I saw the Mouser!!!

Old June 8th 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default I saw the Mouser!!!

On June 4 (a Wednesday) the Mouser was sighted in *downtown*
Bloomington, when a flash flood came through the streets and businesses,
but the water did not get more than a few feet deep, and people did not
need rescuing, although they did help these people from their vehicles
(I used to live not 4 blocks from this area)
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/hto...70f659b742.jpg

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/hto...a99e2467aa.jpg
this pictures is just of an area 1 block east of the Indiana University
campus, and was taken just after the Mouser sailed through seeking any
who requested help.

and these people followed the mouser to higher ground, they seemed to
enjoy the oddity of the situation (a landlocked city in a landlocked
state getting inundated with WATER)
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/hto...7a06a7d742.jpg

this picture is of the 3rd street & Hwy 46 bypass, right near the
College Mall (only mall in town, besides strip malls)
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/hto...4214158fd1.jpg

A friend and I left Bloomington at 7am yesterday morning, to attend a
function at the Indiana State Museum in Indianapolis, with us were her
two dogs, a cat, tow rats and a ferret. Half way between Bloomington &
Martinsville, we came upon torrential downpours (more than once). We
did not get much further north than Martinsville. We were waiting our
“turn” to try to go through some high water on the northbound lane, and
looked to our right and watched the water get higher… so we decided to
turn back. Tried a few different routes – 44 by Martinsville and 46 (to
get to 65) here in Bloomington, but not 67, as that is right next to the
river, so we knew THAT would not be passable… but after a few phone
calls and listening to radio reports, turned back home. When we turned
around on 37 and got to 44, we saw a fire truck turn south onto 37.
After giving up on 44 and running into more high water, then going back
to 37 and heading south, we passed the fire truck blocking off
northbound 37. As we passed the commercial district we saw the Ford
dealership had almost all of his inventory no less than bumper deep in
water. Saw he Walgreen's manager standing at the door as we drove passed
heading south, with a not-very-pleasant look on his face as he watched
the water filling the parking lot and creeping toward the building.

However, and I have not told this to anyone, but I believe I saw the
Mouser and crew floating along side the highway yesterday, rescuing
humans and critters alike and bringing them to high ground. I was such
a sight to see the kitty mariners sailing along side human rescue
agencies in their powered skiffs and airboats, bringing those whose
homes (or just their vehicles) were inundated by the flooding waters. It
made my heart soar with pride to know that these kitties (and
accompanying humans) would take time from their "vacation" to help those
in need.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/hto...43bb01a665.jpg
is what the area looked like several hours after my friend and I drove
through. The aforementioned Walgreen's is the white-roofed building
just under the center of the picture, near the dry part of the highway.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/hto...fe381333a0.jpg
in this picture, the large blue-roofed building (up to it's eaves in
water) in the lower right is an elementary school

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/hto...9ab59c5dc7.jpg
lower right in this picture is a new car dealership (whom I hope had
insurance for water damage on his inventory)

I might add that none of these pictures were taken by me, and are the
"property" of our local newspaper (I have just incorporated them into my
"story")

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old June 8th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
On June 4 (a Wednesday) the Mouser was sighted in *downtown* Bloomington,
when a flash flood came through the streets and businesses, but the water
did not get more than a few feet deep, and people did not need rescuing,
although they did help these people from their vehicles

What can I say? We try to help out whenever possible. Some of those humans
were so stupid and didn't want to leave their houses. We had to send in the
marines.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq

Old June 8th 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

[...]

That's wild, Nancy. I wish it were my imagination, but there's more crazy
weather in more crazy places. We are purring that your town dries out
quickly- flood damage is so wide-ranging and insidious.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 9th 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

On Jun 8, 12:51 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in ...

On June 4 (a Wednesday) the Mouser was sighted in *downtown* Bloomington,
when a flash flood came through the streets and businesses, but the water
did not get more than a few feet deep, and people did not need rescuing,
although they did help these people from their vehicles

What can I say? We try to help out whenever possible. Some of those humans
were so stupid and didn't want to leave their houses. We had to send in the
marines.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq

I was there! I was there! I rescued a bunch of babycats! I carried
them to safety by the scruffs of their necks!

Miss Tina Marie
Maine Coon Patrol Class Of 2008
Mouser Marine Corps
Old June 9th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^. .^=`[_2_]

"Debby Hanoka" ...
On Jun 8, 12:51 pm, "tanadashoes" :
"Magic Mood Jeep ©" ...

On June 4 (a Wednesday) the Mouser was sighted in *downtown*
Bloomington,
when a flash flood came through the streets and businesses, but the
water
did not get more than a few feet deep, and people did not need rescuing,
although they did help these people from their vehicles

What can I say? We try to help out whenever possible. Some of those
humans
were so stupid and didn't want to leave their houses. We had to send in
the
marines.

Bless the Marines Better to be 'here' helping folks than 'over there'
fighting in that crap of a war.
Well, if a disaster happened, I'd rather be stuck at home than die on a
crowded freeway, but that's just me. Where we live we have 4 active but
dormant volcanos.
I can see Mt Rainier from my livingroom window. It blows, Seattle's toast.
Mt Saint Helens is about 350 miles from us. Boy, I remember when it blew
back in 1980. May 18 IIRC. And they're finding more earthquake faults in
Washington State too. And yesterday, we had funnel alerts here too...geez,
the weather is wierder and wierder all the time.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq

I was there! I was there! I rescued a bunch of babycats! I carried
them to safety by the scruffs of their necks!

Good for you Bless your heart. You are very brave.

Miss Tina Marie
Maine Coon Patrol Class Of 2008
Mouser Marine Corps

Hugs
Kyla and Mosey

Evangeline is a Mouser T Cat health & behaviour 3 January 20th 07 09:33 PM
need a mouser Glitter Ninja Cat health & behaviour 3 May 24th 05 09:07 PM
Rigging The Mouser O J Cat anecdotes 3 May 5th 05 01:16 AM
Kittens on the Mouser Mischief Cat anecdotes 25 April 30th 05 03:05 AM
Tour of the Mouser Mischief Cat anecdotes 0 April 17th 05 11:03 PM