Fibromyalgia [OT]

Old August 4th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default Fibromyalgia [OT]

I've always suspected, but finally, last week, I got the diagnosis.

I'm supposed to exercise an hour a day (say WHAT????? Not with THIS
ankle, dude!) and double my Neurontin at night for two weeks, then
triple it if I am not doing better (which I am not, at the almost
one-week mark).

I don't know much about the disease; what I've read is pretty confusing.

Anybody else here have it and want to share a bit about it?

Thanks,

Ginger-lyn

Mess Extraordinare
Old August 4th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
I've always suspected, but finally, last week, I got the diagnosis.

I'm supposed to exercise an hour a day (say WHAT????? Not with THIS
ankle, dude!) and double my Neurontin at night for two weeks, then triple
it if I am not doing better (which I am not, at the almost one-week mark).

I don't know much about the disease; what I've read is pretty confusing.

Anybody else here have it and want to share a bit about it?

Thanks,

Ginger-lyn

Mess Extraordinare

I have it. And so does Annie ("Smokie Darling"). What did you want to
know? I could write pages about it, but it helps if you have a more
specific request.

BTW, they had me on Neurontin and Effexor - neither helped in the slightest
bit. The only thing that really helps is being able to get as much
*restful* sleep as possible (if you can, go have a sleep study done). I
take 2 Ambien and 3 Flexeril at night and still don't get an undisturbed
night's sleep.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 4th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"Ginger-lyn" ...
I've always suspected, but finally, last week, I got the diagnosis.

Oh no...I'm sorry to hear that .

I'm supposed to exercise an hour a day (say WHAT????? Not with THIS
ankle, dude!) and double my Neurontin at night for two weeks, then triple
it if I am not doing better (which I am not, at the almost one-week mark).

I don't know much about the disease; what I've read is pretty confusing.

Anybody else here have it and want to share a bit about it?

Thanks,

Ginger-lyn

Mess Extraordinare

I don't know much about it either, but a couple of others here have it,
and they may be able to help you.
BIG (but gentle) HUG and prayers for strength for all what you're going
through.
Love
Kyla

Old August 4th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 4, 1:23*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message

I've always suspected, but finally, last week, I got the diagnosis.

I'm supposed to exercise an hour a day (say WHAT????? *Not with THIS
ankle, dude!) and double my Neurontin at night for two weeks, then triple
it if I am not doing better (which I am not, at the almost one-week mark).

I don't know much about the disease; what I've read is pretty confusing..

Anybody else here have it and want to share a bit about it?

You are supposed to avoid stressful and emotional situations (so,
um... the new cat thing... not a good idea, but I *totally*
understand). ;-)

Thanks,

Ginger-lyn

Mess Extraordinare

I have it. *And so does Annie ("Smokie Darling"). *What did you want to
know? *I could write pages about it, but it helps if you have a more
specific request.

Yep, ditto. I'm awfully sorry you both have it. It completely
sucks. I'm managing with Ambien and Flexeril. Not great, but I'm
managing.

BTW, they had me on Neurontin and Effexor - neither helped in the slightest
bit. *The only thing that really helps is being able to get as much
*restful* sleep as possible (if you can, go have a sleep study done).

Yeah, let's see... they told me I don't fall into REM sleep. Ever.
Hmmm, like *I* didn't know that snicker. Sorry.

*I
take 2 Ambien and 3 Flexeril at night and still don't get an undisturbed
night's sleep.

There is a board called Fibromyalgia Tenderness, (I suggest avoiding
the alt.med.fibro group at all costs - they degenerate into flame wars
about every other week, seems to be in one now I think) that has lots
of suggestions, but most will tell you that a full night's sleep is
probably a thing of the past.

I hope you find something that helps, some have had good results with
reduced gluten (wheat) intake. Neurontin didn't work for me either,
but there are quite a few that it works well for so don't give up.
You may not see a result for a couple months, but it could work.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old August 4th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message

I've always suspected, but finally, last week, I got the diagnosis.

I'm supposed to exercise an hour a day (say WHAT????? Not with THIS
ankle, dude!) and double my Neurontin at night for two weeks, then
triple
it if I am not doing better (which I am not, at the almost one-week
mark).

I don't know much about the disease; what I've read is pretty confusing.

Anybody else here have it and want to share a bit about it?

You are supposed to avoid stressful and emotional situations (so,
um... the new cat thing... not a good idea, but I *totally*
understand). ;-)

LOL about the cat!

Yeah, Ginger-lyn is in *such* a stressful place right now I'm surprised she
can function at all!

Thanks,

Ginger-lyn

Mess Extraordinare

I have it. And so does Annie ("Smokie Darling"). What did you want to
know? I could write pages about it, but it helps if you have a more
specific request.

Yep, ditto. I'm awfully sorry you both have it. It completely
sucks. I'm managing with Ambien and Flexeril. Not great, but I'm
managing.

Same here.

BTW, they had me on Neurontin and Effexor - neither helped in the
slightest
bit. The only thing that really helps is being able to get as much
*restful* sleep as possible (if you can, go have a sleep study done).

Yeah, let's see... they told me I don't fall into REM sleep. Ever.
Hmmm, like *I* didn't know that snicker. Sorry.

ROFLMAO! When I went for my sleep study all they found out was that I could
lay in a darkened, quiet room for 8 hours through the night and not sleep!
; And that was *with* the Ambien!!

take 2 Ambien and 3 Flexeril at night and still don't get an undisturbed
night's sleep.

There is a board called Fibromyalgia Tenderness, (I suggest avoiding
the alt.med.fibro group at all costs - they degenerate into flame wars
about every other week, seems to be in one now I think) that has lots
of suggestions, but most will tell you that a full night's sleep is
probably a thing of the past.

I hope you find something that helps, some have had good results with
reduced gluten (wheat) intake. Neurontin didn't work for me either,
but there are quite a few that it works well for so don't give up.
You may not see a result for a couple months, but it could work.

I never have tried removing wheat gluten from my diet - it just seemed so
hard to do for so little results since almost every-freaking-thing has wheat
gluten in it!

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 4th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 4, 3:42*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in messagenews:4a0e49e5-0543-

You are supposed to avoid stressful and emotional situations (so,
um... the new cat thing... not a good idea, but I *totally*
understand). *;-)

LOL about the cat!

Yeah, Ginger-lyn is in *such* a stressful place right now I'm surprised she
can function at all!

I completely agree. I don't know she (sorry Ginger-lyn, I know you
are reading this...) I don't know how you (G-l) do it. Dont' know
how CatNipped does it either, but that's just me.

Yeah, let's see... *they told me I don't fall into REM sleep. *Ever.
Hmmm, like *I* didn't know that snicker. *Sorry.

ROFLMAO! *When I went for my sleep study all they found out was that I could
lay in a darkened, quiet room for 8 hours through the night and not sleep!
; *And that was *with* the Ambien!!

I can sleep, but not much. I never was much of a sleeper. 3 or 4
hours a night and I'm good to go. Unfortunately, now it's 30 minutes
here, 30 minutes there. It sucks.

There is a board called Fibromyalgia Tenderness, (I suggest avoiding
the alt.med.fibro group at all costs - they degenerate into flame wars
about every other week, seems to be in one now I think) that has lots
of suggestions, but most will tell you that a full night's sleep is
probably a thing of the past.

I posted a few times, way back, before it was completely horrid. Now
it's been overrun by a couple of head cases. One who is a vegetarian
and thinks cutting iron out of the diet of the world would cure all
the ills. Another who believes that everyone is sending spam just to
*her*, and that they mean to kill her. It's pretty sad, but those two
are two of the good ones. Then you have the jerks, but you were
there, you know that....

I never have tried removing wheat gluten from my diet - it just seemed so
hard to do for so little results since almost every-freaking-thing has wheat
gluten in it!

Now, here's an interesting... Because of my RA, I'm supposed to
reduce my "cheap carbs", and keep my carb rate really low. When I do
that, I have fewer problems with both diseases. However, I really
like my 'cheap carbs' (Richardson Pastel Mints, hee). I just have to
decide if it's worth it.

I don't know how other people can do that either. I mean, I am very
fond of my wheat toast in the morning shrug.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 4th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
I've always suspected, but finally, last week, I got the diagnosis.

I'm supposed to exercise an hour a day (say WHAT????? Not with THIS
ankle, dude!) and double my Neurontin at night for two weeks, then triple
it if I am not doing better (which I am not, at the almost one-week mark).

I don't know much about the disease; what I've read is pretty confusing.

Anybody else here have it and want to share a bit about it?

Thanks,

Ginger-lyn

Mess Extraordinare

Oh dear. Big, big purrs and headbutts from my guys.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 4th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

Now, here's an interesting... Because of my RA, I'm supposed to
reduce my "cheap carbs", and keep my carb rate really low. When I do
that, I have fewer problems with both diseases. However, I really
like my 'cheap carbs' (Richardson Pastel Mints, hee). I just have to
decide if it's worth it.

By "cheap carbs", do you mean simple carbs? Carbs that very quickly turn
to sugar in your system? Eg, bread, crackers, potatoes, etc? (As opposed to
complex carbs such as veggies?)

What is RA, by the way? I've heard it mentioned a couple of times but I'm
not familiar with that name.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 4th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 4, 4:07*pm, wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

* Now, here's an interesting... *Because of my RA, I'm supposed to
* reduce my "cheap carbs", and keep my carb rate really low. *When I do
* that, I have fewer problems with both diseases. *However, I really
* like my 'cheap carbs' (Richardson Pastel Mints, hee). *I just have to
* decide if it's worth it.

By "cheap carbs", do you mean simple carbs? Carbs that very quickly turn
to sugar in your system? Eg, bread, crackers, potatoes, etc? (As opposed to
complex carbs such as veggies?)

Actually, it's reducing all carbs and completely avoiding "simple"
carbs. I knew there was a better word, but couldn't think of it.
Can't have peas, carrots, corn either.

What is RA, by the way? I've heard it mentioned a couple of times but I'm
not familiar with that name.

RA, shorthand for rheumatoid arthritis.

--
Joyce * ^..^

Old August 4th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

By "cheap carbs", do you mean simple carbs? Carbs that very quickly turn
to sugar in your system? Eg, bread, crackers, potatoes, etc? (As opposed to
complex carbs such as veggies?)

Actually, it's reducing all carbs and completely avoiding "simple"
carbs. I knew there was a better word, but couldn't think of it.
Can't have peas, carrots, corn either.

That's similar to the kinds of food the diabetics I know have to avoid.
Those foods have a high "glycemic index" meaning that they turn to sugar
very quickly. I guess sugar isn't so great for fibro either?

What is RA, by the way? I've heard it mentioned a couple of times but I'm
not familiar with that name.

RA, shorthand for rheumatoid arthritis.

OK, thanks. Ugh, that's awful having two kinds of body-pain conditions.
It must be hard sometimes to know which thing is causing some specific
pain or discomfort.

--
Joyce ^..^