RPCA History

Old August 31st 04, 12:52 PM
Yowie

Default RPCA History

You know you've been reading RPCA too long when.....

You can't remember the precise recipe for a yummy salad you used to make, so
you go to Google and do a search of RPCA and you find it back in a
troll-b-que thread back in 2000....

And then spend the next 2 hours walking down memory lane, reading the old
postings from back then. JEM was still alive and posting her wonderfully
creative rambling posts, Hazel Az was very active, as was our Gracie and
Julie Cook. The thread, being a troll-b-que and wandering off in various
tangents, was 160 odd posts long, going into books, Red Dwarf, whether
potato salad should be sweet or not, the differences in meaning of common
words in American versus Commonwealth English, a reference to sucking out
crawfish heads (a memorable occasion, that), church gatherings, weddings, US
geography & history, geneology, jello, watergate, small appliances,
photocopier repair, sleazy bars, elephant orchestras, a Mormon joke, the
plight of the Native American peoples, waitressing tips, lemonade, what the
best pickles are and how far we'll go to get them, pickled mushrooms,
pickled beets, coping with a deep frier, sending brown Australian rice to
Lena, lemon bars (whatever they are), steak sticks, how to prepare possums,
what a *real* hamburger is, polish sausage, losing weight (hahaha),
vermicilli cat toys, margaritas, the Porcelain God, and of course, a
passing reference ot cats.

Glad to see the group hasn't changed much in 4 years!

Yowie

---

Old August 31st 04, 01:37 PM
Jeanette

Yowie wrote in message
u...
[...]

And I remember that thread too!

Jeanette

Old August 31st 04, 02:21 PM
O J

On Tue, 31 Aug, Yowie wrote:

You know you've been reading RPCA too long when.....

---------------------snip----------------------

This post reminded me that I've only been here a relatively short
time. It hasn't been that long, but r.p.c.a feels like home to me.
Thank you everyone for your warmth and friendliness.

Regards and Hugs,
O J

Old August 31st 04, 04:33 PM
Marina

"Jeanette" wrote

And I remember that thread too!

Me too. )

I had to go back and read that thread, too. Googled for my first post, which
was on 6th October 2000, and very imaginatively entitled "Anecdote". ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 31st 04, 04:48 PM
lewe

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
[...]

Thanks for reminding me - I actually still do have some of the brown rice
you ended up sending me, think I'll have some tonight ...

Now that you mention it - actually t'is the season for "sucking out crawfish
heads" around theses parts ... which coinsides with the season for oh so
aromatic"surströmming" my personal favorite! (been a too long since there
was any talk about fermented herring around here ... )

=o)
Lena
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old August 31st 04, 06:16 PM
Bob M

Yowie wrote:

[...]

Oh my. I remember all that. I've been here since 1998 I think it was.

Bob
--
Takeoff is an option.
Landing is a must!

And in the end on wheels we will depend.