Pet Zoom, Product review

Old May 5th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Pet Zoom, Product review

You've probably seen it on TV ads, especially at night, a pet groomer that
is supposed to remove loose under-hair, dirt, and tangles. Suggested value
at $79.95 but as a special TV offer you can get it at only $9.95. (Have you
ever wondered where they get the suggested values for their products? Me
too.)

Well I saw a Pet Zoom at Wal-Mart priced at the stated $9.95 and picked one
up, figuring that if it didn't work on the pets, it might work on my thatch.
Well, guess what, I won't get to use it for me. The animals love it.
Merlin rubs his cheek against it. Miss Calico Girl not only rubs her cheek
against it but lifts into elevator butt mode and jerks her head back and
forth in ecstasy. Speedy groans and moans with happiness. and these are
the short haired members of the clowder. QC will roll over so that one can
groom her tummy. Hermione, who is a professional burr collector, looses her
burrs with out a complaint.

How well does it work? VERY Speedy looks much sleeker and is not shedding
all over the living room as much as before. QC is currently tangle free. I
removed enough loose under-hair/fur from MCG that I could have donated fur
for a skein of yarn. MCG has the shortest fur of the lot and the hardest to
brush without getting polite complaints.

So, before Mandy Lynn and Mike move to Seattle with my grand kittens next
month, I need to get them a Pet Zoom. I also need to get one for me as
Mandy Kae has mine in protective custody in her room and won't let me have
it back. She says I might lose it. Sigh. Huey really could use a good Pet
Zooming and I can't get to the Zoomer.

Pam S.

Old May 5th 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Good to know! I'm always looking for something to groom Sammy with (she's
the only one that really *needs* it badly, and the only one that will take
your arm off if you try to brush her even lightly much less hard enough to
get the mats out of). Next time at Wal-Mart I'll keep an eye out for it.
Thanks!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 6th 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Tue, 05 May 2009 16:23:04 -0500, CatEyes wrote:

Next time at Wal-Mart I'll keep an eye out for it.

Ours (a super center) doesn't seem to have it ... at least not in the pet
area.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old May 6th 09, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

if you mean the zoom groom mine love it, between that and the furminator, we
are almost getting the fur in the air under control, Lee

Old May 6th 09, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On May 5, 5:53*pm, Ted Davis wrote:
On Tue, 05 May 2009 16:23:04 -0500, CatEyes wrote:
*Next time at Wal-Mart I'll keep an eye out for it.

Ours (a super center) doesn't seem to have it ... at least not in the pet
area.

They would probably be near the front of the store, usually on an
endcap between registers (at least it's that way here, Col., Ut.,
Nv). Just ask one of the employees if they have an "as seen on tv"
area.

Old May 6th 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On May 5, 5:53 pm, Ted Davis wrote:
On Tue, 05 May 2009 16:23:04 -0500, CatEyes wrote:
Next time at Wal-Mart I'll keep an eye out for it.

Ours (a super center) doesn't seem to have it ... at least not in the pet
area.

They would probably be near the front of the store, usually on an
endcap between registers (at least it's that way here, Col., Ut.,
Nv). Just ask one of the employees if they have an "as seen on tv"
area.

=================

Yep, that's where I got my "PediPaws" from.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 7th 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Stormmee" wrote in message
if you mean the zoom groom mine love it, between that and the furminator,
we are almost getting the fur in the air under control, Lee

Nope, this is literally called the Pet Zoom. The opinions of my clowder on
the zoom groom are mixed. Some hate it a lot, some hate it a little, and
the rest like it. Huey is the only one who really doesn't like the Pet
Zoom, and, of course, he is the one we need it for the most. He let me
groom him with it, but he also growled, rolled, and dived at the grooming
end and bit it. Tanada complained, but made sure that I could get all those
pesky loose hair on her back. Merlin still loves it, as do Pine Cone, QC,
and Hermione.

Pam S.

Old May 8th 09, 09:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I will have to check this one, so far some of mine tolerate the furminator
but none are crazy about it, some love the zoom groom... then there is
stormmee, and she dispises if i the substandard hoomin touches her, she
tolerates either from DH,

Lee

Old May 20th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Stormmee" wrote in message
if you mean the zoom groom mine love it, between that and the furminator,
we are almost getting the fur in the air under control, Lee

Nope, this is literally called the Pet Zoom. The opinions of my clowder
on the zoom groom are mixed. Some hate it a lot, some hate it a little,
and the rest like it. Huey is the only one who really doesn't like the
Pet Zoom, and, of course, he is the one we need it for the most. He let
me groom him with it, but he also growled, rolled, and dived at the
grooming end and bit it. Tanada complained, but made sure that I could
get all those pesky loose hair on her back. Merlin still loves it, as do
Pine Cone, QC, and Hermione.

I thought you meant the Zoom Groom and was a bit worried about how much it
was supposed to cost!
So how does the Pet Zoom differ from the Zoom Groom? Can you describe how
it works?
Boyfie rarely needs grooming as he keeps himself pristine and always looks
nice but I got it out today because he was fed at 9 a.m. and was moaning
that he was starving at 3.15 p.m. Every time I got up from my chair he
rushed to his bowl and I told him "no, not yet" - he does understand that
but he is such a greedy cat that sometimes he will not take no for an
answer. He kept miaowing and headbutting me like I could not notice he was
about to expire through malnutrition.
So after about the 4th time when I had to go into the kitchen, I just got
out the Zoom Groom when he went to his bowl, and groomed him with it. He
has never particularly liked being groomed and I did not want to reinforce
his idea that if keeps on and on I will give him more food than I know he
needs.
He accepted the Zoom Groom very well, rolled around amiably when I was
running the rubber fingers through his fur - and I got quite a lot out
because I guess he's doing his spring shedding. It will save him from some
hairballs.
He sat outside afterwards with a confused look. He was expecting me to feed
him again but got groomed instead. I doubt he will try that again ;-)
He does not know I have a lot of experience with manipulative dogs.
Every time he tries wailing about "more food" which he doesn't need as he is
plenty chunky already, he will get groomed which is good for him, but not
what he intends.
I did give him a nice treaty very small tin after he was groomed. It was
one of Kitty's. He ate it and still went out into the garden in a huge huff
that I had not understood that he needs to eat far more often and much nicer
things.
I understand perfectly well that he has a huge appetite and would easily get
obese if I let him, but I won't. "He" does not understand why he cannot eat
what he wants, when he wants.
He has no medical issues. He does not have worms. He's just very, very
greedy.
The idea of grooming him when he keeps asking for more food which he does
not need will stop when he realises he is not going to get more.

It is not what he wants, of course, he appeals to my soft side by insisting
he is so hungry. He is not. He has plenty. If I took him to the vet he
would say it wouldn't hurt for him to lose a couple of pounds.
He isn't fat but overwintering on the sofa in bad weather needs him to get
out more. Which he is and he will soon be lean and fit.
He caught a small mowsie yesterday morning. He brought it back to the house
to see if I wanted it. I said "no, thank you. I've just had some toast."
So he ate it himself.

Tweed

Old May 20th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Stormmee" wrote in message
[...]

The pet zoom in a brush with retractable (self cleaning) bristles. I
paid half that for a similar brush last year and the cats love it.

Kayla and I got a furminator for Christmas, and it is wonderful. It
doesn't stop her shedding all over everything, but does cut down on it
by about 2/3. The cats like it too, but it seems to take too much fur
off them.

Jo

Zoom Groom... Christine K Cat anecdotes 11 June 3rd 08 02:13 PM
Zoom Groom Adrian A Cat anecdotes 5 May 25th 06 04:00 PM
Zoom Groom MaryL Cat health & behaviour 0 August 19th 05 11:26 AM
Zoom Groom Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 April 17th 05 04:08 PM
Zoom Groom Enfilade Cat anecdotes 6 April 13th 05 04:50 PM