Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

Old March 10th 10, 04:02 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
There are people who smoke heavily all their lives like my mother who
died at 90, and never get lung cancer.

You too, huh? - My mom started smoking at 15 and quit when she was 90
because "they are too expensive". She went on to live to 97. So she
smoked for 75 years! When I tell doctors that, it blows them away!

There you go! There are exceptions to every rule. My mother started
smoking young also. She quit in her 80s because she too complained they
were too expensive. She used those nicotine patches.

My father started in his teens and died of lung cancer at age 64. Now
this is really odd but my ex-husband, his father and a dear old friend
from NY all died at age 64 - and all died of lung cancer. All were
smokers. Go figure!

I'm sure there are cats that ate nothing but cheap grain filled kibble and
lived to 21, but what are the chances? Id' rather not take that chance
and feed them what nature intended - meat.

BTW, I quit smoking years ago when smokers I knew started to die of
smoking related diseases.

I wish I could say that......I only quit when they banned smoking in the
buildings where I worked, and my job required me to remain inside the
buildings for long periods at a time.....

Old March 10th 10, 04:09 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Matthew" wrote

Lee you want me to tell her or should you about your eye sight

Is it needed? Lee is perfectly capable of handling herself. I mention it
only when a technical issue on reply and then just to those who question
style.

There was no relation in the4 thread to post type and at most some links
that i think she can follow.

My apologies if i read you wrong but you just seemed to treat her as a child
here and she isnt. Lee can easily call someone a )&*^%^ ((^if she wants to
(Lee, remind me if you want a little spelling help with it all)

Old March 10th 10, 04:10 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
news

I had a brother in law who died of lung cancer, and he never smoked
anything in his entire life. I also know that the national cancer
institute attributes every lung cancer death in the entire world to
either their smoking, or to their ingestion of second hand smoke....IOW,
they don't believe it's possible for anyone who dies of lung cancer to
have contracted the disease any other way besides tobacco smoke. So I
take these, "TV" statistics with a large grain of salt......

Some of these non-smoking lung cancer victims were exposed to radon or
asbestos some time in their lives. I saw a special on TV about just this
subject years ago, so it's known that things other than smoking can and do
cause lung cancer.

Sure. And people were dying from lung cancer for thousands of years....Long
before either tobacco or asbestos came along. Also, I have known several
people who died of lung cancer, and I don't know that any of them ever
filled out a questionnaire about how much second hand smoke they were
exposed to. Certainly my second wife didn't, and she died of lung cancer. So
where do these statistics come from? - I think they are a figment of some
advertising executive's imagination.

Old March 10th 10, 05:03 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote

Lee you want me to tell her or should you about your eye sight

Is it needed? Lee is perfectly capable of handling herself. I mention it
only when a technical issue on reply and then just to those who question
style.

There was no relation in the4 thread to post type and at most some links
that i think she can follow.

My apologies if i read you wrong but you just seemed to treat her as a
child here and she isnt. Lee can easily call someone a )&*^%^ ((^if she
wants to (Lee, remind me if you want a little spelling help with it all)

You did and Lee knows me to well.

Old March 10th 10, 08:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

itz my job as a good hoomin to make you purr, soft
"Mosey =^..^=" wrote in message
Ooo dat fealz nise..fank yoo....
PuuuuuuuuurrpUURRz
Gnow sea wat yoo dun?..
Yoo mayde me purr.. laowd
SmiiiiiiiiiiiLe
Yus iam uh gud kitty..
Lufffs
Mosey

good kitty, smooths furs, anti soft

"Mosey =^..^="
Ummmkey den, I wunt..
Fank yerown self..
Luffs
Mosey

don't get your fur ruffled over hoomins that don't ever even need to be
considered, anti soft

"Mosey =^..^="
Fank yew vury mutch anti Soft..Iiiiiii jest luffs yerownself.
Iiiiii wunna gnow hoo deez sew kalled weerd hoominz r n wyyyyy dey r
in OWR groop..uh kitty groop? I reeefuze tew croxpoast tew demself,
sew I wil jest deleet da entyre anxser..
I kan doo dat..dey r maykn me hissed off, fur shur.
Luffs tew yoo n I hisses at dem.
Mosey
..

thank you sweetie, here have a bowl of nip, anti soft
"mosey =^..^="

"Kelly Greene"

"Stormmee"
i meant this or that treatment works... to spew that sort of thing
does not allo9w for differences in cats or issues at all and i find
cultish at best and stupid at worst, Lee

Then take a break from these NGs and learn about cat nutrition.

Here's some good links to start you off:

shredded wif sharp clawz
Umkkkkkkkey..Mrrrrrrrrrrrrt
Kelly Greene , diz iz gnot da rite groop tew dixzcuz diz matur at
awl n yoo dunt git tew tawk tew Auntie Lee wike dat..nope
I taked owt da crosspoastz tew, so dere!!
Bad mrrrrrrrrrrrrt
Mosey

Old March 10th 10, 08:55 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

how do you know i haven't read the sites, in fact when this happened to
tiger i really did days and days of research.... its oddly where i found out
about the chemical in carpets that are blamed for all of the thyriod issues
in animals... so please just understand if it worked for your cat good, but
its not all cut and dried. Lee
"cshenk" wrote in message
"Kelly Greene" wrote
"Stormmee" wrote

I don't know what kind of vet YOU have but mine is very up to date on not
only nutrition but wholeistic medicine as well, prevention is her middle
name, and the fact that you fancy yourself an expert on what is and is
not appropriate for any cats other than your own is the hight of
arrogance,... this discussion is now over, Lee

No Stormmee..... YOU fancy that I fancy myself an expert. There is more
information on the net about cat nutrition than you can read in a year.
That's why posted the sites which you refused to read.

Lee is a friend if mine but like me, she's bit hit with enough 'check out
my version of a whacked ut but must be true' website she may not have
checked it.

Lord knows Char in another group seems to assume I want to absorb every
word she/he has on some of the wacked out odd ball sites. I bet theree was
a hard search to find ones that agreed with her stance.

Lee is not a kid. If her searches show different, you *might* wanna look
if you are focusing on ones that support your view.

Old March 10th 10, 09:01 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

carol,

the point is that every cat is different and every case is different, i
think its like people, i have a net friend who is a total v egan...
nocheese, milk or eggs... certainly no meat fish or poultry... and in her
words... "if this stuff so abuses my system then it stands to reason that
there are others in a differing ggene poole that require eating things with
a face to survive...

same with cats... trudi would starve before she ate wet food, as it is she
eats just enough dry to survive, the only thing she really likes is kittem
food and the odd b it of dairy, my point is that while there are patterms
and generalities, there are still individual differences and know what
worked for your cat could help me do research to help my cat... telling me
if i do differently than you do just instills guilt and anxiety that is not
only not warrented its just rude and wrong... i am sure there are cats that
need wet only... like kyla's mosey, he hurkes every time he gets he teeth on
dry...

Old March 10th 10, 09:07 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

mathew is just thinking of the links because i have wined in the past about
following links and he treats me like a little sister, we have weight issues
in common so are very sensitive to anything that seems a slight to either of
us, he is a good guy, Lee

Old March 10th 10, 09:07 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

and ps, he is an excellent cook, i am considering keepin g his single
cooking self in reserve should my dh die an untimely death, LOL, Lee