moral question on topic

Old April 26th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bucky and Susie

Default moral question on topic

There is also a topical med. for hyperthyroidism. I had a cat with the
disease that I treated for two years with this method------applied to
inner ear. It too came from a compound phamacist.

Old April 26th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

hank you this is good to know, Lee

Old April 28th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

thank you for your information, and in general I agree, if its a week long
thing or if I can get liquids I have no trouble with medicating, you just
have no idea with this one, this isn't regular fighting, puking up the pill,
this is full blown hysterics, including but not limited to , paw sweating,
shivering to the point you think he is having a seizure, screaming, clawing
biting, and panting/high heart rate that concerned the vet once when she
pilled him. I would do anything within his tolerance levels to keep him
happy and alive, he is a true joy to me, and when I see how far he has come
I am proud of DH, Tiger and me, the best option so far appears to be that
topical stuff for his ears, again, thanks
hopitus wrote in message
On Apr 26, 4:52 pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
hank you this is good to know, Lee
Bucky and Susie wrote in

There is also a topical med. for hyperthyroidism. I had a cat with

the
disease that I treated for two years with this method------applied to
inner ear. It too came from a compound phamacist.

Please consider oral (or otherwise, ear?) meds for your cat to enable
him to stay with you longer. With enormous self-control I assert that
if being "on pills" was a downer to one's quality of life, I shoulda
done
myself in a long time ago; the many "pills" I take are keeping me
alive.
Not that anyone needs to hear this; I just want you o rethink that
conclusion. OTOH I have "pilled" for years a high-strung "meezer" cat
- yes, Oliver - it was neither easy nor pleasant but it kept him
alive,and
he got used to it. Another person helping is good.
Here is another idea: one of the ways we radiation workers learn to
avoid
overexposure to radiation is "distance". If you scheduled your cat for
the
surgery (in hoomins "surgery" means cutting out the thyroid gland,
"surgery" =
and there is no radiation involved. Now, in animals, maybe they use
the
alternative method hoomins have for overactive thyroid - a radiation
"pill"
which is so strong it "kills" the gland, rendering it inoperative.
Both
methods necessitate patient taking "thyroid pills" (Synthroid brand
name)
for the rest of their life. Matt is right....cat is radioactive for a
limited time
if they use the "pill surgery" BUT your vet may permit - to remove
himelf
from liability, hopefully - you to sign some form of *waiver* so you
could
take your cat home to recover *right after awakening* and all you
would
have to do would be keep him somewhere (small room, porch?) he would
be away from all living creatures, including you, till the pill's
influence
is gone. BTW what a dose would be to kill a cat's thyroid would LOL
not
kill you much less have much real danger. I'd do it if I had to but
all I
want to do is inform you here of possibilities.
Being on pills has actually improved my quality of life, LOL...I'm not
dead.