Shrekking All the Way (a movie review)

Old May 31st 04, 12:34 AM
Tanada

Default Shrekking All the Way (a movie review)

Usually a movie sequel is not as good as the original. Shrek 2 is one
of the exceptions. We went to see it Friday night and are still talking
about the movie.

Princess Fiona's parents find out that she has married and invite her
and her new hubby (donkey has to tag along as well) to the kingdom of
"Far Far Away" to meet their new son-in-law and give the marriage their
blessing. Needless to say, Shrek is not who they had in mind. The
resulting misunderstandings, animosity, and mix-ups are what makes the
movie a must see.

The animation, cast, and crew did a beautiful job of bringing this slimy
green tale to life. However, I did find one bone to pick with the
director, producer etc. The music wasn't as good as in Shrek. There is
a performance of "Holding Out For A Hero" (originally done by Bonnie
Tyler) that stands out, but other than that, I thought the music was
generic and listless. I'm hoping that Shrek 3, still in production,
will be more dynamic, and produce the high quality soundtrack that the
original Shrek is noted for.

Don't miss this one. Antonio Bandaras at Puss in Boots is hilarious,
the dynamic between him and Donkey is a reminder of sibling rivalry at
it's best/worst, as is the dynamic between Shrek and Fiona's father.

We are definitely planning on buying the DVD when it comes out. I think
it will be one of the stand-outs of what looks to be an outstanding
summer for movies.

Pam S. already budgeting the money for:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban
Spiderman II
The Terminal
Shark Tale
Troy
Van Helsing
and more

Old May 31st 04, 01:53 AM
Yoj

I think Shrek 2 was even better than the original. It was jam-packed
full of puns, parodies and references to so many things I can't remember
most of them. I had an Aussie visitor who went with me to see it, and
we both laughed our heads off. I did have to explain the white Bronco
reference, but she "got" the rest of the humor. I never notice the
music in movies unless it drowns out the dialog, so I don't know whether
I'd agree about that, but I plan to get the DVD too.

--
Joy

Some minds are like concrete, thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

ink.net...

Old May 31st 04, 01:58 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old May 31st 04, 01:58 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old May 31st 04, 01:58 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old May 31st 04, 05:43 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 30 May 2004 23:34:26 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Snip
Don't miss this one. Antonio Bandaras at Puss in Boots is hilarious,
the dynamic between him and Donkey is a reminder of sibling rivalry at
it's best/worst, as is the dynamic between Shrek and Fiona's father.

I saw a promo of Puss in Boots coughing up a hariball - hilarious
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old May 31st 04, 05:43 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 30 May 2004 23:34:26 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Snip
Don't miss this one. Antonio Bandaras at Puss in Boots is hilarious,
the dynamic between him and Donkey is a reminder of sibling rivalry at
it's best/worst, as is the dynamic between Shrek and Fiona's father.

I saw a promo of Puss in Boots coughing up a hariball - hilarious
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

[OT] Soccer Movie Question Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 5 January 13th 04 04:57 PM
LOTR3 Yowie Cat anecdotes 84 January 6th 04 10:20 PM
"Ghost Cat" movie Dan Mahoney Cat anecdotes 20 November 24th 03 03:48 PM
Garfield the movie John Biltz Cat anecdotes 6 November 8th 03 08:00 AM