Better news fur Diana & Ryan

Old March 31st 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Default Better news fur Diana & Ryan

On Monday 31 March 2008 09:49, Will in New Haven wrote:

On Mar 30, 8:16Â*pm, Fred Williams wrote:
Hihi Kitties,
OK,... I was ready early, on purpose, to take Diana to the foster
home and I thought we'd spend some time together. Â*I lay on the bed
and Diana came right to me and lay on my chest and then stomache and
we purred together for half an hour or more and said goodbye.
Then it went well getting her out of the house, except when I forgot
the address and had to climb back up the stairs. Â*Diana got a little
car sick but not too bad and the foster home where she is staying is
like cat heaven. Â*She will be in a third floor loft they all the
dance studio which is nice and warm and Diana loves to be warm. Â*It
has windows and places where she can watch all sorts of urban
wildlife in the trees around her. Â*But of course she will be alone
except for the orange Tom downstairs, separated by a door for the
time being. It all went much more easily than I thought. Â*I actually
felt not too bad as I left her and drove home. Â*They are good cat
people and I can tell they will be gentle with her, as she has become
accustomed to. Then I get home and there is an email telling me that
an ex-rpcc member has a place for both Ryan and Diana!!! Â*Wow!
Downside it that it's several hundred miles away, OK, can overcome
that, AND it's with a cat rescue person I've never heard of who has
43 cats already in her 2500 sq ft home. Â*Hmmmmmm. Â*Would this be a
kindness for my two children? Â*I have talked to her by phone and she
seems like a wonderful cat person and is totally dedicated to these
animals, but I don't know if it would be wise. Â*They get to be
together, and really together with a lot of other cats, and it might
be nice for them or it might be like a three ring circus.
What do kitties think? Â*Is it a good deal?
Should I give the current solution a chance? Â*I'm undecided yet, and
advise from kitties here would be helpful.

Frum wut Stacey anna Lucy sez it wooks wike a slam dunk too tak dem
too wiv wiff all da uvver kittees. Da Plas Diana iss at neow iz nis
butted dey cud bee togevver ann meet all doz nis kittees at da
wunnerful cat-ladeez plac.

It does look good. I have a small concern about what happens to the
cats if, Heaven forbid, anything should happen to the cat lady. Also,
since it is a foster home, what do they, (probably Abbey Cat), do in
the way of guaranteeing that a home they adopt a kitty to is safe.
Here in Ottawa the cat rescue network people require an adopter to sign
a contract guaranteeing a number of things; that the cats won't be
harmed or abused, that they won't be expeimented on, and that if the
adopter ever wants to get rid of the cat, they must return it to the
network. This prevents abuse of the cat by proxy. They also charge
the adopter with a good fee which makes it expensive for animal
experimenters as well. Then they do followups to make sure the
contract is being adhered to.
That level of security makes things pretty safe for the cat. If they
have some care in this area, then it's a good thing.
I have another trusted person whom I haven't heard back from yet, so I
haven't made my final decision, but it looks good for this effort in
keeping the cats together.

--
Regards,
Fred
Old March 31st 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stacey

In article IbCdnbGjF4OOn2zanZ2dnUVZ_vamnZ2d@vianet, Fred Williams says...

[...]

If you go to the How to Adopt and contact info page you can see that the
potential cat person is interviewed and has to fill out a form. There was no
link to the form and it looks like you have to contact a foster person in order
to get it.

Stacey

Old March 31st 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Monday 31 March 2008 13:12, Stacey wrote:

[...]

Yes, I know that. But it's not a "contract."... or is it and if so
I'll check out what it says. I'll contact them when I'm ready to
transport the cats. It looks like that is where they'll be going.
There are just a few loose ends I have to tie up first on this end.

Old March 31st 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Willow thinking, Maybeee on da wayz to take da cats where dey can b e
togetfer, yuou kud drop Unkle Bill off at a sheepz dog plaze for a hairz
kut.
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Mar 30, 8:16 pm, Fred Williams wrote:
Hihi Kitties,
OK,... I was ready early, on purpose, to take Diana to the foster home
and I thought we'd spend some time together. I lay on the bed and
Diana came right to me and lay on my chest and then stomache and we
purred together for half an hour or more and said goodbye.
Then it went well getting her out of the house, except when I forgot
the address and had to climb back up the stairs. Diana got a little
car sick but not too bad and the foster home where she is staying is
like cat heaven. She will be in a third floor loft they all the dance
studio which is nice and warm and Diana loves to be warm. It has
windows and places where she can watch all sorts of urban wildlife in
the trees around her. But of course she will be alone except for the
orange Tom downstairs, separated by a door for the time being.
It all went much more easily than I thought. I actually felt not too
bad as I left her and drove home. They are good cat people and I can
tell they will be gentle with her, as she has become accustomed to.
Then I get home and there is an email telling me that an ex-rpcc member
has a place for both Ryan and Diana!!! Wow! Downside it that it's
several hundred miles away, OK, can overcome that, AND it's with a cat
rescue person I've never heard of who has 43 cats already in her 2500
sq ft home. Hmmmmmm. Would this be a kindness for my two children? I
have talked to her by phone and she seems like a wonderful cat person
and is totally dedicated to these animals, but I don't know if it would
be wise. They get to be together, and really together with a lot of
other cats, and it might be nice for them or it might be like a three
ring circus.
What do kitties think? Is it a good deal?
Should I give the current solution a chance? I'm undecided yet, and
advise from kitties here would be helpful.

Frum wut Stacey anna Lucy sez it wooks wike a slam dunk too tak dem
too wiv wiff all da uvver kittees. Da Plas Diana iss at neow iz nis
butted dey cud bee togevver ann meet all doz nis kittees at da
wunnerful cat-ladeez plac.

--
Maggy May an WooToo
"Messuge to Uncl Bill: Get yourown hairscut"

--
Regards,
Fred, HC.

Old March 31st 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Fred, don't look too long at the forest or you won't see the trees. It is a
solution and since someone knows this person what you have to decide is
alone, separate or together. The door for this choice may not be open too
long. I know it isn't easy.

Old April 1st 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Monday 31 March 2008 13:44, Granby wrote:

Fred, don't look too long at the forest or you won't see the trees.
It is a solution and since someone knows this person what you have to
decide is
alone, separate or together. The door for this choice may not be open
too
long. I know it isn't easy.

It is staring to look like that is the way to go. The more I talk
about this with people, the stranger it seems the way things have gone
down. We can get them settled in their new foster home and things will
be better.

Diana is home!!!

I just went and got her after having another chat with Heather and
making sure the new situation will be OK for her. There are so many
cats there, but she deals with it so well. The more I talked to people
about the situation here in Ottawa with this network, the more I
realized that the woman running it was a little off centre. Now I had
never signed any release forms for custody of the cat, so technically I
was still Diana's onetrueservant, but I didn't know to what extent this
woman would contest that.
Well in these circumstances you blow things up in your mind and I was
worried that I might not get Diana back and there'd be legal problems
and I was working out what injuctions I might get and remembering that
I still had Diana's medical records going back 4 years.
In the final analysis, I showed up and the lovely people who were
looking after her gave her right back to me and the carrier and the
food I had left for her as well.

Fred, HC (:-))

I had a venchur!!! Fred tuk me to dis place and it didn't have him or
Ryan, but it was warm and there were windows and places to explore,
although I was a little sick in the car from the motion. Then there he
was again to take me home and the first thing I did when I got home was
to look for Ryan and we wentted nose to nose! Then walked around wif
our tails in da air.
Now I've used the litter bocks and had sum supper and effurrything is
back to normal.

Diana fur her house.

Old April 1st 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

[...]

I'm THRILLED! I bet it's a happy evening at your house!

I'd be skeptical of anyone else with 43 cats, but ... the difference is
Heather. Heather is filled with love for every one of those cats, and I
think they are lucky kitties to have landed with her.

Julie
Old April 1st 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

What a wonderful sounding woman
Bless her heart. Well, knowing that, hey Fred, I think...
well. now that you have some 'positive' references about this woman...
it will make your decision much easier
Thank you Julie
Hug
Kyla

((HUG!)) I think the cats will do great there. If they get scared,
Heather will have her eye on things and will give them the reassurance
they need.

Julie
Old April 1st 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory[_2_]

On Mar 31, 9:07*pm, Lucy wrote:
[...]

Stupid question, mayhap, but is that Heather Paque sp? you're
referring to?

--- Unca Cory
Old April 1st 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

I'm THRILLED! I bet it's a happy evening at your house!

I'd be skeptical of anyone else with 43 cats, but ... the difference is
Heather. Heather is filled with love for every one of those cats, and I
think they are lucky kitties to have landed with her.

Julie

Stupid question, mayhap, but is that Heather Paque sp? you're
referring to?

--- Unca Cory

No, it's Heather Rennie.

Julie