves than anything
else. If she is confused, like people that can cause her system to
mess up. Poor baby, I also know how hard this is for you.
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

Old June 27th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

[...]

We are purring with all our might for you.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 27th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

Also, is KFC getting any fluids
(Ringer's lactate)? If not, I think that would be in order. Your
vet can do it, but you can also learn to administer it at home
(which is much cheaper and would relieve KFC of the stress of making
constant visits to the vet). I apologize for not knowing, but I
haven't read all of your messages.

I think the vet said not to give fluids. For some reason, it's not
easily available in the UK, for pet owners to bring home and
administer themselves. I think I remember Adrian saying it was
illegal. I don't understand why.

It's readily available in the US, and while not dirt cheap, I don't
think it's overly expensive either. And it's saved many a kitty's
life.

We cannot adminster fluids ourselves here. One go at them cost me nearly
$500 at the vets and quite rightly he is advising me against doing it again
to get a few weeks.
To be honest, even if it was legal to do it here I would need a team of 3 or
4 which I haven't.
Kitty is getting palliative care, until it gets too much.
It does not help me to suggest "we can do this in America"
I feel bad enough that I can't do any more.

Tweed