Stray Cat

Old January 7th 08, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default Stray Cat

Stray Cat

Dear God,
please send me somebody who'll care.
I'm so tired of running and sick with despair.
My body is aching and filled with such pain;
And dear God I pray, as I run in the rain
That someone will love me and give me a home,
A warm cozy bed, and food of my own.

My last owner left me alone in the yard..
I watched as they moved, and God that was hard.
So I waited awhile, then went on my way.
To rummage in garbage and live as a stray.

But now, God, I'm so tired and hungry and cold;
And I'm so afraid that I'll never grow old.

They've chased me with sticks and hit me with straps
While I run the streets just looking for scraps.
I'm not really bad, God, please help if you can,
For I have become just a "Victim of Man."

I'm wormy, dear God, and I'm ridden with fleas;
And all that I want is an Owner to please.

If you find one for me, God, I'll try to be good.
I won't scratch the carpet;
I'll do as I should.
I'll love them, play with them, and try to obey.
I will be so grateful if they'll let me stay.

I don't think I'll make it too long on my own,
'Cause I'm getting weak and I'm so all alone.
Each night as I sleep in the bushes I cry,
'Cause I'm so afraid, God, that I'm gonna die,
I've got so much love and devotion to give
That I should be given a new chance to Live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old January 7th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

Reading brought tears to my eyes because it is so true and could have
been writen by all of my babies at one time!!

If you do not mind I think I will send this to the "Letters to The
Editor" in the local paper.

Thanks for posting it.

Old January 7th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Gramby can tell you I am not a crier by nature, in fact if you don't know me
you might think, and be close to right, that I am a pretty cool person
emotionally, between this one and the first one I was crying my eyes out,

Old January 7th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

All my cats were stay who move in with me over the years.

One of them belonged to an old woman who pass away a few years ago.
Her family was happy to take the woman home and belonging but no one
took the time to find a new home for her cat.

She ended up living in a tree by my home and as my townhouse was
already full of cats at the time, I firmly refused to take anymore
cats in even if I would feed her.

Came home one day, during a very heavy rain storm, to find my wife
setting on the couch with something wrap in a towel and from that time
forward she been mine.

Old January 12th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

[...]

This one brings tears to my eyes. Three of my girls came to me as
strays, and this could have been any of their stories
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,

Old January 12th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 02:45:27 -0600, "Stormmee"
wrote:

my tiger could have written this, Lee

I wrote earlier this morning about the sad shape Spotty was in when I
brought her inside. When she came inside she weighed about half what
she should, but her kittens were all well fed and well, except for a
couple with weepy eyes from an cold. TED was really impressed with how
good a mother she was. He ended up keeping two of her kittens himself,
and finding a home for a third, and did Spot's spay at a reduced cost.
This definitely could have been written about her.