Extra Purry, Extra Playful

Old December 6th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Extra Purry, Extra Playful

Sometimes Persia likes to just be by herself. Some days she sleeps under
the bed most of the day, venturing out only in the evening to join me while
I watch TV or read a book. Not always, but sometimes.

Yesterday she was hanging around me all day long. Didn't matter what room I
was in or what I was doing, she was right there. This is especially true,
of course, when I go into the kitchen I was washing up some plates and
things and she was winding around my feet, purring very loudly. Of course
if I go anywhere near the refrigerator she starts talking to me in a loud
voice. She doesn't get "people food" but she knows where the milk jug is!
I only give her a little dribble of milk a couple of times a week but that
sure doesn't keep her from reminding me where it's stored!

Last night she snuggled next to me on the couch most of the evening, purring
and rubbing her head against me. She's so sweet! At one point she did go
out to the living room and find one of those little furry mousies I thought
had long disappeared. She looks so funny when she comes walking in with it
in her mouth, hey, look what I have!

She batted it around. It went under a chair. Okay, that's a chair I am
physically able to move, so I did and I gave her the mousie back. She
batted it around and batted it right under the couch. Uh oh. Sorry, girl,
I can't move the couch. (It's actually a sofa-bed.) She lay there peering
under it as if the mousie might magically come back out on its own. LOL

I got down on the floor and looked; I thought perhaps I could fish it out
with a ruler or something. I couldn't see it anywhere. Another mousie
vanished into the ether! So she had to be content with snuggling next to me
again. And purring up a storm She got lots of scritches and praise for
being a sweet pretty girl.

Looks like today might be another "hang out with Jill" day. So far I
have to make a quick run to the store and she always goes under the bed when
I do that. I'll have to see what she does when I get back. I love it when
she wants to hang out with me

Jill

Old December 6th 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

She knows the "you" in you is under less stress. Yeah, doing the "have to"
stuff is stress but caring for someone, especially when it became 24/7
changes your chemistry. She knows her meowmie is gonna be ok.

Old December 6th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Granby" wrote in message
She knows the "you" in you is under less stress. Yeah, doing the "have
to" stuff is stress but caring for someone, especially when it became 24/7
changes your chemistry. She knows her meowmie is gonna be ok.

I'll be fine, thanks. But under less stress? Don't think so. I'm taking
the day off today, but I'm the executor/exectrix/personal representative for
Mom's estate. I've got my brothers on my back and telling me what to do
even though they haven't been here for her or my father before. Just me
dealing with everything.

I'd rather think Persia knows I need comfort. She's doing that for me.
Persia never quite got used to Mom. Mom's cane scared her and she was afaid
to approach her. When she was using the walker, that's a scary device. Not
quite like the big sucky monster but it might step on her paws!

Once Mom took to her bed she only jumped up on it once when I was changing
her bedsheets (this was before Mom went into the hospital and broke her
hip). I got Mom to walk in and see how a cat reacts to making changing the
sheets into an adventure. Mom laughed at that

Persia only cautiously ventured in to see Mom from the doorway once Mom was
bedridden. When Mom did come home from the hospital one of the first things
she asked me "where's our cat?" Of course with all the people around
Persia was hiding and I told her so. I did carry Persia into her room
before she died so she could reach out and pet Persia. She'd never actually
gotten to pet her before. She said "She's soft." Yes, she is.

Damn, now I'm going to cry.

Jill

Old December 6th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

jmcquown wrote:
"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

So am I...

Jill

Let it out, girl, it's a great stress-release!!!!

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old December 6th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"jmcquown" skrev i meddelandet
[...]

I am so glad that you have had Persia for company and comfort during this
difficult time.
Hugs!
Elisabet

Old December 6th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

A suggestion. But only if you would enjoy it. You said your parents
had a Jacuzzi type tub that didn't work. Or you were concerned it
wouldn't work since it hadn't been used for years.

That's something that will likely have to be fixed when the house is
sold, so maybe have it fixed now and enjoy it.

Give Persia an extra scritch. Neither of mine have that soft, you can
sink your fingers into it kind of fur.

Jo

Old December 7th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

She probably knows you can use some comforting right now.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old December 7th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

((((((((Jill))))))))

Joy

Old December 7th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"jmcquown" wrote:
Once Mom took to her bed she only jumped up on it once when I was changing
her bedsheets (this was before Mom went into the hospital and broke her
hip). I got Mom to walk in and see how a cat reacts to making changing the
sheets into an adventure. Mom laughed at that

Persia only cautiously ventured in to see Mom from the doorway once Mom was
bedridden. When Mom did come home from the hospital one of the first things
she asked me "where's our cat?" Of course with all the people around
Persia was hiding and I told her so. I did carry Persia into her room
before she died so she could reach out and pet Persia. She'd never actually
gotten to pet her before. She said "She's soft." Yes, she is.

This is very cute. But I'm taken aback by how suddenly you lost
your mom. I thought that she must still have been healthy to have
been taking care of your father all those years.
Old December 7th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

She was healthy, Tak. She was just old and tired. (fast forward) Persia
never warmed up to her but I think that's because Mom was always shaky about
being around pets. She'd reach out tentatively but Persia was afraid of
her. She didn't warm up to animals. Some people don't, I guess.

It's funny that when she came home from the hospital one of the first things
she asked about was Persia. And I'm glad she got to pet her and find out
just how soft her fur is before she died. Persia was still afraid of her
when I carried her into the bedroom where Mom was. Mom stroked her fur and
said "ooh, she's soft!" Yes, she's soft like a bunny and she purrs, too!
Too bad Mom couldn't have experienced that before she died.

Jill