horse spittal

Old June 30th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`

Default horse spittal/walkers

Sorry about the twice post...must be the heat...

"wafflycat"

I asked for one with go-faster stripes & a paint jobbie of a black
background with red flames. Alas the basic metal one was what was
provided.. shame really ;-) It pretty much looks like this

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/pre...0/50313297.JPG

I saw that..

I would like to point out that the person in the photo is not my
husband...

LOL..the piccy I saw was a woman...right?

This is what mine looks like, IF I have the right link.
http://www.northshorecare.com/rollators1.html

Rolling walker (4 wheels) with a basket, padded seat & back rest and hand
grip brakes, folds to fit in a vehicle.

I love it. Mine is red, and I added a briing briiiiing bicycle bell to
the left handle, so when/if I go out, and someone won't get out of my way,
I use the 'bell'.
The cats 'love' to ride on the seat .

Wish I didn't have to use it, but oh well. The advert price was about $150,
but DH got it for me about 6 months ago for under $100 including S&H.
BYW, I read how Vernon injured himself....LOL, not really funny but I can so
totally relate. A LOT of years ago, I was cleaning house, dancing around to
some kind of dancy music I can't recall, next thing I knew I had a pressure
fracture in my left foot.
Geez....
Puuuuuuuuuuuuuurrs
Kyla
who also uses the word 'horse-pittal' G

Old June 30th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`

Default horse spittal

bastXXXet
wafflycat
Purrs for Vernon to have a full recovery. Did he injure cycling?

Vernon put some music on loud in the living room and decided that whilst
doing a post of tidying, he could improvise as regards a bit of
exercise. So
there was my bloke strutting his funky stuff to Elton John 'Saturday
Night's
All Right For Fighting' and not being 25 anymore and trying to shake his
tail feathers faster than Anode & Cathode, he snapped his achilles
tendon.

LOL!! That happened to me a number of years ago. I got my injury from
salsa dancing, and becoming just a bit overconfident. Pulled a tendon in
my pelvic area, which took months to heal, although it was very painful
for only a few days.

OWCH!!! That HAD to hurt.

But yes, I felt like the typical middle-aged office
worker, trying to show off how I still had it, and ending up in the
bathroom with an ice pack.

The things we do.......

Then hopping about on his other foot to get to the phone to call me, he
strained his other leg, calf/ankle area

Oh, dear! "Note to self: stop moving."

Same here

Doesn't exactly have the kudos of "I broke my ankle skydiving" ;-)

It seems that most injuries don't. My worst back problems all have
enthralling stories such as, "I was reaching for a pot of coffee when
my back went out."

I was picking up my 23 lb cat Pookie and my back went out

*points finger and laughs at spouse* ;-)

Pointing and laughing is an important prerogative of marriage.

I wish,,,we dont go to bed until I get at least ONE laff out of DH.
DH is going thru a 'poor me' stage, since his career got outsourced ro
India in 2001, and I keep trying to tell him, it's NOT his fault. Over
70,000 people lost their high tech jobs in 2001 in Wash State alone. (a bad
year for lots of reasons) and I do all I can for him, but I just want to
scream.
but nevermind......
BTW, Bill Gates left Microsoft yesterday
HUG
HUG
Kyla
Joyce, please send me an e-mail to

You too wafflycat..
Kyla

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

Old June 30th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

wrote in message

PS - I *don't* know what a zimmer frame is.

A Zimmer frame is what we in the U.S. would usually call a "walker." I
think some have additional mobility aids attached.

Ah, it must be a brand name.

I'm I'll find out soon enough just what kinds of walkers there are!

Old June 30th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:

Just spent the day at horse spittal. Vernon has snapped his achilles
tendon in his left foot and done some sort of strain of his right foot.

Ouch! Many purrs on the way for Vernon's paws.

Old June 30th 08, 11:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wafflycat wrote:
B*gg*r.

Just spent the day at horse spittal. Vernon has snapped his achilles
tendon in his left foot and done some sort of strain of his right
foot.
He is now at home with a temporary cast on his left foot and using a
'zimmer frame' to walk. Currently he is on the sofa with his feet
*up* having a much-needed snooze.

I've got to get him back to horse spittal on Tuesday morning, first
thing, to attend fracture clinic to see What Happens Next.

B*gg*r.

And there I am imagining something strange and perhaps unfortunate in a
slap-stick comedy sort of way event involving a feline / equine saliva
interaction.

Purrs to Vernon and his poor ankles.

Yowie

Old June 30th 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Jun 29, 10:57�am, "Adrian" wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
B*gg*r.

Just spent the day at horse spittal. Vernon has snapped his achilles
tendon in his left foot and done some sort of strain of his right
foot.
He is now at home with a temporary cast on his left foot and using a
'zimmer frame' to walk. Currently he is on the sofa with his feet
*up* having a much-needed snooze.

I've got to get him back to horse spittal on Tuesday morning, first
thing, to attend fracture clinic to see What Happens Next.

B*gg*r.

Purrs on the way for Vernon and his long suffering carer.
Cats leave pawprints on your hearthttp://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

Purrs for Vernon's tendon.
Suz&Spicey
Old June 30th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Me too. I wondered if there was going to be horse feathers also at Chez
Simmons! Purrs for Vernon's fast recovery.
Charleen

"Yowie" wrote in message
B*gg*r.

Old July 1st 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

wafflycat wrote:
B*gg*r.

Just spent the day at horse spittal. Vernon has snapped his achilles
tendon in his left foot and done some sort of strain of his right foot.

He is now at home with a temporary cast on his left foot and using a
'zimmer frame' to walk. Currently he is on the sofa with his feet *up*
having a much-needed snooze.

I've got to get him back to horse spittal on Tuesday morning, first
thing, to attend fracture clinic to see What Happens Next.

B*gg*r.

Ouch! Purrs for Vernon to heal quickly. And purrs for the resident nurse!

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 1st 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

wafflycat wrote:
B*gg*r.

Just spent the day at horse spittal. Vernon has snapped his achilles
tendon in his left foot and done some sort of strain of his right foot.

He is now at home with a temporary cast on his left foot and using a
'zimmer frame' to walk. Currently he is on the sofa with his feet *up*
having a much-needed snooze.

I've got to get him back to horse spittal on Tuesday morning, first
thing, to attend fracture clinic to see What Happens Next.

B*gg*r.

Lots and lots of healing purrs,
Polonca and Soncek