Anyone want a piece of steak.....

Old April 22nd 05, 06:30 PM
Mischief

Default Anyone want a piece of steak.....

That may or may not have kitty spit on it?

I had pan fried some steak a while ago and had been cutting off pieces
and leaving the rest on the stove.

Well I just heard a noise from the kitchen, and I immmediately
suspected Mischief.

I walk into the kitchen adn she's perched on the stove, with her head
in the frying pan. When I shooed her off, she was licking her lips.

ARGH! the little ****!!!

I don't know whether I caught her in time or whether she was just
licking the pan and not the meat.

I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Kristi

Old April 22nd 05, 06:40 PM
Hopitus

I myself would not be eating a steak, but let's just say it
was a juicy lamb chop we were talking here.....I cook all meat well done and
think my cats' germs would mostly be killed by the prolonged heat of
panfrying. I'd eat it anyway. Do you eat your steak rare? If so, just
inside?
Kittyspit would only be on the outside, right?
Are you not the Wiccan? Are Wiccans afraid of germs?
If I, the Hopitus, do not fear Kittyspit, why should any
self-respecting Wiccan toss a good steak? LOL.

oups.com...

Old April 22nd 05, 06:57 PM
CatNipped

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
That may or may not have kitty spit on it?

I had pan fried some steak a while ago and had been cutting off pieces
and leaving the rest on the stove.

Well I just heard a noise from the kitchen, and I immmediately
suspected Mischief.

I walk into the kitchen adn she's perched on the stove, with her head
in the frying pan. When I shooed her off, she was licking her lips.

ARGH! the little ****!!!

I don't know whether I caught her in time or whether she was just
licking the pan and not the meat.

I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

For her or for you???! ; Actually, I've eat stuff with kitty spit on it
all my life and I'm still alive and kicking!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Kristi

Old April 22nd 05, 07:13 PM
Victor Martinez

Mischief wrote:
I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Of course it's safe! This happens to us all the time...
Well, that and I usually kiss my kitties on the lips, so I'm used to the
spit.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 22nd 05, 07:21 PM
CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Mischief wrote:
I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Of course it's safe! This happens to us all the time...
Well, that and I usually kiss my kitties on the lips, so I'm used to the
spit.

People think I'm weird when I tell them my cat french kisses me! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 22nd 05, 08:10 PM
Jo Firey

Mischief wrote:
I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Of course it's safe! This happens to us all the time...
Well, that and I usually kiss my kitties on the lips, so I'm used to the
spit.

--

I don't know I'd admit this to another group of people, but I've been known
to share food with my dog and cat off my fork and spoon. Or my plate if

I had to stop eating my lunch sitting of the sofa and watching TV cause the
dog would stand with her paws on my shoulder figuring it was one bite for me
and one for her, etc. Didn't bother be that much but she would do the same
thing when Charlie was home and it kind of went past his gross out meter.

Jo

Old April 22nd 05, 08:31 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Mischief wrote:
I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Of course it's safe! This happens to us all the time...
Well, that and I usually kiss my kitties on the lips, so I'm used

to the
spit.

--

I don't know I'd admit this to another group of people, but I've been

known
to share food with my dog and cat off my fork and spoon. Or my plate

if
they are pushy.

I do the same thing, my cats (except the FIV one) and the d-thing eat
off my fork though, and Leonidas likes yoghurt off my spoon. For my
FIV positive baby, I will even chew the meat for her (hey, she has
problems with her teeth, another problem with FIV). Now, she (FIV)
doesn't eat off my fork or anything, but she gets it from my mouth (I
take it out my mouth and put it down for her).

I had to stop eating my lunch sitting of the sofa and watching TV

cause the
dog would stand with her paws on my shoulder figuring it was one bite

for me
and one for her, etc. Didn't bother be that much but she would do

the same
thing when Charlie was home and it kind of went past his gross out

meter.

Jo

Shelby knows to lie down, just "behind" me, and she'll get treats. If
she sits in front of me, she won't get anything. It's so cute to see
her with her head tilted to one side (trying to see around the arm of
the chair) waiting for her food treat from DH.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old April 22nd 05, 09:46 PM
Kreisleriana

On 22 Apr 2005 10:30:09 -0700, "Mischief"
yodeled:

That may or may not have kitty spit on it?

I had pan fried some steak a while ago and had been cutting off pieces
and leaving the rest on the stove.

Well I just heard a noise from the kitchen, and I immmediately
suspected Mischief.

I walk into the kitchen adn she's perched on the stove, with her head
in the frying pan. When I shooed her off, she was licking her lips.

ARGH! the little ****!!!

I don't know whether I caught her in time or whether she was just
licking the pan and not the meat.

I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Kristi

What?? You think you have never yet consumed any kitty spit?

Theresa
Old April 22nd 05, 09:47 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:13:36 GMT, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

Mischief wrote:
I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Of course it's safe! This happens to us all the time...
Well, that and I usually kiss my kitties on the lips, so I'm used to the
spit.

Me too! I've built up an immunity

Theresa
Old April 22nd 05, 09:49 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:10:54 -0700, "Jo Firey"
yodeled:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
.. .
Mischief wrote:
I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Of course it's safe! This happens to us all the time...
Well, that and I usually kiss my kitties on the lips, so I'm used to the
spit.

--

I don't know I'd admit this to another group of people, but I've been known
to share food with my dog and cat off my fork and spoon. Or my plate if
they are pushy.

Me too. When I was younger, and this happened, I would hear my mother
saying "No eating off the same plate, boys and girls!" It always made
me giggle to have me and the cat put in the same category.

Theresa