That Mean Old Bird

Old August 18th 04, 06:43 PM
Sherry

You could make sure you have no flies for the flycatcher to eat then he won't
come around. Do you have a compost pile? Smelly flowers? Trash cans with no
lids? I have litter boxes in my skunk cages and even though I clean them
three
times a day, there are still flies, drives me nuts.

Flycatchers are everywhere around here. The cows attract flies, too, and in the
summertime we pasture them here close to the house. That's probably why the
birds are hanging out here too.

Sherry

Old August 18th 04, 06:47 PM
Sherry

Some cats take a strong position on birds. One of the neighbours came home
to find a seagull on her bedroom bureau - quite alive.

Oh, my! What a surprise. That's precisely why DH won't let me install a cat
door. He has visions of us cleaning up / catching their victims. I wish we had
one. I keep telling him we could lock it when we're away.

Sherry

Old August 18th 04, 07:43 PM
O J

On 18 Aug, Sherry wrote:

Some cats take a strong position on birds. One of the neighbours came home
to find a seagull on her bedroom bureau - quite alive.

Oh, my! What a surprise. That's precisely why DH won't let me install a cat
door. He has visions of us cleaning up / catching their victims. I wish we had
one. I keep telling him we could lock it when we're away.

One thing about cat doors. Your kitty could be like my neighbor
Doris' cats. Meyer will use the door to go out, but not to come in.
His preferred method of entrance is to sit and meow till Doris lets
him in the human door. Her other cat, Tootie, prefers to be let out
manually, but will use the kitty door to come in.

Doris just figures that if you average the in and the outs, she's only
working half as hard as if she didn't have a cat door at all, so she
still comes out ahead.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old August 18th 04, 08:02 PM
Christina Websell

"Sherry " wrote in message
Some cats take a strong position on birds. One of the neighbours came

home
to find a seagull on her bedroom bureau - quite alive.

Oh, my! What a surprise. That's precisely why DH won't let me install a

cat
door. He has visions of us cleaning up / catching their victims. I wish we

had
one. I keep telling him we could lock it when we're away.

Sherry

It can certainly be a disadvantage letting cats have access in and out 24/7
preywise.
I have found half eaten rats, bird wings and I once slipped on a mouse's
head brought in overnight..

One evening, Boyfriend (who was just an apprentice at the time) brought in a
live mouse and proceeded to play with it in the kitchen. I wanted to take
it away from him but he wouldn't let me and kept turning his head away and
running off with it under the table.
Kitty FC watched from the fireside rug. In the end she got fed up with his
ineptitude, strolled over to him, boxed his ears and snatched the mouse from
his mouth.
CRUNCH. wipes hands That's how it's done, stupid child!

Tweed