Maximus

Old January 11th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Maximus

I have a cat named"Maximus" but we call him Max or Maxie. We gave him
this name because he is a very gentle, delicate cat and we thought
having a strong name would toughen him up. Didn't work. Maxie is the
most gentle and relaxed cat you would ever meet. The cat across the
road would come over and beat him up and he had no idea how to defend
himself. I rescued him so many times! Maxie loves everyone and
everything, even dogs, and I have never seen him even attempt to
scratch anyone. Maxie is a real moggie with a sad background. He was
dumped with his mother and 5 siblings ( who sadly died) but was
luckily found and given to the Cat Protection Society. We got him and
he is a great cat who wins everyone over, even cat haters.
Old January 11th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
I have a cat named"Maximus" but we call him Max or Maxie. We gave him
this name because he is a very gentle, delicate cat and we thought
having a strong name would toughen him up. Didn't work. Maxie is the
most gentle and relaxed cat you would ever meet. The cat across the
road would come over and beat him up and he had no idea how to defend
himself. I rescued him so many times! Maxie loves everyone and
everything, even dogs, and I have never seen him even attempt to
scratch anyone. Maxie is a real moggie with a sad background. He was
dumped with his mother and 5 siblings ( who sadly died) but was
luckily found and given to the Cat Protection Society. We got him and
he is a great cat who wins everyone over, even cat haters.

Lucky Max, to have found such a good home!

Joy

Old January 11th 08, 08:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:14:16 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I have a cat named"Maximus" but we call him Max or Maxie. We gave him
this name because he is a very gentle, delicate cat and we thought
having a strong name would toughen him up. Didn't work. Maxie is the
most gentle and relaxed cat you would ever meet. The cat across the
road would come over and beat him up and he had no idea how to defend
himself. I rescued him so many times! Maxie loves everyone and
everything, even dogs, and I have never seen him even attempt to
scratch anyone. Maxie is a real moggie with a sad background. He was
dumped with his mother and 5 siblings ( who sadly died) but was
luckily found and given to the Cat Protection Society. We got him and
he is a great cat who wins everyone over, even cat haters.

You are both very lucky to have each other. He sounds like a real
sweetheart. Cats like Max are very, very special, indeed.

May I suggest you try to keep Max indoors? It sounds like being outside
is rather dangerous for him. A really mean dog could kill him in
seconds. That would be terribly, horribly tragic for such a nice cat!

Cats like Max need to be protected, since they can't or won't protect
themselves.

I want Max to have a very, very long, happy life with you.
Old January 11th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jan 11, 4:14*am, wrote:
I have a cat named"Maximus" but we call him Max or Maxie. We gave him
this name because he is a very gentle, delicate cat and we thought
having a strong name would toughen him up. Didn't work. Maxie is the
most gentle and relaxed cat you would ever meet.//////

I have a friend with a cat called Conan, after Conan the barbarian.
She named him in a similar manner you named Maximus. To toughen him
up.

Suffice to say, he's such a wuss, he's now called "Conan the
Librarian"....

Welcome to the group )

Helen M