Thank you for all the cards!

Old January 4th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Thank you for all the cards!

I was thrilled to be able to open all the holiday cards last night you
wonderful people sent to me. Persia got all indignant about the bits of fur
in some of them. LOL But for the most part she was simply happy I was home
and she wasn't in the smelly place anymore.

The post office played a cruel trick on me. They'd said they would hold my
mail until I came in and picked it up upon my return. Apparently that form
got lost in the mail. (heheh) I came home to find packages at my front
door. Nothing says, "No one is home!" more than mail spilling out of the
mailbox and holiday wreaths still hanging on the doors! My mailbox was
stuffed with junk mail and catalogs. Oh, but the RPCA cards more than made
up for it!! Thank you!

Jill

Old January 6th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

jmcquown wrote:
I was thrilled to be able to open all the holiday cards last night you
wonderful people sent to me. Persia got all indignant about the bits of fur
in some of them. LOL But for the most part she was simply happy I was home
and she wasn't in the smelly place anymore.

The post office played a cruel trick on me. They'd said they would hold my
mail until I came in and picked it up upon my return. Apparently that form
got lost in the mail. (heheh) I came home to find packages at my front
door. Nothing says, "No one is home!" more than mail spilling out of the
mailbox and holiday wreaths still hanging on the doors! My mailbox was
stuffed with junk mail and catalogs. Oh, but the RPCA cards more than made
up for it!! Thank you!

Jill

You can do the "hold mail" thing online (www.usps.com). We use that
when we're going out of town and have never had a problem with it. You
can either have them deliver it the day you return or have them hold it
for pickup at the post office.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old January 13th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

sam wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I tried that, Sam, but since I didn't know when I'd be back I had to go to
the post office to put in the request. I could have been gone for another
month, for all I knew. Then they lost it or something because my mail
wasn't held. I've never run into a problem with it in the past.

Jill

Cards! Lesley Cat anecdotes 5 December 15th 07 06:34 PM
Thanks for the Cards! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 8 December 9th 06 03:06 AM
Still getting cards! Singh Cat anecdotes 2 January 9th 05 02:23 AM
Cards away! Marina Cat anecdotes 13 January 1st 05 03:56 AM
More Cards Away! Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 0 December 4th 04 12:01 AM