Happy Easter Everyone!

Old April 11th 04, 02:00 AM
Kajikit

Default Happy Easter Everyone!

I hope that everyone who celebrates Easter is having a good weekend...
and that everyone else is having a good weekend too! Not too much
chocolate remember... I've attached a little something for you

I've done a pile more work on Kajikit's Corner this month, and added
an extra photo album section for my papercrafts. I haven't uploaded
any of my scrapbook pages as yet (but one day I will) so for now I
have pages for all the greeting cards I made last year, and one for
items I have made for swaps... This isn't everything I've made, but
it's most of it... and there won't be anything more to add for awhile,
because I've had to give up swapping with anyone outside Australia for
the rest of the year (read on to find out why)
http://www.jagcon.com/kajikitscorner...percrafts.html
If you want to see my scrapbook stuff, I have two online galleries
which are linked to that page. The Scrapjazz Gallery is more complete,
but Memory Makin' Divas draws more comments from viewers...

We got some exciting news the other day. John rang me up at 8am to
tell me that he had finally received another letter from the
Immigration people and he is approved! So now it's my turn, and my
paperwork is on its way to Australia. Once it gets here I'll have to
fill out some more forms, have a medical and police check, and then
lastly have an interview at the Sydney Consulate. It was a bit of a
shock to discover that I'll have to go to Sydney - I just assumed that
the consulate here in Melbourne would do it, but Immigrant Visas are
ONLY done through Sydney. I guess I should be glad I live in Melbourne
and not Darwin, far North Queensland, or Perth, because I'd STILL have
to fly to Sydney and it would cost a heck of a lot more.
The remaining part of the visa-getting process SHOULD be a lot quicker
than the first half - my major problem will be affording all the bits
and pieces I have to pay for at fairly short notice... After waiting
around patiently for four years for the time to be right, it feels
rather strange to be thinking that I may have my visa within three
months (if all goes well, and I can pass the medical, pay for
everything, and show them enough convincing evidence of our
realationship... (lol - that was a typo but it's appropriate
I started working on scrapbooking my 'evidence' last night... I figure
it's worth doing anyway I'm a bit worried because most of our
communication is verbal and there's no record of it. I can't show them
phone bills because John always phones ME, and he's not a
letter-writing type person, and a lot of our electronic communication
was lost when my last computer suddenly died... I'm desperately hoping
that what we DO have is enough. (actually, I'm pretty sure it is...
but my anxiety is kicking in and making me worry about
worst-case-scenarios!) This didn't really seem REAL until we got the
letter, and now it is... unmistakably so. We planned our wedding twice
over during the first three years, but then we kind of gave up and
settled into our amorphous long-distance relationship without any real
certainty that it was ever going to change. We had each other and we
had the phone and that had to be enough. And now there is a set
timeframe for us to look at again and this time it's for real and not
just our overeager anticipation. So we have to adjust all over again -
we are not waiting for an unspecified length of time for an uncertain
process with an uncertain result at the end... This is for real and
this is for ever and this will be happening SOON! Ack!!!!!!!!! I'm
excited and impatient and scared and terrified all at once - I hate to
think how I'll feel once they finally give me my magic brown envelope
and stamp that visa into my passport!

For those who want the real timeframe, from here on in it SHOULD take
about three months to get to the interview in Sydney (one month to get
the paperwork, one month to gather the papers I need, and a one-month
wait for the interview after I return it). When I get the visa it's
valid for six months from the date of issue, so I have that long to
get ready to move, and ninety days after I get there to get married.
John is tentatively looking at organising our wedding for February -
specifically Valentine's Day! It's funny - once upon a time in another
lifetimes we started trying to arrange our wedding for Valentine's Day
2001, because we had no idea of how long and drawnout the whole
process would be... At this point I don't really care when or where it
is. It's just a piece of paper. Inside our heads we've already been
married for four years, because we committed ourselves to each other
until Death Do Us Part, for Better or Worse on the day I accepted his
proposal (August 10, 2000). The wedding once I get to the USA will
just be a formality required to make it official. It won't make me
feel any more like Karen Gory than I already do

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

Here kitty kitty kitty... visit http://www.catslaves.org!

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Old April 11th 04, 02:15 AM
Yoj

Your message is long, and I know not everyone gets all posts, so I'm
leaving it here for those who didn't see it, and posting at the top.

Congratulations, and an advance welcome to America! I hope things
proceed smoothly from now it. You two have really had a time of it.
I'm glad things are finally going your way.

Where in the U.S. will you be living?

Joy

Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap:

Ample Aussies Mailing List:

Old April 11th 04, 06:58 AM
LOL

Kajikit wrote in message . ..
I hope that everyone who celebrates Easter is having a good weekend...
and that everyone else is having a good weekend too! Not too much
chocolate remember... I've attached a little something for you

(snipped for length)

Happy Easter and !!!CONGRATULATIONS!!! on the progress. I am already
looking forward to some wedding pics. :-)

------
Krista

Old April 11th 04, 11:47 AM
polonca12000

Happy Easter!
Lots of purrs and best wishes all the paperwork gets sorted out soon for
John and you,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

lastly have an interview at the Sydney Consulate. snip

Old April 11th 04, 09:32 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:00:38 +1000, Kajikit
wrote:

I hope that everyone who celebrates Easter is having a good weekend...
and that everyone else is having a good weekend too! Not too much
chocolate remember... I've attached a little something for you

snip
is. It's just a piece of paper. Inside our heads we've already been
married for four years, because we committed ourselves to each other
until Death Do Us Part, for Better or Worse on the day I accepted his
proposal (August 10, 2000). The wedding once I get to the USA will
just be a formality required to make it official. It won't make me
feel any more like Karen Gory than I already do

Purrs that the process goes as smoothly - and quickly - as possible
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old April 12th 04, 03:04 AM
Takayuki

Kajikit wrote:

The wedding once I get to the USA will
just be a formality required to make it official. It won't make me
feel any more like Karen Gory than I already do

That sums it up nicely! I know exactly how you feel.

Easter Bilby badwilson Cat anecdotes 10 March 30th 04 07:50 PM
Happy purrday to Dyna kitty Tanada Cat anecdotes 1 August 27th 03 08:19 PM