Three for TED

Old August 7th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Default Three for TED

wafflycat wrote:
Took Waffles, Francis & Marble off to TED for their booster shots and
annual once-overs.

Saw a new TED at the practice. A lady TED.

Francis, scourge of TEDs since his unfortunate encounter with that
darned fool young male vet a few years ago, was putty in the new lady
TED's hands. Not a peep from him. No growls, no yowls, no hisses and
certainly no bites. Makes me wonder if Francis's anti-TED thing is
specifically and anti-male-TED thing.

Marble was his usual wimpy self. He howled whilst in the cat carrier and
promptly offered complete surrender as soon as I removed him from the
carrier.

Even Waffles, who could easily be Olympic champion in swearing at TEDs
offered not a peep of resistance.

All three duly had their jabs.

Waffles may need to have the last of her teeth removed surgically at
some point. Her remaining teeth are few and in not good shape, but they
don't seem to be bothering her at the moment. Being an elderly lady, I'd
like not to put her through the stress of an operation unless
*necessary*. At the moment, it's not necessary. So it's a case of
keeping an eye on her, checking her breath is not getting bad, making
sure she continues to eat properly and if she doesn't - then that's when
she'll have the risk of anaesthesia. But right now, she seems entirely
content with life, she runs around, plays in the garden, hunts... does
all the normal cat things and with seeming great enjoyment. Long may
that continue.

Yay for the good news. Special purrs on the way for Waffles.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 7th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

wrote in message

Hmm, was this vet's name Victoria Stilwell?

I thought the woman was the dog dominatrix. LOL, we get a kick out
of "It's Me Or The Dog" on Animal Planet channel. Rob loves
watching "The Dog Whisperer" on National Geographic channel.

Pam S.

I like Caesar too. Should probably follow more of his suggestions.
Two that have really helped are 'never play tug of war with a dog you
hope to train' and never let a dog go through a door in front of you.

Kayla still thinks who's the boss is up for debate. She has to check
at least once a day to see if I'm still in charge.

Jo

Old August 7th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

Amen to that. The new TED seems to be a very capable one, to have
Francis be such a good boy with her. Or maybe he just has a soft spot
for the ladies.

Old August 7th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 6, 7:11*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
wrote in message

Hmm, was this vet's name Victoria Stilwell?

I thought the woman was the dog dominatrix. *LOL, we get a kick out of "It's
Me Or The Dog" on Animal Planet channel. *Rob loves watching "The Dog
Whisperer" on National Geographic channel.

Bear won't _let_ me watch those shows :-,)

--
Will in New Haven

Old August 7th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote in message

Hmm, was this vet's name Victoria Stilwell?

I thought the woman was the dog dominatrix. LOL, we get a kick out of
"It's
Me Or The Dog" on Animal Planet channel. Rob loves watching "The Dog
Whisperer" on National Geographic channel.

Bear won't _let_ me watch those shows :-,)

===================
Speedy probably wishes we didn't watch those shows. We've used a
combination of techniques for training him and now the only real problem we
have with him is that he loves to take off every so often and visit the
neighborhood. The last time was my fault. I was trying to get the lawn
mower from the back yard to the front so that I could try to mow it. Didn't
work and the pup got loose. We caught him, but he came back to the house
across the street while we were looking for him down at his usual place to
let us catch him.

Speedy sits, shakes paws (both right and left), braces on one's arm, dances,
and lays down for me. He does more for Mandy, who is his human. I'm just a
treat factory and if he has to perform to get treats, he'll do so.

Pam S.

Old August 7th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 7, 11:47*am, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"Will in New Haven" wrote in ...
On Aug 6, 7:11 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote: wrote in message

.. .

[...]

Bear will generally do what I tell him. He was grown when I met him
but I've done some serious dog training and he really wants to be a
good boy. Except if we encounter someone on a walk. He will not just
move on by, exchanging a polite greeting. He must perform his Mr.
Congeniality act and get petted or he will just keep trying to
convince whoever it is that he is loveable and that petting him is
mandatory. He also insists that other d*gs play with him but all but
one of the neighborhod mutts loves him, so that's no problem. His
feelings seem hurt that the local indoor/outdoor cats won't approach
him. After all, he has cats of his own. In the house, he would obey me
more if I gave more commands but I let him do harmless things if he
wants.

--
Will in New Haven

Old August 7th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"tanadashoes" wrote:

wrote in message

Hmm, was this vet's name Victoria Stilwell?

I thought the woman was the dog dominatrix.

She is, but she seems capable enough to manage cats as well.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 16th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

wafflycat wrote:
Took Waffles, Francis & Marble off to TED for their booster shots and
annual once-overs.

snip

Thanks for the update.
Best wishes,