OT "I peench"

Old April 22nd 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT "I peench"

Has anyone else seen these Honda Element commercials where the vehicle
makes small talk with some little animal? I've seen a platypus, an
opossum, and a crab, and I must say, the crab rules. It's just one of
those very odd, silly things that crack me up for reasons I just don't
know. But really, what is not funny about a little crab with some
kind of weird accent who says "I peench!" and "I want to peench!"?

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 22nd 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Obviously, it's not seen over the pond.

But really, what is not funny about a little crab with some
kind of weird accent who says "I peench!" and "I want to peench!"?

It would have amused me too. However I could have said "You peench me? You
see this saucepan of boiling water?"
Only joking. I don't eat crab.

Tweed

Old April 22nd 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-22 14:01:26 -0500, Kreisleriana said:

Has anyone else seen these Honda Element commercials where the vehicle
makes small talk with some little animal? I've seen a platypus, an
opossum, and a crab, and I must say, the crab rules. It's just one of
those very odd, silly things that crack me up for reasons I just don't
know. But really, what is not funny about a little crab with some
kind of weird accent who says "I peench!" and "I want to peench!"?

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

I've only seen the opossum and yes, it is amusing. The other commercial
today that was overplayed, but still made me laugh everytime I saw it
was the Secret ad with Danica Patrick challenging all these little boys
at a race car driving game in an arcade. It's just....funny. "So, you
thinking about being a race car driver when you grow up?" "No." "Good.
You shouldn't.". Her delivery is great.

Old April 23rd 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 21:29:23 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
.. .

Obviously, it's not seen over the pond.

But really, what is not funny about a little crab with some
kind of weird accent who says "I peench!" and "I want to peench!"?

It would have amused me too. However I could have said "You peench me? You
see this saucepan of boiling water?"
Only joking. I don't eat crab.

Well, actually, that's pretty much how it ends. The Honda says "I've
got a tongs and some melted butter," and the crab scurries away
(sideways), saying "No peench, no peench!"

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 23rd 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

It would have amused me too. However I could have said "You
peench me? You see this saucepan of boiling water?"

Well, actually, that's pretty much how it ends. The Honda says "I've
got a tongs and some melted butter," and the crab scurries away
(sideways), saying "No peench, no peench!"

OK, but I'm still trying to understand why a crab would *want* to
pinch a car in the first place...

Joyce
Old April 23rd 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
Well, he "peenches" because he's a crab, I suppose. What I want to
know is why he has an accent.

Probably the same reason that the shrimp had an accent in Finding
Nemo. Voila, he is clean!

Old April 23rd 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-22, Karen penned:

I've only seen the opossum and yes, it is amusing. The other
commercial today that was overplayed, but still made me laugh
everytime I saw it was the Secret ad with Danica Patrick challenging
all these little boys at a race car driving game in an arcade. It's
just....funny. "So, you thinking about being a race car driver when
you grow up?" "No." "Good. You shouldn't.". Her delivery is great.

I only saw this one for the first time a couple of days ago, and I
absolutely *love* it.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 23rd 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes