BW to me anyway

Old August 11th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default BW to me anyway

"Granby" wrote in message
Went out with the family for dinner tonight. My fortune cookie said "To
ease stress, get a cat". Considering I have three and my son, just down
the street has 10 at the moment, I nearly rolled on the floor when they
read that to me.

Oh, that definitely means you should get *another* cat snicker!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 11th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:
Granby wrote:

Went out with the family for dinner tonight. My fortune cookie said "To
ease stress, get a cat". Considering I have three and my son, just down the
street has 10 at the moment, I nearly rolled on the floor when they read
that to me.

I was just in a grocery store that had a newsletter for customers, and
the front page had an article entitled, "What's Good For Your Heart?"
The accompanying picture (a drawing) showed a person holding a kitty.

I guess my heart must be in good shape!

Oh, there have been any number of recent scientific studies "proving"
that having a pet is good for your health! Petting a cat or dog lowers
your blood pressure. Elderly people who live alone recover much more
quickly from illnesses (especially those that require hospitalization)
if they have a dependent furry roommate to care for... there are any
number of other health benefits. There was a time when moving to a
"retirement residence" meant giving up one's companion animals, but that
is less and less the case. There may be a weight restriction, and they
seldom allow more than two cats, but so long as the person is able to
care for the animal (or can pay someone else to do so), every place I
looked into, both here and in California, allows residents to have pets.
Old August 11th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...

wrote:
Granby wrote:

Went out with the family for dinner tonight. My fortune cookie

said "To ease stress, get a cat". Considering I have three and my
son, just down the street has 10 at the moment, I nearly rolled
on the floor when they read that to me. I was just in a grocery
[...]

One of the really nice things about the place my mother lived last was
the porch dog. Apparently one of the 'guests' owned a Great Dane.
Now of course they aren't going to let that move in, but someone
brought the dog to visit daily and it held court on the front porch
(think Southern Veranda) every day with it handler and owner.

It was a wonder the dog had any fur on the top of it head or the backs
of it ears. It would go from chair to chair as different folks rocked
in the rocking chairs and kept one hand petting the dog.

Jo

Old August 11th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Should have kept my mouth shut, order hot and sour soup today at work and
got another fortune cookie, yes the cookie but no fortune. Can't decide if
that was good or bad. The kind of day I had today it couldn't have been
much worse.

Only good thing is that I paid off my VAN today!! Did my version of the
happy dance and the three cats just looked at me like I had lost it.

Old August 12th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Granby" wrote in message
Should have kept my mouth shut, order hot and sour soup today at
work and got another fortune cookie, yes the cookie but no fortune.
Can't decide if that was good or bad. The kind of day I had today
it couldn't have been much worse.

Only good thing is that I paid off my VAN today!! Did my version
of the happy dance and the three cats just looked at me like I had
lost it.

Charlie got an advertising card in the mail today offering him a free
cremation. Told him he should have called and asked if he could
schedule it for this afternoon.

Jo

Old August 12th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Granby" wrote in message
Should have kept my mouth shut, order hot and sour soup today at work and
got another fortune cookie, yes the cookie but no fortune. Can't decide
if that was good or bad.

LOL! I've had that happen - it can feel a bit ominous! ;

The kind of day I had today it couldn't have been much worse.

Oh, girl, speaking from experience - don't *ever* say that or the universe
will show you just how much worse it can get!

Only good thing is that I paid off my VAN today!! Did my version of the
happy dance and the three cats just looked at me like I had lost it.

YAY! HaPpY dAnCiNg for you!

I have 12 more payments on my truck and I'm counting down the *minutes*
until it is paid off and I can get a small car - both because of the price
of gas and because the truck we have must have been made with *NO* shock
absorbers (my head bounces around like one of those bobble-head dolls and
the pinched nerve in my neck gets pounded on so hard I feel like somebody
stuck a knife in my neck by the time I get to work or home from work).

Anyway, back to the part about you getting another owner.... evil grin

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 13th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

Congrats on getting the VAN paid off today
Have a better day.
Hug
Kyla

"Granby"