Pics, pix, pickshures...

Old August 7th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Pics, pix, pickshures...

Loads of pictures from our island holiday. The 'Pink toesises' picture
shows how their toes dry out and even crack a bit when they go outside,
but they will soon be pink and smooth again.

The 'After the storm' pictures were taken on the evening after we'd had
some 24 hours of storms and storm warnings. The weather station closest
to the island reported 26 m/s winds (I don't know what unit of
measurement you people use for wind velocity, but I see that this is
about 58 mph). The storm was quite spectacular, but I was happy that we
didn't need to go anywhere in our little boat.

There's a series of Caliban and Emil making half-hearted attempts to get
to know each other, then ignoring each other. Another series of Caliban
investigating the House Martin nest under the dock...

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

Old August 7th 08, 09:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Loads of pictures from our island holiday...
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

Great photos, as usual! I really liked the ones of the kayaking (or
canoeing?) on the lagoon. Very pretty. I'm curious who each person
is, I recognize your mom, and I think you're in one of them at least,
right? But I don't know who everyone else is.

Caliban is such a goofball. He always looks like he takes himself very
seriously, but he's in some weird position or location, or has a funny
look on his face. I'm glad he didn't fall off the dock again. It was
funny to hear about when it happened, but I think once is enough, not
least for your health and well-being!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 7th 08, 09:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:
Marina wrote:

Loads of pictures from our island holiday...
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

Great photos, as usual! I really liked the ones of the kayaking (or
canoeing?) on the lagoon. Very pretty. I'm curious who each person
is, I recognize your mom, and I think you're in one of them at least,
right? But I don't know who everyone else is.

OK; I thought maybe no one wants to know who those people are but here
goes. In the series with 'Mum's 80th', the first pictu L-R my cousin
Berit, Ben's son Erik, Ben's and Berit's stepmom Kaisa, and my cousin
Ben (he was one of my best friends growing up and we got into a lot of
mischief on the island every summer. He lives in the US now and doesn't
visit Finland that often, so it was great to see him and reminisce about
our childhood).

Second pictu L-R my nephew, my niece, my middle sister (haha! I
caught her eating!).

Third pictu L-R Erik, Ben, Mum, nephew, niece.

Fourth pictu L-R eldest sister, Kaisa, Berit, half of Erik.

I don't show in any of the pictures, because I was behind the camera.

Caliban is such a goofball. He always looks like he takes himself very
seriously, but he's in some weird position or location, or has a funny
look on his face. I'm glad he didn't fall off the dock again. It was
funny to hear about when it happened, but I think once is enough, not
least for your health and well-being!

He does seem to take himself deadly serious, which is why he always
makes me laugh. Miranda, OTOH, obviously has a sense of humour. Quite
wicked humour sometimes.

Old August 7th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

Very cute! I really like Linus too for some reason.
Are you wearing your hair short now?
Emil is getting a bit chunky, isn't he? And Caliban doesn't look chubby
at all, perhaps he got more exercise in the island?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 7th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Marina" wrote in message
Loads of pictures from our island holiday. The 'Pink toesises' picture
shows how their toes dry out and even crack a bit when they go outside,
but they will soon be pink and smooth again.

The 'After the storm' pictures were taken on the evening after we'd had
some 24 hours of storms and storm warnings. The weather station closest to
the island reported 26 m/s winds (I don't know what unit of measurement
you people use for wind velocity, but I see that this is about 58 mph).
The storm was quite spectacular, but I was happy that we didn't need to go
anywhere in our little boat.

There's a series of Caliban and Emil making half-hearted attempts to get
to know each other, then ignoring each other. Another series of Caliban
investigating the House Martin nest under the dock...

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

I love this one:
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMG_0976.jpg

So dignified. :P

Theresa, Stinky and Dante

Old August 7th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Marina" wrote in message
Loads of pictures from our island holiday. The 'Pink toesises' picture
shows how their toes dry out and even crack a bit when they go outside,
but they will soon be pink and smooth again.

The 'After the storm' pictures were taken on the evening after we'd had
some 24 hours of storms and storm warnings. The weather station closest to
the island reported 26 m/s winds (I don't know what unit of measurement
you people use for wind velocity, but I see that this is about 58 mph).
The storm was quite spectacular, but I was happy that we didn't need to go
anywhere in our little boat.

There's a series of Caliban and Emil making half-hearted attempts to get
to know each other, then ignoring each other. Another series of Caliban
investigating the House Martin nest under the dock...

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

I'm glad that FranknNikki's rosebush is not only doing well but growing by
leaps and bounds. The owners would be pleased.

Caliban is a goof. Those pictures of him laying on surfaces with those
putty paws of his draped out in front of him are so funny and cute. I can
see why you say he makes you laugh. Emil is a big kitty, as is Caliban.
Your Island is so pretty and would be a great place to visit.

Pam S.

Old August 7th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

I love this one:
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMG_0976.jpg

So dignified. :P

Theresa, Stinky and Dante

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pam S. smiling too

Old August 7th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Marina wrote:
Loads of pictures from our island holiday. The 'Pink toesises' picture
shows how their toes dry out and even crack a bit when they go
outside, but they will soon be pink and smooth again.

The 'After the storm' pictures were taken on the evening after we'd
had some 24 hours of storms and storm warnings. The weather station
closest to the island reported 26 m/s winds (I don't know what unit of
measurement you people use for wind velocity, but I see that this is
about 58 mph). The storm was quite spectacular, but I was happy that
we didn't need to go anywhere in our little boat.

There's a series of Caliban and Emil making half-hearted attempts to
get to know each other, then ignoring each other. Another series of
Caliban investigating the House Martin nest under the dock...

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

Lovely pictures, I envy you your trips to the island.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 7th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:
Marina wrote:
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

Very cute! I really like Linus too for some reason.

He's an impressive fellow. When I visit my sister here in town, he
swipes at me with all claws out if I approach him, and for the first
weeks on the island, he would just glare at me. But the last couple of
days, he suddenly adopted me as surrogate Meowmie (my sister wasn't
there). He was suddenly all purry and wanted to lounge in my lap and be
petted. If I stopped scritching him, he would put up a paw on my
shoulder; 'did I say you could stop?' I didn't dare stop. He
headbutted me and sat on the book I was reading so I had to pet him
instead of reading. I expect him to go back to swiping at me when he
comes back to town.

Are you wearing your hair short now?

Yes, I am, but I didn't show in any of the pictures. You might have
mistaken my eldest sister for me.

Emil is getting a bit chunky, isn't he? And Caliban doesn't look chubby
at all, perhaps he got more exercise in the island?

'Getting' a bit chunky? He's been chunky for most of his life.
Caliban remained admirably slim, in spite of all the mooching and
pilfering from other cats' food dishes that he did. He definitely got a
lot of exercise. I'll have to make sure he doesn't get too lazy now that
we're back in town.

Old August 7th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

I love this one:
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMG_0976.jpg

So dignified. :P

Another example of Emil's and Caliban's lame attempts at getting to know
each other: rolling around on the cliffs in parallel, so to speak.

All the cats love to roly poly on those warm, smooth cliffs.

Two new pics Adrian A Cat anecdotes 10 May 25th 07 10:40 PM
More pics! Susan M Cat anecdotes 8 April 25th 07 10:48 PM
More pics Susan M Cat anecdotes 13 February 8th 07 09:24 PM
A few pics Adrian Cat anecdotes 22 June 10th 05 06:04 AM
Pics Marina Cat anecdotes 45 June 16th 04 10:03 PM