Smudgie is Lost!

Old July 1st 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

Default Smudgie is Lost!

I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening Smudgie
chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has never been out of
the garden before so I am super worried. I have been walking the streets
calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. She is scared of
strangers so will not approach anyone for help. I have put leaflets thru
doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so worried and am hoping the "power of
the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

Old July 1st 10, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 1, 9:40*am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening Smudgie
chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. *She has never been out of
the garden before so I am super worried. *I have been walking the streets
calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. *She is scared of
strangers so will not approach anyone for help. *I have put leaflets thru
doors and on lamp posts etc. *I am so worried and am hoping the "power of
the purrs" will help guide her home.

I am sending a message home so that the purr patrol at our house will
set to work at once. Although the word "work" deeply offends the cats,
so I don't use it when talking to them.

Get home Smudge.

--
Will in New Haven

Old July 1st 10, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:40:17 +0100, Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening
Smudgie chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has never
been out of the garden before so I am super worried. I have been
walking the streets calling her name and shaking her food box but no
luck. She is scared of strangers so will not approach anyone for help.
I have put leaflets thru doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so worried
and am hoping the "power of the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

We're sending our best GYFBH purrs.

Do you have a decent photo of her you could use to put a poster together?
Having posters on telephone poles around the neighborhood was what lead
to us getting our Sammy back a couple years ago. And don't forget that
she's probably really close by.

Dan
Old July 1st 10, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 1, 8:40*am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening Smudgie
chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. *She has never been out of
the garden before so I am super worried. *I have been walking the streets
calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. *She is scared of
strangers so will not approach anyone for help. *I have put leaflets thru
doors and on lamp posts etc. *I am so worried and am hoping the "power of
the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

Oh, Sharon, I hope he turns up soon. I know you're worried sick.
The only thing that comes to mind right now that might be helpful
is to "look low." Sometimes they hear you call but are too scared
to come out. He could be hiding in shrubbery.
Mega, mega purrs on the way.

Sherry
Old July 1st 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Smudgie is Lost! - Ping Mark

GYFBH purrs are coming over in five part harmony.

Ping Mark, I know whenever a cat goes missing we have numbers of posts with
good ideas of finding the missing miscreant. What do you think about
putting a page on the FAQ that has all those suggestions and we can just
point the frantic slave there rather than trying to remember all the tips
over and over again?

I have to admit I haven't been to every sub page on the site, but just like
Bereavement, and Health Issues, maybe we could put together a page for lost
cats? [Don't you love it when people "volunteer" you with their good ideas
;). I know you've been busy, but if we put together all the tips here with
a special subject (like the FTV) stories, I could put it all together in
HTML (sorry. I know *nothing* about blog programming).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 1st 10, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message
I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening
Smudgie chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has never
been out of the garden before so I am super worried. I have been walking
the streets calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. She is
scared of strangers so will not approach anyone for help. I have put
leaflets thru doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so worried and am hoping
the "power of the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

We are purring and praying for all were worth!
Karla

Old July 1st 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 1 July, 14:40, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please.

Smudgie GYFBH!

Purrs on the way- lots of loud rumbly ones from Sarsi and quieter but
no less sincere ones from Dunzi (we say she's so small she hasn't got
the lung capacity for louder purrs- most of her is taken up by
stomach!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 1st 10, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in

I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening
Smudgie chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has
never been out of the garden before so I am super worried. I have
been walking the streets calling her name and shaking her food box but
no luck. She is scared of strangers so will not approach anyone for
help. I have put leaflets thru doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so
worried and am hoping the "power of the purrs" will help guide her
home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

Oh how I hate to see these posts :-(

Purrs on the way.

Bobble
Old July 1st 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

"Bobble" wrote in message
"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in

I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening
Smudgie chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has
never been out of the garden before so I am super worried. I have
been walking the streets calling her name and shaking her food box but
no luck. She is scared of strangers so will not approach anyone for
help. I have put leaflets thru doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so
worried and am hoping the "power of the purrs" will help guide her
home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

Oh how I hate to see these posts :-(

Purrs on the way.

Bobble

Thank you so much everyone. I have put up posters all around the estate
where I live and through doors of the nearest houses. I am frantic as
Smudgie isn't the brightest of cats .... fell off the fence into the garden
next door last year and didn't know how to get home! I will go out and walk
the streets again when it gets dark and call her. I have all these awful
visions going through my head and she will be hungry by now.

Sharon - sad but hopeful!

Old July 1st 10, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut[_2_]

[...]

Make sure you check all the local shelters. How about an ad in the
local paper??

Prayers on the way to you for Smudgie's safe and quick return home.

Don't give up hope!!