Need links!

Old April 20th 05, 03:10 AM
CatNipped

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

Seanette:

"I just don't have the energy to fight hopeless battles. Megan, shut up."

Lyn (~L~):
"*WHAT* is THAT all about?"

Thanks Annie, I'm out of it now, but as I told Sherry, I would really
appreciate equal treatment for *anyone* who is out of line, not just me. It
may sound childish, but it is hurtful for be singled out for something when
I am responding in a milder manner than what I was responding to.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 20th 05, 03:19 AM

Jill Wrote:
Seanette's examples to the woman are falling on deaf ears. The woman

doesn't want to hear about the reasons not to declaw, period.
Sometimes you
simply cannot change people's minds. That's all Seanette was saying.

Jill

That one website with the photos is pretty compelling. It's hard to
believe someone who really loved cats could go through with the surgery
after seeing that one. I ought to knock on wood, because I hate to jinx
a good run, but to date, I have never have anyone I couldn't talk out
of declaw. Not that I was that convincing, all I did was explain and
hand them stuff I'd printed off the internet. It's just that the vast
majority of people who I crossed paths with who wanted to declaw just
didn't know anything about the surgery. They thought it was like
apermanent manicure or something. Once they understand it, there was no
question for them anymore. Good for Seanette for trying. I hope she's
able to convince them.

Sherry

Old April 20th 05, 03:27 AM
jmcquown

Jill Wrote:
[...]

I hope so. Persia came to me front declawed and it sort of breaks my heart
when she curls her little front "fingers" on me. She's such a lady I'm sure
she wouldn't use claws unless she was annoyed. But when she kneads my side
at night, or reclines on me when I'm reading and is feeling lovey, she purrs
up a storm and I feel her front paws curling. Fortunately, she has shown
*no* negative symptoms from the surgery but I can't stand to think about
what she went through as a kitten when they did that to her.

Jill

Old April 20th 05, 03:39 AM

Jill Wrote:
"I hope so. Persia came to me front declawed and it sort of breaks my
heart
when she curls her little front "fingers" on me. She's such a lady I'm
sure
she wouldn't use claws unless she was annoyed. But when she kneads my
side
at night, or reclines on me when I'm reading and is feeling lovey, she
purrs
up a storm and I feel her front paws curling. Fortunately, she has
shown
*no* negative symptoms from the surgery but I can't stand to think
about
what she went through as a kitten when they did that to her.

Jill

I didn't know Persia was declawed. I can't believe I missed that, as
long as I've been reading about her. It sounds like she is one of the
lucky ones in more ways than one. She probably doesn't have any
adverse affects or she wouldn't be so well-adjusted and sweet-natured
now.
Sherry

Old April 20th 05, 09:14 AM
-L.

jmcquown wrote:

Seanette's examples to the woman are falling on deaf ears. The woman
doesn't want to hear about the reasons not to declaw, period.

Sometimes you
simply cannot change people's minds. That's all Seanette was saying.

Jill

I get that now. I couldn't figure out what that had to do with Megan...

-L.