Reason # 67 why Roxie scares me

Old July 25th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Reason # 67 why Roxie scares me

When we received Marilyn's babies, China Doll and Randy--who is now known as
Master Philip or Fella for short--we knew we had to acclimate the family to a
new feeding structure, to the chagrin of the other spoiled darlings. The
Fella is a dignified, toothless gent who needs canned food, ordinarily given
the others as a treat to break the monotony of the four different kinds of
dry we serve them. And so we have an envy issue, not to mention a challenge
to the intellect of Roxie, our most devious little girl. She'd gotten onto
the counter a few days ago, got a can of Fancy Feast out of the bag, and went
to work. Louie was in the, um, reading room and heard a "ping...ping"
punctuated by abrupt trills. When he was through with his, um, book, he went
out to find Madame holding the can down with one paw, and picking at the
little ring-thing with the claws of the other.

Madame Roxie would do well with the CIA or Scotland Yard. She already is
dressed like James Bond out for a night in the baccarat room.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old July 25th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message
[...]

I have a cousin with the CIA in your state. I'd ask him to get in
touch with Roxie, but I don't have his number, and I suspect she does.

Wonder if it would affect his clearance if they knew he used to wear
my hand-me-down clothes as a child?

Fortunately for him, I dressed in Jeans and T-Shirts before most girls
did.

Jo

Old July 25th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote

| When we received Marilyn's babies, China Doll and Randy--who is now known
as
| Master Philip or Fella for short--we knew we had to acclimate the family
to a
| new feeding structure, to the chagrin of the other spoiled darlings. The
| Fella is a dignified, toothless gent who needs canned food, ordinarily
given
| the others as a treat to break the monotony of the four different kinds of
| dry we serve them. And so we have an envy issue, not to mention a
challenge
| to the intellect of Roxie, our most devious little girl. She'd gotten onto
| the counter a few days ago, got a can of Fancy Feast out of the bag, and
went
| to work. Louie was in the, um, reading room and heard a "ping...ping"
| punctuated by abrupt trills. When he was through with his, um, book, he
went
| out to find Madame holding the can down with one paw, and picking at the
| little ring-thing with the claws of the other.
|
| Madame Roxie would do well with the CIA or Scotland Yard. She already is
| dressed like James Bond out for a night in the baccarat room.

I've got an envy thing going on here too, trying to put weight back on
Abelard, he is getting a can a day in private (because he eats so slow), but
no one is trying to open cans. I usually put down three cans for the rest of
the clowder to share, so they don't feel so left out. They don't finish it
all, so Abelard may get some more later if he wants it - and he usually
does. He's making up for all the weeks when I had to force tiny amounts into
him to keep him alive.

Old July 25th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

Gosh, even without thumbs they're scary smart! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 25th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

mention a challenge
to the intellect of Roxie, our most devious little girl. She'd
gotten onto the counter a few days ago, got a can of Fancy Feast
out of the bag, and went
to work. Louie was in the, um, reading room and heard a
"ping...ping" punctuated by abrupt trills. When he was through with
his, um, book, he went
out to find Madame holding the can down with one paw, and picking
at the little ring-thing with the claws of the other.

Madame Roxie would do well with the CIA or Scotland Yard. She
already is dressed like James Bond out for a night in the baccarat
room. Blessed be,
Baha

Gosh, even without thumbs they're scary smart! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Remember when Persia did something similar back when she got FF as a treat
on Sundays? She didn't try to pull the tab (although I wouldn't have put it
past her) but she did manage to get a can down off the pantry shelf and
scoot it to the middle of the kitchen floor where she sat, waiting with it,
until I walked in

Jill

Old July 25th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I don't know what FF does, but even the cans must smell good to them.
Whenever we bring the (3!!) cases home each week at least one of my will
jump up and rub all over the case (I wonder if they soak them in catnip
juice??!). LOL

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 25th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Wouldn't put it past marketing to put something in the glue they use
to put the labels on.

Jo

Old July 25th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

[...]

My friend Bruce had several cats many years ago, all but one RB, and a
big d*g named Konrad. The cats would knock loaves of bread off of the
kitchen counter and Konrad would take the wrappers off. Then they
would all feast on bread fresh from the store. Persia was waiting for
a servant to open the can.

-
Will in New Haven