Waffles & Pickles

Old December 24th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Waffles & Pickles

Every so often, Waffles will straddle Pickles and appear to be biting her
neck. I'm not sure if it's a hangover from pre-snip days, or if it's just a
domination thing. He has done this when she was sitting on my lap, but
sometimes it doesn't seem to have anything to do with me, or with jealousy.
She usually just stands or lies there until he moves, so I don't interfere.
It bothers me a little, though.

--
Joy

(Select whatever is appropriate) Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy
Holidays, Merry Mandelbrot, Happy Winter Solstice, Happy Kwanzaa and Happy
New Year to all!

Old December 24th 09, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Joy" wrote:
Every so often, Waffles will straddle Pickles and appear to be biting her
neck. I'm not sure if it's a hangover from pre-snip days, or if it's just a
domination thing. He has done this when she was sitting on my lap, but
sometimes it doesn't seem to have anything to do with me, or with jealousy.
She usually just stands or lies there until he moves, so I don't interfere.
It bothers me a little, though.

Well, Pickles *is* an extremely attractive kitty. I've seen Buster
do this to Dot once or twice, and they get along ok, so as long as it
doesn't happen often enough to upset her, I wouldn't worry.

I never saw Dot and Buster do that when they *weren't* getting along,
so in a very odd way, maybe it's a good sign?!
Old December 24th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Dec 23, 7:58*pm, "Joy" wrote:
Every so often, Waffles will straddle Pickles and appear to be biting her
neck. *I'm not sure if it's a hangover from pre-snip days, or if it's just a
domination thing. *He has done this when she was sitting on my lap, but
sometimes it doesn't seem to have anything to do with me, or with jealousy.

This used to happen with Winnie (RB) and Sunrise.

She usually just stands or lies there until he moves,

Were they married at one time?

--
Will in New Haven

Old December 24th 09, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Joy" wrote:
Every so often, Waffles will straddle Pickles and appear to be biting her
neck. I'm not sure if it's a hangover from pre-snip days, or if it's just
domination thing. He has done this when she was sitting on my lap, but
sometimes it doesn't seem to have anything to do with me, or with
jealousy.
She usually just stands or lies there until he moves, so I don't
interfere.
It bothers me a little, though.

Well, Pickles *is* an extremely attractive kitty. I've seen Buster
do this to Dot once or twice, and they get along ok, so as long as it
doesn't happen often enough to upset her, I wouldn't worry.

I never saw Dot and Buster do that when they *weren't* getting along,
so in a very odd way, maybe it's a good sign?!

Maybe so. I know at least once he did it when he wanted her to get off my
lap so he could be there. I wouldn't mind having them both on my lap at the
same time, but he has made it clear he won't tolerate that. I'm not sure
whether or not Pickles would, or if she's just cooperating with him, most of
the time.

Actually, I don't know how long I could take having them both on my lap at
once. My legs start going to sleep after a while with just one of them
there. Having 30 pounds of cat there at the same time might cripple me
completely. ;-)

Joy

Old December 24th 09, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Dec 23, 7:58 pm, "Joy" wrote:
Every so often, Waffles will straddle Pickles and appear to be biting her
neck. I'm not sure if it's a hangover from pre-snip days, or if it's just a
domination thing. He has done this when she was sitting on my lap, but
sometimes it doesn't seem to have anything to do with me, or with jealousy.

This used to happen with Winnie (RB) and Sunrise.

She usually just stands or lies there until he moves,

Were they married at one time?

--
Will in New Haven

snork You need to get me a new keyboard! G

Teddy and Wu have a 'game' they play, called tickle me. Wu will look at
Ted, then Ted runs over to him, pin him down and play bite him on his
belly, legs and sides. Wu yells and fusses, but doesn't try to fight
back other than to push Ted away when he has had enough. It sorta
reminds me of a big brother/little brother tickle session. They usually
go on until the youngster yells enough, or mom gets after them!

Mishi
PS: Teddy is a tuxie, and Wu is black w/long hair.
Old December 24th 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Joy" wrote in message

Every so often, Waffles will straddle Pickles and appear to be biting
her neck. I'm not sure if it's a hangover from pre-snip days, or if
it's just a domination thing. He has done this when she was sitting
on my lap, but sometimes it doesn't seem to have anything to do with
me, or with jealousy. She usually just stands or lies there until he
moves, so I don't interfere. It bothers me a little, though.

Suki & Pickle do that to each other and they are both ex-boys (even if I
refer to Suki as a girl), litter mates, and usually best buds. I figure its
just a domination thing, and has nothing to do with the urge to procreate.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old December 24th 09, 08:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Joy" wrote in message

Every so often, Waffles will straddle Pickles and appear to be biting
her neck. I'm not sure if it's a hangover from pre-snip days, or if
it's just a domination thing. He has done this when she was sitting
on my lap, but sometimes it doesn't seem to have anything to do with
me, or with jealousy. She usually just stands or lies there until he
moves, so I don't interfere. It bothers me a little, though.

Suki & Pickle do that to each other and they are both ex-boys (even if I
refer to Suki as a girl), litter mates, and usually best buds. I figure
its just a domination thing, and has nothing to do with the urge to
procreate.

Yowie

Yes, I suspect you're right.

Old December 24th 09, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Joy wrote:
Every so often, Waffles will straddle Pickles and appear to be biting her
neck. I'm not sure if it's a hangover from pre-snip days, or if it's just a
domination thing. He has done this when she was sitting on my lap, but
sometimes it doesn't seem to have anything to do with me, or with jealousy.
She usually just stands or lies there until he moves, so I don't interfere.
It bothers me a little, though.

Caliban does it to Miranda all the time. He likes to think he dominates
her.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Waffles and Pickles - Day 6 Joy Cat anecdotes 2 February 8th 09 12:48 AM
Met a Waffles look-a-like wafflycat[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 October 23rd 08 10:08 PM
Another Waffles Magic Mood Jeep[_3_] Cat anecdotes 2 October 9th 08 10:11 PM
Waffles wafflycat Cat anecdotes 23 January 25th 06 03:52 AM
Waffles, help me! Marina Cat anecdotes 6 April 6th 05 05:51 PM