Sad story, reminds me of KFC

Old February 14th 12, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Sad story, reminds me of KFC

One of world's oldest cats Miez Maz mistakenly put down by Swiss vet
Miez Maz, one of the oldest pet cats in the world, was put to sleep at
the age of 33 when a vet mistook him for a sick stray.

Read mo
http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/890255-...#ixzz1mNGNQtrB

--
Adrian
Old February 15th 12, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
One of world's oldest cats Miez Maz mistakenly put down by Swiss vet
Miez Maz, one of the oldest pet cats in the world, was put to sleep at the
age of 33 when a vet mistook him for a sick stray.

Read mo
http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/890255-...#ixzz1mNGNQtrB

--

The trouble is that when they get as old as KFC and Miez Maz, they look bad
as they don't groom (usually won't let anyone else do it either) and can
often be thin as CRF sets in. To someone who doesn't know them I suppose
they do look like a sick stray.
It's very sad.
Had KFC been taken to her own vet when she wandered looking for me, they
would have recognised her as she was in treatment with them at the time, and
was a regular visitor there since she was around 17. She *was* approaching
the end of her long life and I might have made the decision fairly soon -
but I would like to have made that decision myself and not spent nearly two
weeks trying to find out what happened to her.
One of my (now ex) friends said to me "Well, that saved you the job, didn't
it? and you didn't have to pay for it either"
Which reminds me of what my grandfather once said "Never trust people who
don't like animals, they have no empathy"

Tweed

Old February 15th 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

One of my (now ex) friends said to me "Well, that saved you the job, didn't
it? and you didn't have to pay for it either"

Tweed

That is one of the worst, most uncaring--or at least, lacking in
understanding--comments that I have ever heard. I would have been outraged
(as I can see you were, since you said "ex" friend). When I had to make the
terrible decision to have my first cat euthanized at the age of 20, someone
told me, "Well, it's only a cat. You can always get another one." I
thought that was terrible and have remembered it (and who said it) to this
day, even though that was more than 30 years ago.

MaryL

Old February 15th 12, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

One of my (now ex) friends said to me "Well, that saved you the job,
didn't
it? and you didn't have to pay for it either"

Tweed

That is one of the worst, most uncaring--or at least, lacking in
understanding--comments that I have ever heard. I would have been
outraged (as I can see you were, since you said "ex" friend). When I had
to make the terrible decision to have my first cat euthanized at the age
of 20, someone told me, "Well, it's only a cat. You can always get
another one." I thought that was terrible and have remembered it (and who
said it) to this day, even though that was more than 30 years ago.

Some people just don't understand how much a cat or dog can mean to you, but
this comment severed our friendship for ever.
My grandfather always said "never trust anyone who does not like animals,
they lack empathy"

Tweed

Old February 16th 12, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

MaryL wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

One of my (now ex) friends said to me "Well, that saved you the job,
didn't
it? and you didn't have to pay for it either"

Tweed

That is one of the worst, most uncaring--or at least, lacking in
understanding--comments that I have ever heard. I would have been
outraged (as I can see you were, since you said "ex" friend). When I
had to make the terrible decision to have my first cat euthanized at the
age of 20, someone told me, "Well, it's only a cat. You can always get
another one." I thought that was terrible and have remembered it (and
who said it) to this day, even though that was more than 30 years ago.

MaryL

When I was a girl, that attitude was more general than it is now.
People tended to regard pet animals as things, rather than living
creatures and family members, and even vets and people who SHOULD have
known better questioned whether they felt pain in the same way as
humans. That's one reason they found nothing intrinsically wrong with
experimental animals. (There may be some justification for medical
experiments, but COSMETICS? Let's hope that's no longer common practice!)

Old February 16th 12, 12:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Some people just don't think when they make comments like that of your
former friend. When my beloved dog Sampson died at age 18, I notified the
apartment manager I wouldn't be paying monthly pet rent anymore. She said,
"Oh, just get another dog." Excuse me?! If someone's child died would you
suggest they just get another one?

I was a wreck. My vacation had been scheduled for the following week but my
supervisor let me take it a week early. There was no way I'd have been able
to function (and, being an animal lover herself, she completely understood).
Co-workers knew I was devastated so they took up a collection and sent me
flowers. One co-worker I'd thought of as a friend (we'd go out to lunch
regularly) didn't contribute... her name was conspicuously absent on the
card. She fell into the category your grandfather spoke of. People who
don't like animals simply can't understand what it feels like to lose a
beloved pet. I feel sorry for those people.

Jill

Old February 16th 12, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Feb 15, 2:50*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

One of my (now ex) friends said to me *"Well, that saved you the job, didn't
it? and you didn't have to pay for it either"

Back in October when I stood on Sarsi's tail and she flipped- the next
evening I was in my local and someone asked me what the Hell had
happened seeing as how I had plasters on both arms etc and I told them
and this guy I sorta vaguely knew said "You have had her put down
haven't you?" and when I stared at him said "Well if you haven't I
could pop home and get my hammer and do it for you"

One of the other regulars suggested he get his hammer and bring it to
the pub so he could smash his brains in and the guy said "I'm only
trying to cheer her up"

I'm afraid I raised my voice to him or to be more exact I said "WHAT
SORT OF F***ING PERSON DO YOU THINK I AM IF YOU THINK THAT I WOULD
FIND THE IDEA OF BASHING A CATS BRAINS OUT WITH A HAMMER FUNNY?!!"

Funny he doesn't drink in there now

And Tweed you had a very wise grandfather

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 16th 12, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Lesley wrote:

Back in October when I stood on Sarsi's tail and she flipped- the next
evening I was in my local and someone asked me what the Hell had
happened seeing as how I had plasters on both arms etc and I told them
and this guy I sorta vaguely knew said "You have had her put down
haven't you?" and when I stared at him said "Well if you haven't I
could pop home and get my hammer and do it for you"

One of the other regulars suggested he get his hammer and bring it to
the pub so he could smash his brains in and the guy said "I'm only
trying to cheer her up"

I'm afraid I raised my voice to him or to be more exact I said "WHAT
SORT OF F***ING PERSON DO YOU THINK I AM IF YOU THINK THAT I WOULD
FIND THE IDEA OF BASHING A CATS BRAINS OUT WITH A HAMMER FUNNY?!!"

Funny he doesn't drink in there now

I remember that story. Wasn't this at your gaming group?

And Tweed you had a very wise grandfather

Agreed!

--
Joyce

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
the hell alone. -- Unknown
Old February 16th 12, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Feb 16, 11:31*am, Bastette wrote:

I remember that story. Wasn't this at your gaming group?

Nope that was the insensitive ******* after Fugazi crossed the Bridge
back in 1999. This guy got off with verbal abuse if someone hadn't
stopped me in 1999 that guy would have got my fist in his face (this
may not be the best time to point out I am not a violent person
honest!)

Old February 16th 12, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

news:PK2dnezmlJfrFqfSnZ2dnUVZ8ludnZ2d@brightview. com...

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/890255-...t-cats-mistake....

--

[...]

The day I had Rusty PTS, some friends didn't want me to stay home by
myself and brood. One friend offered to go out for dinner with me.
But I rather stayed home to mourn my loss.
It has been over a year now and I
still haven't given away all of Rusty's stuff.. But I am working on
it.
Just his food and water dishes left still sitting in 'his room'.
Thinking of making a donation to the humane society where I got him,
maybe on his adoption coming up in June.
Winnie

The last story CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 7 February 24th 10 06:03 PM
One eye kitten--reminds me of Lily Enfilade Cat anecdotes 6 November 16th 05 05:32 AM
my story bob Cat community 0 October 8th 05 10:37 AM
RB Kitty story invite (Rocky's Story" reposted - Longish) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 15th 05 07:14 AM
I Have a Story... Sherry Cat anecdotes 9 March 29th 04 05:19 PM