Neresse's trip to the vet

Old December 22nd 03, 08:18 PM
Orchid

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 00:29:24 -0800, Dennis Carr
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:23:52 -0500, Orchid wrote:

WHAT?!?!?!?!? That's all? No titles, no features or traits
that you want to pass on to improve the breed? Nothing?

Well, since you asked, she had produced some beautifully spotted
and marbled kittens in the past.... =^^=

Pretty's not everything -- in fact, in the Bengal breed it's
fourth in importance. First being temperament, second being good
structural and genetic health, third being good conformation (adhering
to the Bengal breed standard) and last being pretty patterning.
As well, there's a difference between pretty patterning and
*good* patterning. Are your spotteds horizontally flowed? Vertically
flowed? Randomly flowed? Do you have good contrast, size, and
acreage? Rosettes? Are your marbles tri-coloured? Do they have good
chaining? Do they have the bulls-eye pattern?

I'll have to dig up the research, as we got her from another breeder down
the road, but she's birthed at least one prize winner to my recollection.

Yes, please do. I'd love to know who sold inexperienced
breeders a girl with breeding rights without mentoring.

Orchid
See Orchid's Kitties! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/bengalpage
Want a Purebred Cat? Read This! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/orchid
Old December 22nd 03, 08:18 PM
Orchid

wrote:

[...]

OT My Trip to Texas - long Bridget Cat anecdotes 10 December 8th 04 03:44 PM
Kitty Road Trip OU812? Cat anecdotes 4 July 12th 04 12:05 AM
The Trip Marina Cat anecdotes 10 July 1st 04 12:34 AM