[OT] Eek! Apologies

Old January 7th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default [OT] Eek! Apologies

I did something really stupid! Back in late November, I created a second
account for myself at my ISP. And then I never checked it for any incoming
emails. Duh...

I had originally put automatic forwarding in the new account, so that all
emails arriving at the new account would be forwarded to my old one. That
way I'd get all my email in one place. But then I discovered an easy way
to read my mail at the new account, so I disabled the forwarding. And then
I never read email at the new account again!! Why, you ask? Because I forgot!

Today I decided to check the "new" (not so new anymore) account to see
if a particular email had arrived. Well, not only had that one arrived,
but 40 other ones were sitting in the queue as well, some from as far back
as early December. Whoops! And many of the emails were from folks on this
newsgroup.

So, the upshot is, if you sent email to the address in this post (minus
the X's) any time in the last month, and felt a bit miffed because I
never wrote back, now you know why. It's because I'm such a doofus I can't
even remember to check my email - and then have the gall to complain
that nobody writes to me!! Many apologies to any and all...

(It was fun suddenly getting all that email, though. )

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 7th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message
[...]

Sounds liek someting I'd do, Joyce. Don't worry about it. if it was urgent,
someone would have "PING"ed you in group :-)

Yowie

Old January 8th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I suddenly feel less alone, thanks for sharing... is exactly why DH and I
share one account with the cats and we just sort through and delete all the
Spam, neither of us would ever keep up, Lee

Old January 11th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

wrote
[...]

Because of enormous spam problems, I created a new account that checks
for spam and [allegedly] forwards mail. In practice, it forwards some
of the emails. So when I remember to check it, there are often emails
several weeks old there.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.org/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome

My Apologies to All jmcquown Cat anecdotes 57 December 7th 07 10:50 PM
[OT] Apologies Yowie Cat anecdotes 8 May 17th 07 02:59 PM
My Apologies to Everyone jmcquown Cat anecdotes 9 August 4th 06 03:05 PM
apologies... Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 5 June 5th 06 02:59 AM
Apologies ... cybercat Cat health & behaviour 0 May 17th 06 02:47 AM