OT - Brooke Update

Old February 16th 09, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JBHajos[_2_]

Default OT - Brooke Update

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:57:06 -0600, CatNipped wrote:

Continued thoughts/well-wishes/prayers and especially purrs will be very
much appreciated by my entire family.

Absolutely!! Special purrs are on their way as well as all good
wishes, purr-ayers, good vibes, and hopes for successful outcome. She
remains in our thoughts.

Jeanne
Old February 16th 09, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Brooke went in for her (I guess you'd call it) "interim" chemo treatment.
She was in the hospital weekend before last and got her first chemo
treatments Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Then they had her wait 5 days and
come in on this last Saturday for one treatment (that they "pushed" in in 15
minutes). Now she waits three weeks to go back for the 3 day treatment,
then 5 days for the "interim" treatment, then three weeks... and so on for 6
months (which is why she can't go back to school until, possibly, next fall.
I don't know when/if she'll be going in for them to check on the progress of
the chemo - to see if the growths are shrinking, growing, or just not
responding. She is a part of the children's study, and the protocol is that
if the growths are not shrinking or are growing then she'll go on to the
radiation therapy; if they are shrinking they will skip radiation.

This "interim" chemo treatment was a lot harder on her than the first round.
She didn't get violently ill, but she just felt completely washed-out and
out of it. From listening to what others have said about the chemo, we can
expect the side effects to increase over time. She's already experiencing
some hair loss, so maybe not being able to go back to school right away will
be better for her (she has a lot of really supportive friends and teammates,
but other children can be really cruel).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Visit all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old February 16th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs for her continued unabated.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old February 16th 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Our purrs and prayers will continue for Brooke. IMHO it is best not to
will probably be beneficial and she will need lots of rest.
the hair loss can be traumatic, but it will grow back. Purrs for all. MLB

Old February 16th 09, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

purrs continuing

wrote:

[...]

Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
and Rocky (RB)
Pix at http://tinyurl.com/22pfn8
Vids at http://tinyurl.com/4yb6nj
Old February 19th 09, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Many purrs for Brooke - so sorry for her ordeal.
Christine

Old February 21st 09, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Continued purrs and prayers for Brooke. How are things today? Best
wishes. MLB
Old February 22nd 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 16, 7:57*am, "CatNipped" wrote:

Continued thoughts/well-wishes/prayers and especially purrs will be very
much appreciated by my entire family.

And all are continuing to be sent from here

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs