Swollen Glands!! HELP!

Old April 19th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
doneanddonner

Default Swollen Glands!! HELP!

Hi! how are you? I am a new cat owner, we have 2 kittens (well they are about
10 months old now) and they both recently went to the vet at the same time to
get neutered!!! About 2 days after their surgery i noticed that one of that
cats had a swollen gland underneath his armpit.. the next day i checked both
of them again and they both had a swollen gland underneath each arm pit. I am
worried. Does anyone have an idea? Should i be worrying or is it something
that cats get? PLEASE HELP!
Steph

Old April 19th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

doneanddonner wrote:
Hi! how are you? I am a new cat owner, we have 2 kittens (well they are about
10 months old now) and they both recently went to the vet at the same time to
get neutered!!! About 2 days after their surgery i noticed that one of that
cats had a swollen gland underneath his armpit.. the next day i checked both
of them again and they both had a swollen gland underneath each arm pit. I am
worried. Does anyone have an idea? Should i be worrying or is it something
that cats get? PLEASE HELP!
Steph

It could well be some sort of an infection, be it viral, fungal or
parasitic. Whatever it is, it's not something that occurs after
neutering; its post-surgical manifestation is coincidental, ISTM. Best
take them back to the vet to get checked out. HTH.
Old April 20th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
doneanddonner

Noon Cat Nick wrote:
Hi! how are you? I am a new cat owner, we have 2 kittens (well they are about
10 months old now) and they both recently went to the vet at the same time to

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
that cats get? PLEASE HELP!
Steph

It could well be some sort of an infection, be it viral, fungal or
parasitic. Whatever it is, it's not something that occurs after
neutering; its post-surgical manifestation is coincidental, ISTM. Best
take them back to the vet to get checked out. HTH.

Thank you so much! You've been a great help!
I'll make an appointment for next week!
Cheers
Steph