BlueBird and LittleBit

Old September 25th 03, 04:12 AM
Yoj

Default BlueBird and LittleBit

I got the following e-mail about LittleBit from BlueBird today.

Joy

I apologize for sending this as a blanket message to several of my
closest friends, hoping that you'll tell who you think might be
interested. I know some people don't understand that this is a member
of my family I'm fighting to save, NOT a pet. I know y'all understand.
Thanks for your support. Our prayers have been kind of answered. NOT
!!! God doesn't do anything 'kind of'. He does everything good or bad
all the way. It IS answer to prayers. I took my Little Bit to see my
Herbalist, Tammy. It was my appointment, but she requested I bring
Little Bit, even though she is very much allergic to cats. In doing her
reading she did confirm that the one kidney IS gone completely. The
other has maybe 20% function left to it. She told me that she can live
a good live with as little as 10% of that kidney left functioning. She
read that the remaining kidney is very much fighting to keep going and
the rest of her body is very healthy and try hard to heal the kidney or
at least not let it get any worse. One thing she did find was kind of
that good/bad news. She is diabetic !!!! Imagine ! This is why her
body has not been able to fight hard enough to keep that kidney healthy.
It's fighting the diabetes too. So, starting today we are giving her
what she needs for her body to fight the diabetes. She says the diet
Little Bit has chosen for herself..... not much of anything, but what
she is eating is good for her. She also had me put fresh garlic that
has been 'smashed' over whatever she eats. Boy is she even my cat. I
love garlic on EVERYTHING !!!! She told me to go out and buy some fresh
garlic. I just laughed. I told her I didn't even have money for me to
eat until the 3rd of next month. You know the last week before the
3rd...... we almost all of us have that malady !!! LOL Well, now that
we know what we are fighting, God, Little Bit and I will begin a new
plan of battle. Tammy made an appointment for Little Bit and for me two
weeks from today. I must have shown some doubt in my eyes as she
said......'Yes, I said Little Bit WILL BE HERE for an appointment in two
weeks !!!' So that's that, friends. I'm looking at my precious fur
baby laying at my feet as I work here on the computer (while getting
quite worn out I might add) with a renewed faith that she is going to
make it !!!! I agree that it's only if it is God's will,
but............

Good night, from a very much relieved BlueBird. Yes, I know there is a
chance I might lose her...... but I believe she is going to make it !!!!

Blue
God can do everything for you.............................Except fail
!!!!!
Click on the Breast Cancer Site today. www.thebreastcancersite.com

Old September 25th 03, 04:25 AM
Steve Touchstone

Prayers and purrs continuing for Bluebird and her Little Bit

Steve, my Little Bit, Sammy and Rocky

Old September 25th 03, 05:46 AM
Karen

Oh I do hope that things turn out well. Give her my good wishes.

Karen

Old September 25th 03, 02:58 PM
Marina

"Yoj" wrote
I got the following e-mail about LittleBit from BlueBird today.

Purrs for Little Bit to be comfortable. Please pay heed to Alphonze's
message.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 25th 03, 04:05 PM
JBHajos

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 03:12:34 GMT, "Yoj" wrote:

I got the following e-mail about LittleBit from BlueBird today.

I'm so glad to hear LittleBit is hanging in there. More purrs and
prayers from us.

However, I was a bit concerned about using the garlic on her food. I
told my biologist son about it and he reaffirmed that garlic is lethal
to a cat. It may not kill immediately but the "poison", even in the
smallest amount of garlic, remains in the body even if no more is fed
to the kitty. I strongly urge BlueBird to STOP and think twice about
this until she gets additional information.

Our best wishes to all.

Jeanne
Old September 26th 03, 03:49 AM
Steve Touchstone

I agree that the placebo effect sometimes does wonders, so if BB has
faith in the woman it's a tough call. When I was a pharmcy tech in
Alaska we had a patient who had gradually been weened off codeine and
had it replaced with a brand of placebo which looked just like his old
codeine tablets. He'd been taking the placebo for years and sworn by
them, and even went through withdrawals if he didn't get his placebo.

On the otherhand, please do pass on the concerns some have posted
about garlic and cats. Being a fairly new cat person, I had no idea
garlic was toxic to the furry ones - I'm just thankful my girls don't
care for hoomin food (except of course for the bits Sammy steals from
my plate).

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 18:30:59 GMT, "Yoj" wrote:

I will pass on what I can of your message. I have my own doubts about
the herbalist, although I think she's sincere. BlueBird is convinced
that it is this woman who has kept her alive for the past few years.
Like you, I felt she was a quack, especially because BB takes all sorts
of expensive vitamins and herbs recommended by her. However, on a visit
to BB, I took her to an appointment with the herbalist. I found that
she does not sell any of the things she recommends to BB. The few items
she does sell are quite low priced, and she does not charge nearly as
much for her visits as most doctors do.

I do doubt her medical wisdom and wish BB didn't rely on her so much.
For instance, she told BB she has a gall bladder problem, and gave her a
diet to follow. The diet bears no relation to the gall bladder diet a
physician would recommend. Instead of concentrating on cutting down on
fat consumption, it prohibits several kids of vegetable, which makes no
sense at all.

However, as ill as BB is, I can't try to undermine her faith in this
woman. For all I know, the placebo effect is helping her.

I do understand and appreciate your concern, and will try to pass
information that might help her.

Old September 26th 03, 03:49 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:51:58 -0700, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

Would it be possible to pass the information about garlic and cats along to the
herbalist nicely and have her recommend the change to Bluebird? Let everyone save
face and all?

Jo

Good idea, helps maintain BB's faith in the herbalist and maybe stop
her from recommending garlic for cats in the future.
Old September 26th 03, 08:17 AM
Yoj

Thank you, Steve. I will do that.

--
Joy

Normal is in the eye of the beholder. -- Whoopie Goldberg

Old September 26th 03, 08:19 AM
Yoj

wrote:

Would it be possible to pass the information about garlic and cats

along to the
herbalist nicely and have her recommend the change to Bluebird? Let

everyone save
face and all?

Jo

Good idea, helps maintain BB's faith in the herbalist and maybe stop
her from recommending garlic for cats in the future.

That would be a good idea, but I don't have any idea how to get in touch
with her. For that matter, I don't even know her name. BB has told me
her first name, and I've forgotten that. I don't think I ever knew her
last name. Being 2,000 miles or so away makes it difficult. I do
appreciate the suggestion, though.

Joy

Old September 26th 03, 08:20 AM
Yoj

"GraceCat" wrote in message
"Yoj" wrote in message

I will pass on what I can of your message. I have my own doubts

about
the herbalist, although I think she's sincere.

I had an herbalist before she married and relocated. She was an
advocate for the medical profession, she had a hysterectomy towards
the last of when I visited her. I also believe herbalism works
miracles but... maybe a gentle reminder to Bluebird that she needs to
contact a holistic vet, or holistic website to verify her herbalist's
suggestion might work. I don't begrudge Bluebird's new approach, and
it's possible a holistric treatment might actually prolong Little
Bit's life it can be difficult enough to prescribe herbs for us, much
less our furred children. I can name at least five different commonly
used herbs off the top of my head that should be on a no-no list for
pregnant women .

I know Bluebird is grasping at straws. In fact, if it can give her
hope, I'll say good things about the herbalist for just that reason.
Our friend has come too far to be so sad now.

Thank you for being so understanding, Grace, and thanks to everybody for
caring.

I had an e-mail in which BB said she considers this group to be her
family, and she can feel the love that comes from here.

Joy

Word from BlueBird Yoj Cat anecdotes 5 September 18th 03 04:25 AM
Another BlueBird message Yoj Cat anecdotes 20 September 8th 03 02:31 AM