Felinitations: Receive Only

Old October 21st 08, 10:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Felinitations: Receive Only

Folks are aware that they can still be members of the group whilst being
"receive only", right?

I'm now getting rather worried because we are missing quite a few people who
were on the list last year - mainly the "receive only" folks.

If you want to be recieve only, all you have to do is say. Its very easy to
change your status, and is no reason not to sign up to Felinitations.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old October 21st 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Yowie" wrote in message
Folks are aware that they can still be members of the group whilst being
"receive only", right?

I'm now getting rather worried because we are missing quite a few people
who were on the list last year - mainly the "receive only" folks.

If you want to be recieve only, all you have to do is say. Its very easy
to change your status, and is no reason not to sign up to Felinitations.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Yowie,

As you know, I am not participating this year. However, I have seen so many
pleas to be added from both rpca and catslaves that I think people simply do
not understand the "receive only" requirement. It also appears that a
number of people who were on the list last year either did not receive the
invitation or did not understand it. I keep seeing references to "add me to
the list," and many of those people seem to think that their names and
addresses will be picked up simply by inserting the request in catslaves or
rpca. I suspect that the system that was used previously -- simple
e-mail -- was more difficult for the administrator but harder for some
users.

MaryL

Old October 21st 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

MaryL wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

I think you may well be right, Mary, though maintaining the list must the
difficult part. I would have thought mailing it to everyone or uploading to
the web would be similar in effort.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 21st 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:42:09 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

Folks are aware that they can still be members of the group whilst being
"receive only", right?

I'm now getting rather worried because we are missing quite a few people who
were on the list last year - mainly the "receive only" folks.

If you want to be recieve only, all you have to do is say. Its very easy to
change your status, and is no reason not to sign up to Felinitations.

Yowie

I think that's because a lot of the people on the 'receive only' list
are ones who are seldom or rarely heard from in these days and they
were on there as a courtesy and because they're fondly remembered...
but they're not going to sign up for felinations because they're not
going to get the message, and they may have lost internet access
entirely... and I have to say I didn't realise that you still had to
signup for receive-only. Could you please send me an invitation?
Old October 21st 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:
Folks are aware that they can still be members of the group whilst being
"receive only", right?

I'm now getting rather worried because we are missing quite a few people who
were on the list last year - mainly the "receive only" folks.

If you want to be recieve only, all you have to do is say. Its very easy to
change your status, and is no reason not to sign up to Felinitations.

I don't think I'll be able to participate this year, and since I'm
overseas from most of you - actually, everyone except Christine K - I
don't think it would be fair to put me on the receive only list, either.
Too expensive for most, you know.

Old October 21st 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
MaryL wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Uploading the list to the web would defeat the whole idea of maintaining
some privacy for those who want to be on the list for private mail but who
don't want their addresses published on the web.

MaryL

Old October 21st 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Marina" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
Folks are aware that they can still be members of the group whilst being
"receive only", right?

I'm now getting rather worried because we are missing quite a few people
who were on the list last year - mainly the "receive only" folks.

If you want to be recieve only, all you have to do is say. Its very easy
to change your status, and is no reason not to sign up to Felinitations.

I don't think I'll be able to participate this year, and since I'm
overseas from most of you - actually, everyone except Christine K - I
don't think it would be fair to put me on the receive only list, either.
Too expensive for most, you know.

I hope you don't mind if I send you one anyway.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 21st 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"CatNipped" wrote in message
. ..

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

No, I always enjoy your cards (and cards from others). But I don't want to
be included on the "receive only" list when the list is circulated.

Thanks!
MaryL

Old October 21st 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 21 Okt., 15:08, Marina wrote:
Yowie wrote:
*Folks are aware that they can still be members of the group whilst being
"receive only", right?

I'm now getting rather worried because we are missing quite a few people who
were on the list last year - mainly the "receive only" folks.

If you want to be recieve only, all you have to do is say. Its very easy to
change your status, and is no reason not to sign up to Felinitations.

I don't think I'll be able to participate this year, and since I'm
overseas from most of you - actually, everyone except Christine K - I
don't think it would be fair to put me on the receive only list, either.
Too expensive for most, you know.

Well, you're not overseas for me.g

Bettina (still has the old list on the pc)